Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bananahead
Can anyone advise if they used a J class lounge at CGK?

There is no information on the UL website and on the lounge finder section of the OneWorld website agreements for UL are not listed.

I just had a reply to my email to UL which stated they have no lounge agreement there?

Hi, Yes they do. Its a contract lounge but quite nice near their departure gate (normally).

bananahead likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Unlikely, as the plane that goes onwards to CGK, is usually the same one you arrive on!

M
What’s transit like at CMB? Do you have to go through security etc and would 55 minutes be enough?
Old May 19, 2019, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by bananahead
Can anyone advise if they used a J class lounge at CGK?

There is no information on the UL website and on the lounge finder section of the OneWorld website agreements for UL are not listed.

I just had a reply to my email to UL which stated they have no lounge agreement there?

Originally Posted by Telecasterman
Hi, Yes they do. Its a contract lounge but quite nice near their departure gate (normally).
There is a thread in the QR forum about the lounge used by OW in CGK Terminal 3 and the photo in post 1 clearly shows UL as a partner in the Saphire-Premium Plaza lounge at gate 5. Jakarta (CGK) T3 Check-In and Lounge

I’m surprised at UL’s reply.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer

What’s transit like at CMB? Do you have to go through security etc and would 55 minutes be enough?
There's security at the gate. It can be a little slow, but I didn't feel pushed for time on either of my two round trips and had time for quick lounge visits.

It was easier on my AUH-CMB-CGK run, because the same aircraft operated both legs each way, so you were at the gate as soon as you got off. On my ex DXB run, there was an aircraft change and the flights to/from DXB used a remote stand at CMB. The security downstairs for the bus gates was chaotic!
Old May 19, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I had the security for bus gate experience today. Messy is the word I would use about it. Better leave the lounge early if you get a bus gate (R1 to R4), even if they board J last.
Apart from that it went everything ok.

By the way, was any FTer in 1D from AUH to CGK today?
Old May 19, 2019, 6:23 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Has anyone flown the A330-200s from AUH-CMB yet?

They're rostered for my dates in June, but trying to work out whether they use the newer refurbished ones.

M
Old May 19, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
If anyone is in CMB Tues AM I’ll be in Serendib lounge - PM me Not on the TP run but heading home after work.

And for everyone else don’t forget to sign the guestbook by the lounge door!
Old May 19, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by our_kid
If anyone is in CMB Tues AM I’ll be in Serendib lounge - PM me Not on the TP run but heading home after work.

And for everyone else don’t forget to sign the guestbook by the lounge door!
how about something like:

Thanks Sri Lankan for your great hospitality and latest offers! #TPRun

Old May 19, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The Doubletree is the best value choice of the international brands in Jakarta. There are far ritzier places, and better located hotels, but the DT offers solid value and not too inconvenient position. It's the hotel I always recommend to visitors. Just two lifts serving 18(?) floors and something like 250 rooms is a frustrating feature, but the rest is fine.

The new Intercontinental is a step up in prices, but it's a lovely hotel in South Jakarta, with a gorgeous club lounge, above the smart Pondok Indah malls. For a couple of nights between UL flights it's as well located as a city hotel can be for airport taxis. For a single night I'd go for one of the many places in the immediate vicinity of the airport, or somewhere like the AllSeasons or Holiday Inn Express within a five minute walk of the Airport Express station (BNI City Station) - Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia malls are very close, and there's an MRT station in from of the hotels if you want to go to Senayan or the chaos of Bloc M.

That's a cruel suggestion

The Loop trip would quickly have the hardiest of visitors fresh off the plane+airport express, in tears. Hidden, misplaced or non-existant station name indicators are the chief frustration for newbies on KRL Jabodetabek: though working out how to get ticketed must be the first problem.
You are of course correct, it is perhaps Intermediate-Advanced level in SE Asian Studies

Cikini station is bang in front of the Doubletree, but not on the Loop. It would, i think, take one more fun-filled change (at Manngarai ?) to get to it from Duri.

Perhaps the best (easiest) introduction to the commuter lines would be a day out in Bogor, available direct from Cikini.
Changing trains at Manggarai is something to be experienced at least once (though if you don't look out when crossing the tracks, it may well be "once and never again" ) And it will get a lot more straightforward when they finally extend the ARS service there...
Old May 19, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by freed0m

It’s IDR for Indonesian Rupiah. INR is Indian Rupee.

Slip of the key, sorry
Old May 20, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP

Originally Posted by onobond

<snip>
Taxi touts tried to hook me up for a ride to Hilton Grand Capital for AED 180, but 15 m further down the hall, the regular taxi driver estimated the ride at AED 60-65, which was pretty accurate, as meter showed 62.50 when at the hotel.

