Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
I'll be trying to interline AKL-DOH-CDG(-LHR) tomorrow and will report back.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by ianwall
Take Schwann's photo with you on your phone...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ianwall
Success ... However, initially it was a no "Can't do it unless you're travelling on another Qatar flight".

I said when I last took this flight, the supervisor was able to do it, so she called the supervisor over from managing the Y queue.

It was relatively quiet, so the supervisor used this as a training opportunity and showed my agent how to do it and the tag was printed in under a minute.

My view ... more agent training is definitly required. Although my agent now knows it's possible, I get the feeling it would take a few more goes before being confident enough to do it unassisted.

Hopefully this comes from the top and not individually from persistent flyertalkers!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Good work ianwall! Being persistent pays dividends.

Seems the opposite to other outstations where agents are fully trained, but need some persuasion to do it. Perhaps something to do with AKL being a relatively new route?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I don't know if this is still an issue, but I packed Mrs PtF off to CAI on Sunday morning with a printed copy of the below weblink (spelling mistake there/their notwithstanding). See, in particular, the last paragraph - Through check-in:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...s-service.page

At CAI QR check-in she was able to check her bags all the way through to her final destination, as well as receiving all her boarding passes. Her itinerary (two separate tickets) was:

CAI-DOH (QR-F) / DOH-CDG (QR-F) // CDG-LHR (BA-J)
Will be testing this next week (on a very similar routing), glad to hear there's precedent!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Checked in at Auckland about an hour ago. I'm doing AKL-DOH-FRA then FRA-LHR-DUB on BA.

The check-in agent didn't even bat an eyelid when I asked for the bag to be checked through. All she wanted to confirm was that I am in Business Class on the BA flights, which I am.

Absolutely no hassles whatsoever, so all is well in AKL it seems.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
AKL - a breeze

No problems when we arrived at AKL around 1310 local time today.

No queue in the business check-in lane, and beckoned over to the Customer Service desk where the agent - who seemed to be the font of all knowledge for all other staff and was dealing not only with our check in but multiple queries from colleagues - expressed not the slightest surprise or hesitation in checking our bags through to LHR. I did have some concern that I wouldn't be able to ask her to check the bags through, but she managed to successfully multitask and checked us in to the BA sector, too.

We are now in the Qantas Club, less than 30' after arriving at the airport.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Yes, the Customer Service desk person is the font of all knowledge. I asked for the seat next to me to be blocked and she rang two desks down to ask this. I was told they would try to allocate the seat beside me last and so they did. Big thumbs up!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:21 pm

Luggage - Separate bookings

Hi all,
just found the info below on Qatar's website and thought it would be useful. Sorry in advance if someone has posted this before.
I was really not pleased when BA and other Oneworld airlines stopped checking in luggage on separate bookings.
I'm due to fly from DOH to ARN in August. I'm quite worried about a short connection onto the last BA flight of the day to LHR and seriously thought about spending the night in Stockholm. After reading this, I think I'm going to book that BA flight.
Could please share your recent experiences on this with Qatar Airways? If this is accurate Qatar Airways truly deserves 5 stars indeed!

"Through check-in
Qatar Airways is pleased to offer passengers the courtesy of through check of themselves and their bags to their final destination when travelling on multi-sector journeys involving connections onto other oneworld member airlines, even when the trip is booked using separate tickets. However, customers should note that through check may not be possible on their return journey if there trip starts with another airline that does not provide the same level of service."

Last edited by msm2000uk; Apr 28, 2017 at 9:30 am
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:26 am

Giorgiok86 welcome to the QR forum.

Your post has been moved to the relevant thread and you can read the details you are looking for on this thread.
Please be aware that there is a minimum connection time (MCT) for connecting at ARN and your baggage cannot be interlined if your connection time is less than the MCT.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Giorgiok86
I'm due to fly from DOH to ARN in August. I'm quite worried about a short connection onto the last BA flight of the day to LHR and seriously thought about spending the night in Stockholm. After reading this, I think I'm going to book that BA flight.
Welcome to the forum. The through checking that QR have again started to offer has been discussed a lot as you can see.

Regarding your specific query - the last BA flight of the day from ARN - LHR departs at 21:20. The later QR flight to ARN (QR171) lands at 20:00 which means 1h20 connection - QR's minimum connection time outside of DOH is typically 2 hours so you will not be able to interline your bags on this trip. 1h20 is a short connection in and of itself if you have checked bags and on two PNRs you have no protection of your onward connection, so I would suggest reconsidering staying in Stockholm for the night.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
As far as I can see the MCT at ARN is 40 mins so that should be fine for flights non schengen to non-schengen
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Delighted to report the very helpful checkin staff at AKL have successfully without hesitation checked me through from AKL-PSA-LGW. Flight looks very full today 30/4 only middle seats row 1 empty in J economy looks rammed during check in
Old May 1, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Tried and failed to through check my bag between 2 PNR's recently.

The QR PNR was DWC - DOH - OSL - HEL and the BA PNR was HEL - LHR. The supervisor was willing to do it once he knew I was in CE on BA and that I had a 5 hour layover in HEL.

Apparently the system said no, he claimed that the computer said I had too many sectors to be able to do so. Ended up taking the bag as hand luggage to save the faff of re-checking at HEL. I was only working in the lounge anyway.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
As far as I can see the MCT at ARN is 40 mins so that should be fine for flights non schengen to non-schengen
Not sure where you got that from (ARN itself?), but when I though checked my bags previously the check-in agent said the MCT from QR's perspective is 2 hours anywhere other than DOH, and they won't through check bags if it is less than this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.