Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by tplaws
With regards to the AUH fare it appears to be a direct choice between the promotional fare at AED 2415 or the Biz Saver fare at AED 3135. Earlier in the promotion there were Biz Saver fares for AED 2750 but I cannot find them anymore, being indecisive cost me once again!

So it will cost circa either £530 or £690 – a £160 or $200 difference.

With one more day of the promotion remaining I am uncertain what to do. My travel is scheduled for September 2019.

I am not worried about Avios but I do really need the 560 tier points.

I checked my September dates on Skycanner and Momondo and both sites returned results in the £665 price range – looks like you must book direct via Sri Lankan to obtain the Biz Promo Restrict fare. Opodo is now £693 for most random dates chosen (without codes, original price).

I would prefer to pay the AED 2750 (£605) for the Biz Saver price, with some guaranteed Avios but will this price return? I assume that AED 2415 is the lowest price obtainable this year?

Any thoughts welcome.
Arguably, 560TP for £700 would still be a good deal. As some have said, the route has been popular with TP runners for a while and the better deals seem to come and go. I hope I haven't jinxed it - I'll be looking at repeating it early in my next BAEC membership year!
Dicksbits and tplaws like this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by tplaws
With regards to the AUH fare it appears to be a direct choice between the promotional fare at AED 2415 or the Biz Saver fare at AED 3135. Earlier in the promotion there were Biz Saver fares for AED 2750 but I cannot find them anymore, being indecisive cost me once again!

So it will cost circa either £530 or £690 – a £160 or $200 difference.

With one more day of the promotion remaining I am uncertain what to do. My travel is scheduled for September 2019.

I am not worried about Avios but I do really need the 560 tier points.

I checked my September dates on Skycanner and Momondo and both sites returned results in the £665 price range – looks like you must book direct via Sri Lankan to obtain the Biz Promo Restrict fare. Opodo is now £693 for most random dates chosen (without codes, original price).

I would prefer to pay the AED 2750 (£605) for the Biz Saver price, with some guaranteed Avios but will this price return? I assume that AED 2415 is the lowest price obtainable this year?

Any thoughts welcome.
on the UL website it seems to still be there for £530 or 2415AED for dates in october
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:48 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by peter h
For both my returns (one in DXB and one in AUH), I was able to stay airside while connecting from UL from CMB on to BA back to the UK.
Sorry i meant b2b.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
Sorry i meant b2b.
Yes, it is possible to stay airside at both airports when doing B2B.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
I’m AUH based. Is the MR worthwhile or of any value if I have the points credit to EY as they are an EY partner? So they earn miles and tier miles in this business fare?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:24 pm

%125 for i class https://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-miles/flying.html
No tier miles though.

Last edited by Croupier; Jul 30, 2019 at 2:34 pm
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:28 am

Good luck getting the bonus % when crediting to Etihad. I don’t bother anymore. I tried twice in the past when travelling Business Class on ‘partner airlines’.

Once Alitalia the other time Philippine. Both times ensured my EY Guest number was entered into reservation. Both times issued boarding cards with EY number printed on it. Both times had to chase crediting to my account which took months. Both times even after sending e-ticket copy’s with fate codes received only 100% of miles instead of the supposed entitled 150%/125%. I just gave up in the end.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BA
Hey all,

Long time lurker. Finally signed up and have jumped on this deal paired with a BA premium economy deal out of INV. Thanks very much for posting this as I will be gaining 750 TP and therefore hitting silver very efficiently. Will be my very first mileage run! Looks like I'll be sharing a flight home with SirToby. Would be great to say hi to you or anyone else along the way. Flying itinerary below:

13/9 - INV-LHR-AUH
14/9 - AUH-CMB-CGK
16/9 - CGK-CMB-AUH
17/9 - AUH-LHR
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by G747
Hey all,

Long time lurker. Finally signed up and have jumped on this deal paired with a BA premium economy deal out of INV. Thanks very much for posting this as I will be gaining 750 TP and therefore hitting silver very efficiently. Will be my very first mileage run! Looks like I'll be sharing a flight home with SirToby. Would be great to say hi to you or anyone else along the way. Flying itinerary below:

13/9 - INV-LHR-AUH
14/9 - AUH-CMB-CGK
16/9 - CGK-CMB-AUH
17/9 - AUH-LHR
Welcome to the party, and of course to FT!

As one needs 90 days, and 90 posts under the belt to be able to update the Wiki, I sorted that out for you.If you could post the date (if different from my guess) and flight # for the INV-LHR segment, someone can help you with those details, and also if you already have made hotel arrangements, but that can of course be added later.

