Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Both he and I are following each other around for the next 2 days.

We've just flown back to CMB (see details in the WIKI).

What are your flight dates?

M
Tomorrow I’m CGK-CMB-DXB and then the 2300 DXB-CMB
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Jamier45
Tomorrow I’m CGK-CMB-DXB and then the 2300 DXB-CMB
So we‘re off by one day. I‘m in DXB now starting round 2. No hassle doing a back-to-back here and more than enough time for a stop in the lounge.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does UL A333 operate to any destination in the gulf region?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:10 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Have flown a330-300 from/to RUH, as recently as last Thursday
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:05 pm

Occasionally on the DXB route as well. Had a 333 on Saturday and will have one on Wednesday. Today‘s was a 332 however.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by datschi
So we‘re off by one day. I‘m in DXB now starting round 2. No hassle doing a back-to-back here and more than enough time for a stop in the lounge.
where did you get your boarding pass? Transfer desk?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:42 am

where did you get your boarding pass? Transfer desk?
I did online checkin and used the mobile boarding pass. Didn't need a printed one.

You don't need a boarding pass to get through transit security, in fact the transfer desk is after it (and looked staffed).
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
As data points,
I managed to check in for UL online but it never gave me a mobile boarding card and I had to collect them at the airport every time.
I had to show my Amex card both times at DXB check-in - maybe that's why I couldn't get a MBP.
DXB transfer is easy and, as said, no BP required. There is a desk for those without onward BPs after transfer security.
The only transfer I did was from the last UL hop to BA for the 0225 A350 to come home and I had a BA MBP so didn't go to the desk after security. I got an 'unable to board' at the gate and the agent seemed surprised that I hadn't been to a check-in desk but sorted it out.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
As data points,
I managed to check in for UL online but it never gave me a mobile boarding card and I had to collect them at the airport every time.
I had to show my Amex card both times at DXB check-in - maybe that's why I couldn't get a MBP.
DXB transfer is easy and, as said, no BP required. There is a desk for those without onward BPs after transfer security.
The only transfer I did was from the last UL hop to BA for the 0225 A350 to come home and I had a BA MBP so didn't go to the desk after security. I got an 'unable to board' at the gate and the agent seemed surprised that I hadn't been to a check-in desk but sorted it out.
Just boarding the flight back to DXB now, I’ve been unable to get a mobile boarding pass for my first trip, this one or coming up, my last one.

I’ve done the email plastic check but had to use the transfer desk each time.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lefly
They do it also with luggage to check. 19:15 is the earliest you can check-in for the UL flight at AUH using the premium check-in.
Thanks for that, folks at prem check in at AUH gave the distinct impression that we were being checked in a bit early only because we did not have bags to check. Good to know if there is ever another TP run to CGK that I can manage to combine with a proper holiday somewhere in Indonesia
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:00 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
As data points,
Just boarding the flight back to DXB now, I’ve been unable to get a mobile boarding pass for my first trip, this one or coming up, my last one.

I’ve done the email plastic check but had to use the transfer desk each time.
Using Amex directly through UL means the Credit Card check is necessary; if you use Amex on an OTA, the check is waived.

One way around this, is to do the credit card check (for any onward travel) at your first check-in desk (AUH or DXB).

The staff at AUH were happy to do the credit card check for an upcoming booking a few days ago, and couldn't have been more helpful.

M
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:43 am

Not sure if you guys were on the delayed CGK-CMB flight. Unfortunately we came in with a medical emergency onboard, landed 15 mins early or so but noticed the flight left 2hours 10 late.

From the timings I’m guessing the lady was deceased on arrival.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:54 am

Yes, unfortunately we were on the delayed flight and heard about the reason.

I missed my DXB flight and am stuck in CMB until tomorrow afternoon (the EK flight was already closed). UL put me in the Catamaran Beach Hotel.

Onwards to AUH was the same plane as the delayed CGK, that made a few people very happy.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
I am currently in the AUH Plaza Premium lounge waiting for a delayed flight to CMB. I still have 1h15 to make the connection to CGK so not overly worried. But if the worst happens, can BA credit TPs for a 'trip in vain' as AA does?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by datschi
Yes, unfortunately we were on the delayed flight and heard about the reason.

I missed my DXB flight and am stuck in CMB until tomorrow afternoon (the EK flight was already closed). UL put me in the Catamaran Beach Hotel.

Onwards to AUH was the same plane as the delayed CGK, that made a few people very happy.
Are you on the DXB flight tomorrow now? If so I’ll see you onboard!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.