Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Fare basis is IP9G3MAE. No miles for a business class fare is cruel punishment to UL's frequent flyers - and the first time I see a J fare earn nothing.
From a BAEC standpoint, seems like it's an eligible fare bucket, so my gut feeling is yes, we should see both Avios and TPs. Nothing I read in the BAEC T&C's seems to contradict that.
8.1. Tier Points can only be earned for travel on eligible Sectors at eligible fares on either British Airways flights or on eligible flights of certain Airline Partners and will be earned by a Member as set out on Ba.com.
8.2. British Airways reserves the right to alter the rules for earning Tier Points (for example, by altering eligible flights or fares or the number of Tier Points earned for specific Sectors). Members will be notified in advance of any changes.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
What is your travel period?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by ubiest
Fare basis is IP9G3MAE. No miles for a business class fare is cruel punishment to UL's frequent flyers - and the first time I see a J fare earn nothing.
From a BAEC standpoint, seems like it's an eligible fare bucket, so my gut feeling is yes, we should see both Avios and TPs. Nothing I read in the BAEC T&C's seems to contradict that.
Not an expert.... but are TPs and Avios not awarded on the instruction of the airline you fly?. In the event you receive nothing and then get in touch with BA, they refer your query to the airline flown. I’m not sure where you stand with BA if UL come back to them and say that no miles/points were part of the T&Cs - even if poorly written?

Last edited by pjh981; Jul 20, 2019 at 1:43 am
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:15 am

It would be a sad consequence if no Avios were awarded by UL on account of the zero miles for FlySmiles members, but TPs are a BA specific subject, and according to its own rules, flights on UL in I class do earn TPs.
If worst came to worst, many flyers could live without the 10K avios, but not with being docked 560 TPs.
pjh981 and Dicksbits like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
I see some great fare from Doha to India. Would love to take advantage of them... However, the no mileage earnings is putting me off.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:32 am

I can’t seem to see the biz promo fares anymore?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:35 am

Interesting, which ports in India and at what price?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
The Biz Promo Restricted fares being shown ticket into I class. I class fares have always earned BA Avios and TPs up until now.
I've just done a couple of dummy bookings and, like others, am seeing fares at AED2415. However, if you do a booking for two people, the total fare is AED4830 so it looks as though the fare is the same whether one or two people are traveling.
Dicksbits likes this.

Last edited by superscot; Jul 20, 2019 at 3:46 am
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I assume Sri Lanka are not as generous as BA in the sense that you can seek a refund within 24h for flights booked?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by ubiest
It would be a sad consequence if no Avios were awarded by UL on account of the zero miles for FlySmiles members, but TPs are a BA specific subject, and according to its own rules, flights on UL in I class do earn TPs.
If worst came to worst, many flyers could live without the 10K avios, but not with being docked 560 TPs.

Sri Lanka website reads: "Codeshare and interline flights will earn miles based on airline partnerships"
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Sri Lanka website reads: "Codeshare and interline flights will earn miles based on airline partnerships"
These flights are neither codeshares nor interlines, so this doesn’t apply
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:44 am

I tend to agree that these flights are booked into ‘I Class’ and therefore would collect one world equivalent miles:
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:44 am

Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by superscot
The Biz Promo Restricted fares being shown ticket into I class. I class fares have always earned BA Avios and TPs up until now.
Has anyone who's flown the I class fares to date not received BA Avios and TP's?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Originally Posted by Grace B
Has anyone who's flown the I class fares to date not received BA Avios and TP's?
Done this twice and received AA EQPs/EQDs/RDMs on the first occasion and BA Avios/TPs on the second.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.