Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by crackjack
GC, then unfortunately it seems that the number of airlines you consider might drop by at least one more.

If you read through the thread above, QR has taken this approach to such cases for at least 3 years (if not longer). Some QR check-in agents even deny QR-to-other-OW cases and seem to need the policy highlighted to them (or a manager) before they agree to the request.

Perhaps in smaller outstations where they use third-party agents you might get a different result, but it does appear that QR staff have fairly limited discretion on top of what is stated in their published policy.
yes, smaller outstation like BKK
6 widebodies daily...

Last edited by GalaxyChris; Jun 28, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
6 widebodies daily...
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
6 widebodies daily...
interesting... is this QR or a local contractor’s staff, and how long ago?

There is one post above where someone had issues in BKK to OW as well (though eventually done), though it does seem others are now getting this done on the 1st requrst.

Also, did you also get the same treatment back to BKK, or were these only one-way tickets?

Last edited by crackjack; Jun 30, 2019 at 2:53 am
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Flying MAA-DOH-CDG on QR J and connecting onto CDG-LHR on BA Y.

Will check-in staff at MAA through-check my bags?

Also just to confirm, my baggage allowance as OW Sapphire is 40 + 15 kg?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
Flying MAA-DOH-CDG on QR J and connecting onto CDG-LHR on BA Y.

Will check-in staff at MAA through-check my bags?
Without wishing to sound like a bot (thanks to Mr Galaxy for that namesake), your question has been answered many times.. yes, in principal and as per QR policy they should check through. It might be worth printing this from the QR website, link available upthread, so you can have some evidence incase of any pushback at MAA.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
Without wishing to sound like a bot (thanks to Mr Galaxy for that namesake), your question has been answered many times.. yes, in principal and as per QR policy they should check through. It might be worth printing this from the QR website, link available upthread, so you can have some evidence incase of any pushback at MAA.
My apologies Schwann.

Can anyone confirm my baggage allowance as OW Sapphire flying QR J?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Whatever is printed as your allowance on your e-ticket (standard in J is 40kg) plus an additional 15kg.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond

My apologies Schwann.

If you're through-checking bags to BA I suggest you check you have sufficient luggage allowance on your BA ticket too. You may (or may not!) be asked by QR at your first check-in.

Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:57 am

My apologies Schwann.
Not at all... remember to print that page from the QR wesbite here... go to the "Seamless Service" tab and then scroll down to "Through Check In".
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by plunet
Whatever is printed as your allowance on your e-ticket (standard in J is 40kg) plus an additional 15kg.
Thanks, yes e-ticket says 40kg.

Originally Posted by purple1addict
If you're through-checking bags to BA I suggest you check you have sufficient luggage allowance on your BA ticket too. You may (or may not!) be asked by QR at your first check-in.
Yes BA allowance is 2 x 32kg and I am planning to check in 2 x 25 kg

Not at all... remember to print that page from the QR wesbite here... go to the "Seamless Service" tab and then scroll down to "Through Check In".
Thank you!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:22 pm

A couple of data points re separate tickets...

QR staff at BKK happy to check through to a WY flight on a separate ticket (revenue or redemption) onward from Muscat several times this year. LHR refused for exactly the same onward transfer, even though said flight is a codeshare.

So it's luck of the draw. Always worth asking but build in enough time for a landside transfer if the answer is no
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
A couple of data points re separate tickets...

QR staff at BKK happy to check through to a WY flight on a separate ticket (revenue or redemption) onward from Muscat several times this year. LHR refused for exactly the same onward transfer, even though said flight is a codeshare.

So it's luck of the draw. Always worth asking but build in enough time for a landside transfer if the answer is no
It doesn't matter if the flight you're trying to check through to has a codeshare for the airline you are coming from. The key here is either the airline is in oneWorld or it's all on the same ticket.

The BKK staff went above and beyond and the LHR staff were sticking to the rulebook!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:31 pm

It doesn't matter if the flight you're trying to check through to has a codeshare for the airline you are coming from. The key here is either the airline is in oneWorld or it's all on the same ticket.

The BKK staff went above and beyond and the LHR staff were sticking to the rulebook!
Well yes, and no...

Transfers to OneWorld or one ticket is the published rule of course but WY not being that wasn't the reason given by LHR check in staff in this case. And LHR had previously through checked on to a different non-OneWorld carrier on a different ticket for me a couple of months ago.

It is of course the usual consistently inconsistent rule that actually applies. If you're lucky it's a win, if not then be sure not to have booked a short transfer, especially somewhere that you don't have a visa for!
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Transfers to OneWorld or one ticket is the published rule of course but WY not being that wasn't the reason given by LHR check in staff in this case.
Curious... what was the reason given, if can share?

And LHR had previously through checked on to a different non-OneWorld carrier on a different ticket for me a couple of months ago.
This is even more interesting. Coupled w GalaxyChris’s post, seems BKK is more open to it, but interesting that other, Europe-based airports do it as well, at least in some cases.

Any special circumstances there, by any chance?

If you're lucky it's a win, if not then be sure not to have booked a short transfer
Just quoting for emphasis, 100% agree! ^
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
It doesn't matter if the flight you're trying to check through to has a codeshare for the airline you are coming from.
This is something that I believe is commonly misunderstood about codeshares. The codeshare flight number is relevant only for marketing and sometimes mileage accumulation. From an operations perspective, the flight is the flight of the operating carrier. For example, bag tags on a flight you bought as a codeshare are coded with the operating carrier's code and flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.