Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
They didn't want to or didn't know how to at AKL again yesterday on my AKL-DOH-BRU and separate ticket BRU-LHR on BA. They suggested I go speak to the supervisor who managed to do it without a problem.

I don't really know what the issue is at Auckland. I will message QR and AeroCare, the handling agent at AKL.

Last edited by Schwann; Apr 7, 2017 at 2:03 am
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Schwann
They didn't want to or didn't know how to at AKL again yesterday on my AKL-DOH-BRU and separate ticket BRU-LHR on BA. They suggested I go speak to the supervisor who managed to do it without a problem.

I don't really know what the issue is at Auckland. I will message QR and AeroCare, the handling agent at AKL.
Thanks for the further feedback and for taking this up with CS. It seems that my subtle hint to Doha CS hasn't yet worked its way down the food chain. At least you were able to get a supervisor to sort the interlining, others were not as lucky as you in that respect.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:41 pm

They refused to check my bag through from my AKL flight landing in TXL onto my onward BA flight. Wouldn't give way at all, said it's not something they're allowed to do from AKL at the moment, despite them knowing that they should be able to. Said it's something they're looking to get permission for.

What a pain!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I read somewhere (and I could be wrong) that through check is not available for TXL at all because of the way the airport is laid out. This is why they might not be able to do it for that city.

Another data point... I tried to check through at PSA for PSA-DOH-AKL-SYD with the Auckland to Sydney on LATAM. Well, what a palaver!

"No, we don't through check."
"Yes, you do - the rule changed."
"Well, the rule changed back."
"I really don't think so, it definitely can be done."

After that, a supervisor came over and she was on the walkie talkie to someone else and also telephoned someone else. Kept saying "LAN Chile". They were discussing if LAN was in oneworld. I told them they are. Later that was confirmed to them on the walkie talkie. Eventually, they were able to through check me successfully and the bag arrived just fine in Sydney.

Separate tickets (actually a BA redemption for the LATAM flight) and all done fine. They were quite helpful really and very friendly, it just took them a fair bit of time to work it all out. It wasn't helped by me having two Passports either, with the one in the booking not being the Australian one, which Australia requires to let me in. They had that hassle too, to be fair, and when they fixed that I also got my LATAM boarding pass issued.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Ba Silver
Wouldn't do it at AKL for me either...the check in agent was totally obnoxious and didnt even know what interlining was....i explained it and showed him BA flight info but all i got was a "computer says no" attitude

complaint has been submitted already as his whole attitude sucked!!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: Ba Silver
The same agent made me remove ipad from checked bag into hand luggage telling me i had to...which is total rubbish and backed up to me by Qatar in subsequent enquiries...great business experience having to empty half ya luggage at the desk lol
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:56 pm

Oh dear. Maybe the messages aren't getting through.

Anyway, their response.

Dear ****,
Thank you for writing to us.
We have noted the contents of your email and sincerely regret the inconvenience caused.
We have directed your correspondence to the ground services department and the Airport Services Manager in Auckland for their necessary attention with the express assurance that all necessary steps will be taken to address the issue highlighted by you.
We once again sincerely regret all inconvenience caused and we remain hopeful to another opportunity of welcoming you on our services in the near future.
Yours sincerely,

Customer Care Officer
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
Oh dear. Maybe the messages aren't getting through.

Anyway, their response.
I will be having another go at interlining from AKL on Sunday. I have an email from QR Customer Service that they should interline at AKL for my itinerary.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Wouldn't do it for us either last week - some lame excuse about not being trained
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
If one were a conspiracy theorist, one might be tempted to think that BA has issued a specific request that no baggage originating from AKL is to be interlined to the concluding European sector.

I will be attempting AKL-DOH-FRA-LHR on Thursday this coming week, all revenue tickets. And I will certainly escalate to a supervisor if I receive any pushback at check-in.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:53 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Today at AKL agent didn't want to interline bag through FRA. I was asked if there was a codeshare on the airline and when I said I don't know then she just said no. Didn't even want to look at my reservation.
- Your bag will be one of the first offloaded, was the simple and unsympathetic reply (when I pointed out I had a tight connection).

Last edited by intuition; Apr 22, 2017 at 2:54 pm Reason: added last few words for clairity
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:29 am

They have a big problem there.

It CAN be done. I would advise anyone to ask for a supervisor if they get pushback.

Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
At end Jan QR would not check my luggage through all the way PER-DOH-OSL-LHR (PER-OSL on QR and OSL-LHR on BA with 2 separate tickets) but just as far as OSL.

Last week on 18 April (after some discussion!) our luggage was booked through to LHR: CMB-DOH-OSL (on QR), then separate ticket (BA) OSL-LHR. What was a pleasant surprise was that we (me and Mrs fbrj) got an unexpected upgrade to CE on our RFS BA econ tickets!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:28 pm

fbrj that is because of a change of how QR treat the OW interlining rules as the thread title suggests. Both cases were handled according to the interlining rules.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:51 pm

There might have been some improvements for interlining finally at AKL. Our check in agent for QR921 today knew exactly what I was asking for, and just needed a nod from a supervisor to tag the bags through to LHR from FRA. Typically both the supervisors were tied up with other queries so whilst we waited, the agent explained that interlining was a new procedure for them and the supervisor just needed to check it had been done correctly. They were not able to do check-in for the BA flight, but I wasn't worried about that as I can do that online at Doha.

I suspect that the complaint sent last week to a Customer Services might have helped get this result - thanks to others for taking the time. I was a bit surprised it worked and was ready with all the evidence and was going prepared to play hard ball, 5* airline etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.