Contrary to my previous excursion, I've only been able to PYOB the CMB-CGK segment, for AUH-CMB only a 'Confirmation' of my reservation, but (too) clearly marked in red "This is not a Boarding Pass". Will try to sort that out tomorrow with the AUH UL office.

Negotiating with the Front Desk associate, I got a late check-out at 6 pm, key card validated for lounge stay until 9 pm, covering the Happy Hour(s) of 6.30 to 8.30. Considering the tiny difference in room rates compared to the Airport Premier Inn, it certainly felt that money was well invested to have a taxi ride to the Hilton GC. I also got a Diamond upgrade to an Executive Suite. Expecting the EL to be a lot better than the mediocre lounge offered at AUH.

UL shares its AUH contract lounge with a load of other carriers, but "mediocre" hardly seems accurate as a description. I've stayed at many Hiltons and I've yet to find one with a lounge that could match it in terms of

scale - a number or very different large seating areas, including a computer set-up with working printers (!);

comfort - it very rarely gets as crowded as the zoo most Hilton lounges become in cocktail frenzy hour;

and the F&B offer - good, well-prepared food and a full bar.

Ramadan restrictions are in force, meaning the airport lounge bar will open an hour after the notional meghreb/iftar timing, so 8pm. Not sure how the Abu Dhabi hotels handle this.

I'm sure I'll be surprised and delighted by a Hilton lounge one day. Fingers crossed. One or two have come close: but the last one, at Hilton's Bali resort was the pits!

Not interested in dragging this thread further OT, I just see other posters have seconded my view of the EL of AUH Hilton Grand Capital. If you want to discuss Hilton Bali resort, please go to the destination forum, or the Hilton thread. I can't, however, just let your post go unanswered. We have different views, maybe due to visiting different Hilton ELs, the one I'm in right now with 45 seats has, during the 1½ first hours of 'Happy Hours' had 3-5 empty seats. Just as in AUH , 5 different types of freshly baked bread, a large sallad buffet, 6 cold hors d'oevres, 5 hot dishes, 5 desert choices, beer, wine, spirits/cocktails ad lib, 2 computer stations with printer/scanner, pretty much like the AUH one.

FYI, the synonym to mediocre is:
of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate
Seems to fit the AUH contract lounge well.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by tsmnc

how about something like:

Thanks Sri Lankan for your great hospitality and latest offers! #TPRun

A very good suggestion!
^

I enjoyed our chat, while transiting in CMB
Look forward to see you around.
our_kid and tsmnc like this.

Last edited by onobond; May 20, 2019 at 6:04 am Reason: Security check
Old May 20, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Thanks to everyone on this thread as I’ll already be in Dubai I’ve booked DXB-CMB-CGK for June. It will be my first time flying UL.

My my only worry is the 55 minute transit on the way back being long enough.

Old May 20, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by peter h
There's security at the gate. It can be a little slow, but I didn't feel pushed for time on either of my two round trips and had time for quick lounge visits.

It was easier on my AUH-CMB-CGK run, because the same aircraft operated both legs each way, so you were at the gate as soon as you got off. On my ex DXB run, there was an aircraft change and the flights to/from DXB used a remote stand at CMB. The security downstairs for the bus gates was chaotic!
Or you might just as easily get the CGK flight from a remote stand, which means using one of the downstairs departure lounges, which are served by a single, maybe two, security lines and can get rammed. There's an awful lot of sanctioned pushing in by the berobed-religious, families with kids, with elderly parents - and just plain pusher-inners. So if you've cut it fine, give yourself a DYKWIA moment and in-push yourself - actually easier to do by showing your business-class boarding card to someone official looking overseeing the queues and they'll open up one of the barriers for you.

UL uses a dedicated business-class bus, and rather insists that J-class passengers wait until all others have been bussed off to the aircraft before allowing J's to board the plush-bus. So there's not much point getting to the gate lounge until towards the end of the boarding process.

There's dedicated security at boarding gates for aircraft connected directly to the terminal, but this is less stressful as they're not going to close aircraft doors while there are passenger queuing to have their bags x-rayed, They seem to make an effort to allocate airbridge stands to Gulf services. At least, I've never been bussed to an aircraft serving a Gulf destination. Which is a silly thing to say: my trip back to AUH next is now destined to be bussed from the CMB terminal.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Thanks to everyone on this thread as I’ll already be in Dubai I’ve booked DXB-CMB-CGK for June. It will be my first time flying UL.

My my only worry is the 55 minute transit on the way back being long enough.

did the same run in March. We were late in from CGK - met at door (CMB) and frog marched to the DXB A330, I was literally the last one on😀 - amazingly my checked bag also made it to DXB.

im in AUH Hilton Capital Grand as I write (enjoying the rather nice, uncrowded EL) about to do another run tomorrow- enjoy the lovely service, hospitality and grub on UL
T
MaxFlyer and onobond like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.