Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Thank you all for the detailed replies.
I was wondering if this info is worth adding to the wiki above?
Old May 31, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
Very helpful info. Thank you sirtoby.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SirToby
Thank you all for the detailed replies.
I was wondering if this info is worth adding to the wiki above?
Not sure which info you were considering

I've added the pearls of wisdom about through check-in on separate tickets...

....but managed to resist the temptation to add the stuff about when points post
SirToby likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Yes, I was referring to the check luggage through info
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lefly
Yes it does.
With me the check-in lady in CGK looked carefully to the allowance for the other tickets' class, and I had to remind her that as Gold/OWE even if the last ticket was in Y I had 2 bags anyway.
Once solved the little hiccup, no problem at all.
Can confirm that. Had the same issue but all solved after 5 minutes.

I was flying AUH-LHR -TXL and was able to check the luggage only to LHR to ask for an earlier flight from LHR. But could be a helpful tip for people who maybe wants to skip the last leg.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: FlySmiles (Blue)
The default price appears to have risen to $858 (ITA Matrix) from AUH. Still seems good value.

What I am really after is the ability to stay in CMB for 10 to 12 days, do an overnight stop in CGK, return to CMB for 4 or 5 days before returning to AUH.When searching in ITA Matrix (using multi-city) I always seem to get a fare of $1357. I notice the fare category is D and not I.

I have been following this thread for 6 weeks or so and in late April I was able to factor in the required stopovers for dates in July/August 2019 and obtain fares for circa $800, (I should have booked it then, in hindsight). At that point I had no intention of aspiring to obtain status with BA.Thanks for any help offered.

Kindly post any sample dates if any are found.

Last edited by tplaws; Jun 4, 2019 at 1:32 pm Reason: formatting
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by tplaws
The default price appears to have risen to $858 (ITA Matrix) from AUH. Still seems good value.

What I am really after is the ability to stay in CMB for 10 to 12 days, do an overnight stop in CGK, return to CMB for 4 or 5 days before returning to AUH.When searching in ITA Matrix (using multi-city) I always seem to get a fare of $1357. I notice the fare category is D and not I.

I have been following this thread for 6 weeks or so and in late April I was able to factor in the required stopovers for dates in July/August 2019 and obtain fares for circa $800, (I should have booked it then, in hindsight). At that point I had no intention of aspiring to obtain status with BA.Thanks for any help offered.

Kindly post any sample dates if any are found.
Unfortunately I believe the lastest version of the fare (IE6M1AE) filed in late April / early May does not allow for stopovers.
The more expensive DE6MAE fare does allow a
stopover in CMB in each direction, which is why you are being offered the D fare. You could try waiting for a few more weeks (especially since the A330 being rostered for AUH-CMB and CMB-CGK for many dates in June/July should mean a larger inventory of business class seats), but at the same time demand will also be higher over the summer period, so you may lose out on your preferred dates.

Note also that UL’s own website is still quoting AED 2975 (~USD810) for advance bookings for most dates, even though fares displayed on GF seem to have jumped.
tplaws likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingnomad

Unfortunately I believe the lastest version of the fare (IE6M1AE) filed in late April / early May does not allow for stopovers.
The more expensive DE6MAE fare does allow a
stopover in CMB in each direction, which is why you are being offered the D fare. You could try waiting for a few more weeks (especially since the A330 being rostered for AUH-CMB and CMB-CGK for many dates in June/July should mean a larger inventory of business class seats), but at the same time demand will also be higher over the summer period, so you may lose out on your preferred dates.

Note also that UL’s own website is still quoting AED 2975 (~USD810) for advance bookings for most dates, even though fares displayed on GF seem to have jumped.
Like tplaws, I am interested in a 10 day stay in CMB as opposed to CGK. So, over and beyond the usual rationale for this routing of acquiring TPs, I am looking to work in a vacation, but in Sri Lanka as opposed to Indonesia. My dates are relatively flexible as long as I have 9 or so full days in Sri Lanka and I would have to depart my home base (GVA) somewhere between Aug. 31 and Sept. 5. Ideal flight dates would be departure Sep. 4 and return Sep. 14.

