Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I received today a not very clear - at least for me - marketing/sale mail from UL

Should be read as a sale in the mentioned period?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Lefly
I received today a not very clear - at least for me - marketing/sale mail from UL

Looking at the prices, perhaps this is an Economy Sale, because Business is coming up at the usual non-sale price (3250 AED) - sale price is around 2350 AED.

M
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:18 pm

As an aside, isn't it really odd how they keep sending these promotional e-mails from a specific person's e-mail address? I keep seeing random names pop up on my phone and takes me a second to realise it's from UL.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Can definitely recommend the Swissotel PIK Avenue. Brand new hotel, attached to the PIK mall with loads of restaurants. Bars over the road. Plus it's a 15 minute cab ride from the airport with fairly minimal traffic (by Jakarta standards). Location worked well for me and where I needed to be for work, as well. Also one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had in Asia.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Can definitely recommend the Swissotel PIK Avenue. Brand new hotel, attached to the PIK mall with loads of restaurants. Bars over the road. Plus it's a 15 minute cab ride from the airport with fairly minimal traffic (by Jakarta standards). Location worked well for me and where I needed to be for work, as well. Also one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had in Asia.
Also, for anybody who is a member of Accor Live Limitless (née Le Club Accorhotels) the Swissotel PIK Avenue is one of the hotels in Accor's latest "Get 4x Points for staying in our new hotels" promotion.

https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...ints.en.shtml#

Book by 20/01/2020, stay by 08/03/2020

Last months promo included the Novotel Jakarta Cikini, but this is much better for 'runners' because of it's proximity to the airport.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:34 am

I think the "regular" fare - at least from AUH - went up again a bit, from 3125 to 3225 AED.
I'm hoping in a NY sale now
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
I think the "regular" fare - at least from AUH - went up again a bit, from 3125 to 3225 AED.
I'm hoping in a NY sale now

Oh yes. The strange 'Sale' mail recently not much to write home about. I was busy flying and missed the Black Friday sale with less than an hour. Thus, I second your wish for a Christmas New Year Sale. Cheers!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:13 pm

Ok, Christmas sale is on , with again prices from 2475 AED for AUH-CGK.
As for the last sales, no refund, no change allowed.

Up to 40% off Business class & 25% off Economy class tickets
Have a truly SriLankan Christmas this December with discounts up to 25% on your Economy class tickets! We have over 35 destinations for you to grab exclusively on Srilankan.com!
Book between; 18th – 22nd December 2019 - Fly between; 1st February - 30th November 2020

https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/spec...flight-offers?

Last edited by Lefly; Dec 17, 2019 at 2:19 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Ok, Christmas sale is on , with again prices from 2475 AED for AUH-CGK.
As for the last sales, no refund, no change allowed.
Thanks for the heads up. Just booked AUH-CGK-AUH for Sep 2020 and the fare was AED 2,535.

Pity the max stay is only 1 month.

Last edited by Grace B; Dec 17, 2019 at 4:26 pm
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grace B
Thanks for the heads up. Just booked AUH-CGK-AUH for Sep 2020 and the fare was AED 2,535.

Pity the max stay is only 1 month.

Where did you find this limitation re Business Class travel? Scrolling down the page from the link provided by @Lefly , I see no limitations except that the offer only is valid until 30 Nov 2020. Economy class tix from ME, however, is limited to max 1 month.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Typo in the surname

I’ve jumped on this a bit too quickly and made a typo in my surname. It’s just one letter, but I’m somewhat worried. I’ve emailed UL but haven’t heard back yet - has anyone had similar problem and how helpful was UL? Also, I imagine that points won’t post automatically to BAEC due to the name mismatch - correct?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by onobond
Where did you find this limitation re Business Class travel? Scrolling down the page from the link provided by @Lefly , I see no limitations except that the offer only is valid until 30 Nov 2020. Economy class tix from ME, however, is limited to max 1 month.
I found the limitation by actually trying to book a ticket with a stay in CGK of greater than one month.

It was quite clear from the price matrix when making a booking on the srilankan website that the discounted fare cut out if the stay was greater than one month, and changed to AED 3315.

Why not try it for yourself?
onobond likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grace B
I found the limitation by actually trying to book a ticket with a stay in CGK of greater than one month.

It was quite clear from the price matrix when making a booking on the srilankan website that the discounted fare cut out if the stay was greater than one month, and changed to AED 3315.

Why not try it for yourself?
Yes, you're quite right there. I tried some random dates with longer stays with no luck. Rules does not mention any limitation, but fares reverts to non-discounted when your stay is over one month. Thanks for correcting.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:59 pm

Booked one for February

I'm beginning to think there will be a UL sale for any public holiday of the year. I'm curious to see if there will be one also for Chinese New Year or just for Valentine
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked one for February

I'm beginning to think there will be a UL sale for any public holiday of the year. I'm curious to see if there will be one also for Chinese New Year or just for Valentine
You've certainly got a point there, but before retreating to Valentine's and alike, there are lots more to explore, celebrate and enjoy UL fare sales with New Years celebrated over the world almost in every month of the year. Allow me to add: Nowruz (Persian), Songkran (Thai), Odunde (Nigeria), Neyrouz (Coptic Egypt) and Entutatash (Ethiopia) together with Rosh Hashanah (Jewish).

If anyone needs more reasons to raise a glass for the New Year, take a pick from a selection presented here

Cheers for many Happy New Years (and UL sales) in 2020!
our_kid, msm2000uk, Lefly and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.