Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:40 am

Plenty of Biz Promo fare level available in Feb/Mar 2020 but you need to book on UL website. I just booked tickets in Feb.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:16 am

Just travelled CGK-DXB on a 900 usd fare bought last year
Rated this 8 out of 10 to SKYTRAX (uploaded 2 days ago):
Flew CGK-CMB-DXB on 31 August 2019 on A321 and A330-200, respectively. Started journey in Jakarta upon arrival from Kuala Lumpur by Malaysia Airlines. Online check in prints were accepted in JKT Airport so I avoided to exit transit. They are very strict on checking credit card information and cannot allow people on board without being verified. They use Plaza Premium Lounge i T3. Lovely lounge in a big panorama corner with long views in 3 directions. Got some snakefruits and guava juice. Fortunately, MH og UL now both uses this terminal. Previously, I had to exit transit and get a visa to enter among different terminals. Both flights were world class in terms of FA friendliness and care. Food was also very, very good with 3-4 options. Elaborate menu and drink list cards provided. Drinks provided uninterruptedly and proactively in a charming way. FA attendants are the best in the sky to my taste. Well groomed, friendly, focused, caring, charming, smiling (flirtatious?), explaining, suggesting, advising, and very honest and direct on whatever topics may pass. Flights full but all were taken well care of by hardworking staff. Aircrafts were worn and torn. IFE was not working properly and plugs are worn. Old, limited content. However, IFE has not any strong priority for me, anyway. Strange seating in the A330 machine, where the window seats in business class are lifted up 20 cm above all other seats in cabin; can’t sleep in such seats. In conclusion, good value for money and lots of Frequent Flyer Points given. First flight delayed 2 hours due to engine malfunction. Second flight awaited the delay of first flight, so eventually all passengers were delayed by (though only by an hour) at arrival in Dubai. Good for us but less good for the majority onboard 2nd flight for and extended 80 Minutes prior to take off. Not a good way for all as more people are affected and problems pushed forward. My two pieces of inscribed luggage were handled well.

Last edited by Pedersens; Sep 3, 2019 at 2:18 am Reason: compacted text
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
I just got the email from UL advertising the sale.

Horse... gate.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
I just got the email from UL advertising the sale.

Horse... gate.
LOL

At least you got one!
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by onobond
Where are you searching? On the UL website all days in March seems to be available for the promo price AED 2465.
Sorry for delay, I’m in transit from HNL back to Europe. I checked in HNL and got that higher price . Just checked in LAX for March and yes, Biz Promo is still showing on the UL web site so all still good. T
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by tilal6991
Just booked my flights for this fare. I'm actually planning on seeing Indonesia and Abu Dhabi (having been to neither before) so I have more time in both cities than some of of you have! There's amazing W fares to AUH on BA (starting at INV and ending at LHR for 325(!) with Best Price Guarantee!) - with upgrades to J using Avios quite open!

If someone could add these to the wiki that would be much appreciated
04/05 INV-LHR
04/05 LHR-AUH
05/05 AUH-CMB
06/05 CMB-CGK
12/05 CGK-CMB
12/05 CMB-AUH
14/05 AUH-LHR
Just to round this story off: managed to get through to BA finally and got my LHR-AUH segments UuAed for 48k + £106. Really looking forward to this trip now!
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Slightly OT, but does anyone know an OTA that can ticket a mixed cabin UL itinerary?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Avios and tier points

Does anyone know whether you earn full tier points and Avios on the promotional fare. The Sri Lankan website says you do not earn Sri Lankan skymiles. Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by iceandaslicegandt
Does anyone know whether you earn full tier points and Avios on the promotional fare. The Sri Lankan website says you do not earn Sri Lankan skymiles. Thanks
Edit: see msm's post below.

Last edited by tilal6991; Sep 3, 2019 at 10:58 am
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:31 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by iceandaslicegandt
I'm going to put this in bold, because it's quite important, and a few people have PM'd me asking.

FOR THOSE BUYING IN THE CURRENT PROMOTIONAL SALE, THERE ARE NO CONFIRMED REPORTS OF THE FLIGHTS EARNING TPS AND AVIOS FOR BAEC.

As soon as someone who has bought in this specific sale (40th Anniversary Sale) comments to confirm they have received TPs and Avios, obviously this message can be deleted.

M
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I'm going to put this in bold, because it's quite important, and a few people have PM'd me asking.

FOR THOSE BUYING IN THE CURRENT PROMOTIONAL SALE, THERE ARE NO CONFIRMED REPORTS OF THE FLIGHTS EARNING TPS AND AVIOS FOR BAEC.

As soon as someone who has bought in this specific sale (40th Anniversary Sale) comments to confirm they have received TPs and Avios, obviously this message can be deleted.

M
Curious though: in past sales with this restriction (i.e. no SkyMiles being earned), have TPs + Avios have been credited? IRRC from above in the thread, the answer is yes?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
How safe would a connection be if I arrived in AUH from CMB at 10 PM and leave at 1.50 AM the following morning (so effectively a 3h50 connection time)?

I'm not familiar with UL on-time record.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by tilal6991
Curious though: in past sales with this restriction (i.e. no SkyMiles being earned), have TPs + Avios have been credited? IRRC from above in the thread, the answer is yes?
There has only been one sale which could be slightly comparable (the early August one), and that did earn TPs and Avios.

However, the ticket conditions are slightly different here, and while I am personally taking the risk, it would be wrong to make an assumption that it will earn - despite being an I class fare.

M
tilal6991 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Danusa86
How safe would a connection be if I arrived in AUH from CMB at 10 PM and leave at 1.50 AM the following morning (so effectively a 3h50 connection time)?

I'm not familiar with UL on-time record.
pretty sure it is the same plane doing a turnaround.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

pretty sure it is the same plane doing a turnaround.
That sounds to me more like coming off the UL CMB-AUH and catching the BA AUH-LHR.

I have done this loads of times with no issues - using the egates at AUH it usually takes me no more than 10 minutes from my seat on the plane to a seat in the lounge...

I am sure that one day it will go horribly wrong, but so far, so good
SullyofDoha likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.