Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold / IHG Platinum AMB
The promotional fare doesn't earn any miles on SriLankan FlySmiles. Do you think it will earn on BA? Booking class is I as far as I can see...
Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:31 pm

Using ITA Matrix and unable to find anything under 3365 AED, have searched in June, July, August, September. Has the sale been cut short maybe?

Edit: Nope, the UL site comes in at 2500 AED p/p, all good.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by griep
The promotional fare doesn't earn any miles on SriLankan FlySmiles. Do you think it will earn on BA? Booking class is I as far as I can see...
Some posts ago someone confirmed to have received the regular points and avios with BA on this kind of sale fare.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
No worries, mate. You'll have the TPs And Avios as per the I class fare. So back to the UL page for reservations now...

Edit: @Lefly types faster
Old Dec 20, 2019, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just made four new reservations, grouped as 2x2, in April and October. Construction as I found plausible, with one TP-run followed by a TP-earning vacation in SEA, both times. Happy to snag A351 flights, all GUFed, on 3 of 4 positioning flights, will have to endure CW in the old 777 on one.

Trying to update the Wiki, I entered a problem that I'm unable to solve. Entering two new months, I left an empty line before the bold line with April and October. When viewing before saving there was no empty line, looks stacked. Correcting once with another empty line to no avail. Kept entering empty lines, but when viewing now, I see 5 of them before saving, after saving they're all gone. So, please, can someone with better computer knowledge than me help out and fix this. I'd certainly appreciate a PM telling me what I'd done to eliminate the empty lines, to avoid in the future.

OK, two more days for this fare sale, but hopefully we'll see it coming back

Don't forget to enter your travels to the Wiki, remember your positioning flights and related hotel stays as well. Personally, I'll start to sort out the hotel reservations for my February travel the day after tomorrow.

Safe Travels, All !
peter h likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by onobond
Trying to update the Wiki, I entered a problem that I'm unable to solve. Entering two new months, I left an empty line before the bold line with April and October. When viewing before saving there was no empty line, looks stacked. Correcting once with another empty line to no avail. Kept entering empty lines, but when viewing now, I see 5 of them before saving, after saving they're all gone. So, please, can someone with better computer knowledge than me help out and fix this. I'd certainly appreciate a PM telling me what I'd done to eliminate the empty lines, to avoid in the future.
I thought it might have been something the forum software was doing. However, I've just gone into the Wiki edit mode and when I clicked on the 'source' button in the menu bar, I could see some superfluous html formatting tags - mainly relating to text alignment and colour. I've removed these (and done a bit more tidying up) and it looks okay now.
onobond likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:54 am

09-02-2020 UL365 CGK-CMB onobond, thejohn, Dancrane +1
Is that the reason 1st row was almost full?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Stupidly cheap price - booked for next August for me and mrs our_kid with a nice 17 hour stopover in Colombo on the way back
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lefly
Is that the reason 1st row was almost full?

Not really. My estimation is: Almost half empty.

Edit: We've left a seat for you, of course.
Lefly likes this.

Last edited by onobond; Dec 20, 2019 at 11:51 am Reason: Adding constructive advice
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peter h
I thought it might have been something the forum software was doing. However, I've just gone into the Wiki edit mode and when I clicked on the 'source' button in the menu bar, I could see some superfluous html formatting tags - mainly relating to text alignment and colour. I've removed these (and done a bit more tidying up) and it looks okay now.
Thanks for the tidying up. Although I still fail to see what I did wrong, I'm obliged to you for correcting it for me. Admittedly, not familiar to all terminology used, but as a pragmatist, I enjoy having a helping hand to makes things right. ^
peter h likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by onobond
Not really. My estimation is: Almost half empty.

Edit: We've left a seat for you, of course.
Got 1D

Changing the subject a bit, it's a pity there are no more Hilton in AUH. I think I'll go with the Premier Inn for the night between the flight from LHR and the UL to CMB.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
At the moment I fares are recorded as earning miles and TP's with BA, and other OneWorld FFP - though not with Sri Lankan's (according to that airline's website).

This earning restriction on UL is a marketing ploy and, I guess, something of a cost saving for the airline. There's no reason why it should not seek to negotiate a change in earnings with OW partners to minimise its exposure. These thing happen!

I think, though, that BA might be expected to honour its commitment to credit TPs and avios as displayed at the time of ticket purchase.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Mmm 7th to 9th Feb is very FT heavy so it seems like a mini do to me. Lefly I will also stay at the PI AUH but I've got a couple of nights 5-6th Feb. I have not sorted out my stays in CGK yet, the first is looking like Bandara at the Airport. And looking for suggestions for my stay in CGK 11-14th Feb.
John.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by thejohn
Mmm 7th to 9th Feb is very FT heavy so it seems like a mini do to me. Lefly I will also stay at the PI AUH but I've got a couple of nights 5-6th Feb. I have not sorted out my stays in CGK yet, the first is looking like Bandara at the Airport. And looking for suggestions for my stay in CGK 11-14th Feb.
John.
I'm guessing you want to stay in the city.
Jakarta has some central, splurge hotels like the Grand Hyatt, Kempinski and MO. Even a Raffles in south jakarta. But if you are looking sensible and brand, the Hilton Doubletree is hard to beat, a little bit off-centre, but Grab is cheap. A regular rate for the DT is around £50-£70.

Less expensive are the two very central Holiday Inn Expresses (Thamrin and Wahid Hasyim), and the lovely new Holiday Inn Gajah Mada (all around £35-£45).

It's a very competitive market. Tripadvisir is probably your friend if you are going off piste. But make sure you are staying in a location you want to be.

Central Jakarta is probably the best general bet, though some visitors prefer the more swanky entertainment areas of south Jakarta, like Kuningan. Here the Citadines is good and not too pricey, but there are also a Marriott, Ritz Carlton et al
thejohn likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thejohn
John.
Swissotel PIK Avenue which is close to the bay and the airport is included in Accor's latest "4x points for our new hotels" promotion which runs through to 8th March (book by 20th Jan). Could be of interest if you are a member of Accor's programme.

Lowest non-refundable room rate works out at about £75 a night for your dates.

You need to go via this link to ensure that you're correctly registered for the bonus points though

https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...oints.en.shtml

Looks as though it could be a possible. There's a new mall adjacent I believe.
thejohn likes this.

Last edited by southlondonphil; Dec 23, 2019 at 3:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.