Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I flew UL from DXB to CMB on the 8th Sep. Until today nothing is posted in my account despite having 10 days passed!!

Is there something wrong and I should claim the miles online or I have to be more patient for these flights to be posted to my account?
What mileage account?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
What mileage account?
BA Executive Club.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
I flew UL from DXB to CMB on the 8th Sep. Until today nothing is posted in my account despite having 10 days passed!!

Is there something wrong and I should claim the miles online or I have to be more patient for these flights to be posted to my account?
They should post (to BAEC) on the 18th (today) at some point, following the rule described in post 535 of this thread. If they are not in your account by the 19th I would follow this up.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Just received an EMail from UL with info on a one day sale tomorrow offering up to 40% off:
Thursday Deals!

Up to 40% discount to your favorite destinations

Discount Thursday is here! Purchase your tickets online and get up to 40% exclusive discounts only on Srilankan.com.

Book on – 19 September 2019

Enjoy exclusive fares when you book on Srilankan.com!

Hurry! Book Now!

However, the UL website page for this offer doesn't include CGK flights. I don't know if this is an omission or whether AUH/DXB-CGK really is excluded - worth having a look tomorrow in any case.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by GinFizz
They should post (to BAEC) on the 18th (today) at some point, following the rule described in post 535 of this thread. If they are not in your account by the 19th I would follow this up.
The 4 flights on UL were all posted today. However, my end year date is September 8 and I lost my GGL status to GOLD for next year even with the flight of 8 September I took on UL would give me the minimum tier points required to maintain GGL for next year!

Should I wait until tomorrow and my status level will change to GGL or I should call BAEC and ask them to adjust it manually?

Last edited by NA-Flyer; Sep 18, 2019 at 8:30 am
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
The 4 flights on UL were all posted today. However, my end year date is September 8 and I lost my GGL status to GOLD for next year even with the flight of 8 September I took on UL would give me the minimum tier points required to maintain GGL for next year!

Should I wait until tomorrow and my status level will change to GGL or I should call BAEC and ask them to adjust it manually?
If your flights have posted to this TP year despite the fact they were flown on the 8th, then you'll need to contact BA to get this adjusted.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by superscot
Just received an EMail from UL with info on a one day sale tomorrow offering up to 40% off:

However, the UL website page for this offer doesn't include CGK flights. I don't know if this is an omission or whether AUH/DXB-CGK really is excluded - worth having a look tomorrow in any case.
It doesn't look like it - the AUH-CGK return still comes up at around Ł700 (AED 3,215)
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:07 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Are you seeing any promo prices? Even for other routes?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by hsk
Are you seeing any promo prices? Even for other routes?
I can't tell - the booking page works, but I'm only familiar with the AUH-CGK pricing, so I don't know if other routes are cheaper today.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Short feedback as another data point from my return journey on Monday:
Online check in at CGK possible via app, but again no boarding passes could be produced in the app.
Again a very new A321Neo for the afternoon flight back to CMB, C only about half full.
Service was again attentive and very friendly.
Arrival at CMB was a bus gate, but it seems they used a separate bus for C.
My flight to DXB was already shown as boarding but due to the small size of the airport still easy to reach, security organization at gate again just so so.
Was lucky as aircraft was upgraded from A330-200 to -300 so was able to sample the heringbone seats, a much nicer experience compared to the old seats on the outbound flight.

Transfer at DXB to BA flights super easy as it is all in the same terminal, no one asks for BP when going through / towards transfer security and in case no mobile BP is at hand there is a transfer desk right after security.

All in all a seamless and very good experience, makes me actually think of doing it again

PS: Can confirm the posting times of TP / miles to BAEC for Wednesdays one / 1.5 weeks after flight date as mentioned above.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA
Completed my journey earlier this week and was very impressed by UL. I also briefly met SirToby on the bus to CMB!