So, if anyone has suggestions on a well priced routing to maximize TPs that gives me 10 days in CMB around early September I am all ears. Being GVA based I have so far been looking at QR flights out of LGW, Malaga or Skopje. I think the best deals I saw there came in at about 3.6 CHF/TP (2.9 GBP, 3.6USD). I am just starting to explore possibilities around the AUH-CMB-CGK run so tplaws post and answers around it are of great interest to me.

Finally, my ITA Matrix skills are developing and I have a question about the DE6MAE code that you post flyingnomad. Is this fare code something that can be input into ITA Matrix? I don't believe so, but thanks to clarify if this fare code is something that can and should be inserted somewhere to force searches.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by dave_in_gva
Finally, my ITA Matrix skills are developing and I have a question about the DE6MAE code that you post flyingnomad. Is this fare code something that can be input into ITA Matrix? I don't believe so, but thanks to clarify if this fare code is something that can and should be inserted somewhere to force searches.
Try using “f bc=d” in the extension codes box under advanced controls.

see this GF example, gives you 9 days in CMB for Ł888, but can be booked for Ł831 direct on UL.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights#flt...81*2.GBP.88781

Last edited by flyingnomad; Jun 5, 2019 at 3:17 am
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingnomad

Try using “f bc=d” in the extension codes box under advanced controls.

Thanks very much flyingnomad. Appreciate both the clarification and the candidate routing. I will look more closely at solutions involving AUH/DXB-CMB-CGK. It's true that they offer 560 TPs at very reasonable rates. That said, I'll be flying with my wife and have to strike a balance of keeping the flight about a vacation together rather than collecting TPs. Viewed in those terms the QR routings ex-EU seem to have a major advantage in terms of ease/flying times.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’ve just returned from my first DXB-CMB-CGK run.
I thought I would share some observations:

The credit card check is vital. If you don’t pass it then no boarding pass. As my Amex is nearing its end it’s been used a lot and therefore it took 6 attempts at check in using different terminals for the card to register (never have a problem using it elsewhere). The agent said that without the card swipe passing they can’t issue the boarding passes.

The Marhaba lounge at Dubai is very nice and large. UL business class passengers uses a separate section of the lounge that is through a set of blocked off doors. Very nice decor with not bad food and drinks.

UL cabin crew and in fact every UL staff member that I interacted even in the airport was very friendly and helpful. You got the impression that they really wanted to serve you and make your experience amazing.

The Saphire Plaza Premium lounge at CGK is also very impressive and large. It’s between gates 4 and 5.
I liked CGK airport a a lot especially how they’ve tried to break up the monotony of a terminal building.

FM7 hotel is very good for the price and location. The food in the Porte restaurant is excellent. Cheap, plentiful and flavoursome.

The FM7 shuttle take a very interesting route to/from the airport. It goes through a lot of very poor areas and you wonder if you’re going in the right direction.

On on the way back to the airport the shuttle changed lanes to the domestic terminal but somehow we ended up at the international terminal 3. I had to double check with the driver to make sure that I was at the right terminal.

Due to late inbound aircraft my flight from CGK to CMB was delayed by an hour so I newly missed my connection to DXB. Luckily they held the plane but I had to run from one end of the terminal to the other.

The food on UL is nice. Okay size portions but good flavour. They have some of the best tea in the sky.

UL offer proper hot towels at the start and end of each flight. The towels are basically good quality face clothes - large and thick like you would have at home or at a hotel (BA take note).
RafKa, msm2000uk and SirToby like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:08 am

BTW, I spotted a UL A333 at CGK while I was waiting for my A321. Apparently it was being leased by Oman Air as it was flying to Muscat under a WY flight number. I don’t know if it was a wet lease or not.

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Jun 11, 2019 at 11:31 am
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Apparently it was being leased by Oman Air as it was flying to Muscat under a WY flight number.
That would be a pretty good substitution if you were flying WY. Certainly no worse than WY's 789.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
That would be a pretty good substitution if you were flying WY. Certainly no worse than WY's 789.
I'd say that the Cirrus reverse herringbone will feel like a downgrade for people who were expecting the Apex Suite, particularly if:

- you want a full width leg and feet space;
- you do not enjoy sitting and sleeping at a sideways angle from the direction of travel; or
- if you are travelling with someone else.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:53 am

Data point: My UL flights from 7,8,9 June posted to my BAEC account on Wednesday 19 June. This seems in line with what others have said.

You don’t get a cabin bonus for UL flights like you do with a number of other oneworld airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.