Just a word of warning - coming back after this relatively short TPR as a newly minted silver, there might occur thoughts of a re-run. 2 x 790 reaches another level, as you probably already know. This type of travel is contagious, though.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:05 pm

Just back from this interesting trip and got slightly lucky and equally burnt.
Was going ok, managed to avoid BA and Heathrow strikes and IT issues.
Also managed to avoid complete power outage in most of Indonesia, Yogya wasnt affected.
Also whilst in Yogya heard an almighty rumble of a subway train.
Realised it wasnt a subway train but an actual earthquake. Panicked a little but was fine.

Eventually my luck ran out on my return. UL365 was delayed for 2 hours which meant i missed my connx in CMB back to AUH and therefore my split ticket back to LHR/DUB was up the spout. oversight on my part i thought CMB was an easy transit.
Had to amend my booking to WT(gasp) for following day, only(!) cost me £370 in change fees, was initially quoted £700 or £2400 for CW
Not sure ive any legs to stand on insurance wise as i guess UL did their job eventually and will have to put this one down to experience.

Wasnt a fan of UL overall, there seemed to be a Ryanair-esque attitude from a lot of the crews, although my last delayed flight back to AUH was nice as there were only 5 pax in CW. The food though was spot on. Trying to find a happy medium for the 'relax' mode on the 332 was a challenge. Like being in a kids high chair.
It should get me to gold anyways hoping the UL legs post some day and that my luggage also arrives some day would be nice.

Think next time i do a TP run combined with holiday ill go somewhere a little less challenging.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by acquiescefc
Just back from this interesting trip and got slightly lucky and equally burnt.
Was going ok, managed to avoid BA and Heathrow strikes and IT issues.
Also managed to avoid complete power outage in most of Indonesia, Yogya wasnt affected.
Also whilst in Yogya heard an almighty rumble of a subway train.
Realised it wasnt a subway train but an actual earthquake. Panicked a little but was fine.

Eventually my luck ran out on my return. UL365 was delayed for 2 hours which meant i missed my connx in CMB back to AUH and therefore my split ticket back to LHR/DUB was up the spout. oversight on my part i thought CMB was an easy transit.
Had to amend my booking to WT(gasp) for following day, only(!) cost me £370 in change fees, was initially quoted £700 or £2400 for CW
Not sure ive any legs to stand on insurance wise as i guess UL did their job eventually and will have to put this one down to experience.

Wasnt a fan of UL overall, there seemed to be a Ryanair-esque attitude from a lot of the crews, although my last delayed flight back to AUH was nice as there were only 5 pax in CW. The food though was spot on. Trying to find a happy medium for the 'relax' mode on the 332 was a challenge. Like being in a kids high chair.
It should get me to gold anyways hoping the UL legs post some day and that my luggage also arrives some day would be nice.

Think next time i do a TP run combined with holiday ill go somewhere a little less challenging.
I completely agree with you regarding the A332 seat, and trying to find the 'relax' mode.

I found it great to sleep on (although I was so tired I could have fallen asleep anywhere), but to watch the IFE I felt like I was in some sort of yoga position!

Shame it went pear-shaped on the return, but unfortunately these things sometimes happen.

M
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
The new BA promo BA two for circa £2,000 Aug and into Sept is also valid for AUH and DXB. This would be a great fare for positioning flights for the CGK run.

I have a couple of runs booked for September and wondering if anyone would be interested in "sharing" this promo for AUH or DXB?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Lefly
The new BA promo BA two for circa £2,000 Aug and into Sept is also valid for AUH and DXB. This would be a great fare for positioning flights for the CGK run.

I have a couple of runs booked for September and wondering if anyone would be interested in "sharing" this promo for AUH or DXB?
I'm waiting for the AUH-CGK fares to come back up (at the right price!), but otherwise I'd happily join.

M
Lefly likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Lefly

The fare from UAE is great. But surely adding £1000 to it makes it a pretty unimpressive fare from London to Jakarta - given the time, faff, discontinuities and potential pitfalls involved.

It might work as a mileage run, but you'd need to be pretty desperate for TPs.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The fare from UAE is great. But surely adding £1000 to it makes it a pretty unimpressive fare from London to Jakarta - given the time, faff, discontinuities and potential pitfalls involved.

It might work as a mileage run, but you'd need to be pretty desperate for TPs.
I was indeed thinking of it as TP run. And I think it can also depending from how many runs you do between the positioning flights. Doing just one probably isn't that great, but from the second run the TP/money ratio should be more interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.