Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Looks like folks on the AUH-CGK shuffle will be getting a widebody on the AUH-CMB sector for the next few weeks as UL reduces frequencies to China and redeploys aircraft

https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/copo...ws-details/330
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Looks like folks on the AUH-CGK shuffle will be getting a widebody on the AUH-CMB sector for the next few weeks as UL reduces frequencies to China and redeploys aircraft

https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/copo...ws-details/330
Well, at least temporarily, it's one market's loss makes another market's gain.

Message to UL: consider another sale, and there will be many willing candidates to help you find passengers to the increased seat capacity.

Last edited by onobond; Feb 6, 2020 at 9:57 am
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
AUH Check in times

As the title says what is the earliest time I can check in at AUH the PI has given me a 4pm checkout for tonight’s UL 208
thanks in advance
John
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by thejohn
As the title says what is the earliest time I can check in at AUH the PI has given me a 4pm checkout for tonight’s UL 208
thanks in advance
John
In person, 3 hours before the flight.
Online, at least 24 hours before. Just make sure you print a BP if you OLCI. Mind you, the lounge won't let you in until 3 hours or so before the flight - you might be able to sneak 3 1/2. It would be much cheaper to stay landside for a while.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Thanks JessicaTam for the information. I have to go through the credit card check, so I have checked in online but not printed my boarding pass.
John
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
I know I've read it, but re paying with credit cards do you have to have a credit card check if you pay with amex or is it if you pay with visa/mc? The actual check, is it done at the check in counter or do you need to go somewhere else? If we're doing a couple of trips do they check the card each time o/b and return? Thanks guys
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by skicowboys
I know I've read it, but re paying with credit cards do you have to have a credit card check if you pay with amex or is it if you pay with visa/mc? The actual check, is it done at the check in counter or do you need to go somewhere else? If we're doing a couple of trips do they check the card each time o/b and return? Thanks guys
I shall find out in around an hour as I shall be checked in by then and will let you know what the process is. I have a second trip and I hope to clear both of them today. I paid with an Amex direct I believe that if you booked with a OTA the check will not be required.
John
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:13 am

My update at AUH You cannot check in until 7:45pm at the earliest and they just look at your credit card and they will not check for multiple trips. I hope that helps
John
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
My update at AUH You cannot check in until 7:45pm at the earliest and they just look at your credit card and they will not check for multiple trips. I hope that helps
John
thank you
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
John
Last year I have been able to check as early as 19:15, and 19:30 as the latest, for all my 5 trips. Or they changed policy or depends from the agent you find at the desk. I was indeed a bit "disappointed" this time when they said 19:45... but it wasn't a big deal.

Also, this was the first time in 6 trips I was asked for the CC. However UL sent me an email yesterday to notify they would do it, so it wasn't unexpected

By the way, I luckily got a 18:00 late checkout from the Premier Inn. I asked for a paid one, got quoted 150 AED more or less, but in the end the kind front desk agent gave me one for free. It maybe helped I checked in at 1:30 am...

See you on the plane I guess
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
Last year I have been able to check as early as 19:15, and 19:30 as the latest, for all my 5 trips. Or they changed policy or depends from the agent you find at the desk. I was indeed a bit "disappointed" this time when they said 19:45... but it wasn't a big deal.

Also, this was the first time in 6 trips I was asked for the CC. However UL sent me an email yesterday to notify they would do it, so it wasn't unexpected

By the way, I luckily got a 18:00 late checkout from the Premier Inn. I asked for a paid one, got quoted 150 AED more or less, but in the end the kind front desk agent gave me one for free. It maybe helped I checked in at 1:30 am...

See you on the plane I guess
yes see you on the plane Lefly the PI only offered 4pm but time passed quickly reading and bbc iPlayer
John
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
AWAIT...for an offer on Valentines Day.

M
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
AWAIT...for an offer on Valentines Day.

M
Good luck! OTOH, 2020 being a leap year, there's another chance on Feb 29
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:50 am

It was great to meet fellow FTers over the weekend and special thanks to Lefly’s guidance
John
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It has been a pleasure
Less funny was to find out at AUH that the BA service back to LHR was delayed 4 hrs late due to late inbound arrival...

Regarding the run... CMB requires to fill a form regarding the Novel coronavirus even for transit people, and in Jakarta you have to fill another one on the same subject.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.