The food and crew were absolutely fantastic on all of the flights. All of my flights were on the A321N. I second the comments that the footrest is beyond useless but apart from that I found the seats very comfortable despite the lack of lie flat. I managed to get some decent sleep on my outbound flights over to CGK.

I also second SirToby's comments that CMB is a bit of a riot as they complete security scans at the gate so it's best to leave it as late as possible. The Serendib lounge is OK but I wouldn't like to be in it for too long. It's very dark and has a bit of a claustrophobic feeling for me.

After some initial confusion the agent did check my bag (separate tickets) all the way back to London. It was a BA flight I was connecting on to so I'm sure an alliance airline always helps.

I would definitely do it again but perhaps a bit more time next time to visit Bali or another region. I spent a day in Jakarta and found it manic. The bus costs are very cheap but it just takes a long time to go anywhere due to the traffic. Definitely glad I did it though.

Thanks for all your help with this. Waiting on the TPs posting so I can officially be Silver. May run another one to get Gold early next year.
SirToby likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I am in a position of 450 TP with another 280 bought and need to get to Bali from Dubai. My choice is SriLankan and 560 TP + lie flat on DXB flights which would get me close to Gold which I don't need that much or to fly Oman Air which I never been on before, get some Etihad miles which comes handy but ending up on leased UL 330 probably because of MAX situation (right now is scheduled 789 with Apex Suites which I would love). The another thing is this is trip with someone I want to show the good side of this flying world so both hard and soft product matters. Would you still go for UL?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by SirToby
Short feedback as another data point from my return journey on Monday:
Online check in at CGK possible via app, but again no boarding passes could be produced in the app.
Again a very new A321Neo for the afternoon flight back to CMB, C only about half full.
Service was again attentive and very friendly.
Arrival at CMB was a bus gate, but it seems they used a separate bus for C.
My flight to DXB was already shown as boarding but due to the small size of the airport still easy to reach, security organization at gate again just so so.
Was lucky as aircraft was upgraded from A330-200 to -300 so was able to sample the heringbone seats, a much nicer experience compared to the old seats on the outbound flight.

Transfer at DXB to BA flights super easy as it is all in the same terminal, no one asks for BP when going through / towards transfer security and in case no mobile BP is at hand there is a transfer desk right after security.

All in all a seamless and very good experience, makes me actually think of doing it again

PS: Can confirm the posting times of TP / miles to BAEC for Wednesdays one / 1.5 weeks after flight date as mentioned above.
The app was useless for me too. I instead used the mobile site which did generate mobile boarding passes including those you could add to Passbook.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 747jetter
I am in a position of 450 TP with another 280 bought and need to get to Bali from Dubai. My choice is SriLankan and 560 TP + lie flat on DXB flights which would get me close to Gold which I don't need that much or to fly Oman Air which I never been on before, get some Etihad miles which comes handy but ending up on leased UL 330 probably because of MAX situation (right now is scheduled 789 with Apex Suites which I would love). The another thing is this is trip with someone I want to show the good side of this flying world so both hard and soft product matters. Would you still go for UL?
If you are not fussed about tier points and BA Gold, AND the price is right, then I'd go with Oman Air. I certainly find the short flight to Muscat followed by the much longer one to Jakarta much more relaxing than two four hour jaunts on Sri Lankan. Oman Air is a delight, and the new terminal at Muscat far outclasses the Colombo shoe-box.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:19 am

Just did my one, and definitely only, AUH-CGK-AUH trip. Had 24 hours in CGK.

I found the UL seat to be not very comfortable (1A 321 NEO on all sectors). As mentioned the footrest is a waste of time.

Food wise - a bit repetitive. I don’t think I want another curry for a few weeks. Drinks wise - warm/flat ‘champagne’ as a PDB when offered. The Sauvignon Blanc was also not particularly well chilled.

Now feeling unwell in AUH which doesn’t help!

Would i do it again? No. Good luck to all those multi trip folk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.