Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by AnttiV
Jumped on this a while back and ended up creating a bit of a monster TP run over a months time combining some time back home in Thailand and a ski trip to Niseko. Full routing ended up being HEL-LHR-DXB / DXB-CMB-CGK / CGK-HKG-TPE / TPE-HKG-BKK / BKK-HKG-TPE / TPE-HKG-CGK-HKG-CTS / CTS-HKG-CGK-HKG-TPE / TPE-HKG-CNX / CNX-HKG-TPE / TPE-HKG-CGK / CGK-HKG-DXB / DXB-LHR-HEL where HEL-DXB postitioning flights and TPE-BKK flights were redemptions earning total 1860TP at a bit over 2€/TP all in.

Added the UL flights to the wiki.
You are legend
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
One day Sale on 16th January.

40% off as usual.

M
Thank you for posting this. I noticed the sale fares are only "available from January 17-31". Is this normal that UL's sale is only for the upcoming 2 weeks? I was hoping to book some tickets for July, the sooner the better but willing to wait for a sale if people think one might come.
Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Thank you for posting this. I noticed the sale fares are only "available from January 17-31". Is this normal that UL's sale is only for the upcoming 2 weeks? I was hoping to book some tickets for July, the sooner the better but willing to wait for a sale if people think one might come.
Thanks!
It can vary a lot... some sales are short, other are longer, not only for booking period but for travel as well.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Have flown UL before and liked it.

I've never done the transfer from DXB to AUH (which I'd need to do), how is it ? And what is the best way to sensibly do it ? Any taxi firms I should go for in particular ? - actually there will be other threads for that
Not sure if it’s been covered yet in this thread, but there is a bus between AUH airport and the IBN Battuta mall in Dubai, which is on the metro. Useful if you don’t want to go into Abu Dhabi centre.

It leaves the airport at xx:05 and takes about 1.5 hours, then it’s another hour on the metro.

However I went with the throw money at it option.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
In the middle of my trip, at the Aloft Jakarta (very pleasant, new and clean, but *exceptionally* loud mosque right outside, which would make me think twice about staying here again)

Was very impressed with the DXB lounge. Very good for a contract lounge - cocktail bar and good hot food. And the best hummus I’ve ever tasted.

Spent a few days in Sri Lanka, then stayed at the Ramada before my early flight to Jakarta. Awful place. Crappy, tired, smelly and not near enough to the airport to make it worth suffering. Go somewhere else instead. Uber and tuk tuk are plentiful.

There is (theoretically) priority access to the gate at CMB for business class pax, but I didn’t see many people using it. You have to walk to the front of the queue for gate security and barge in.

If you’re coming to CMB by taxi, tell the driver you’re in business class and you’ll be taken to the ‘Silk Route’ area - separate check in.

Change your rupees before you leave Sri Lanka. Worse rates abroad as it’sa closed currency. Probably easiest to change into USD, as they only give you notes and $1 bills will help you get close to your exact rupee amount. Change is given back in rupees. 500 rupee commission.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mad_rich
Not sure if it’s been covered yet in this thread, but there is a bus between AUH airport and the IBN Battuta mall in Dubai, which is on the metro. Useful if you don’t want to go into Abu Dhabi centre.

It leaves the airport at xx:05 and takes about 1.5 hours, then it’s another hour on the metro.

However I went with the throw money at it option.
If you're just airport-hopping, Metro Red between DXB and Ibn Battuta and then bus E102 to AUH is what you're looking for as suggested above.

If you're taking a day to get your head down in AUH there's also the E100 between Al Ghubaiba Bus Station, opposite the (Green) Metro station, and Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station (near the Al Wadha Mall), or the E101 from Ibn Battuta to the Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station.

25 AED on your NoL Card and about 2.5 hours end-to-end, either way.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Looks like there is another offer coming up. EMail just received, but no details of the offer or when it will appear. As the graphic says, await!

Special offer coming up on Srilankan.com

Last edited by superscot; Jan 31, 2020 at 10:47 am Reason: Missed content out
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by superscot
Looks like there is another offer coming up. EMail just received, but no details of the offer or when it will appear. As the graphic says, await!

Special offer coming up on Srilankan.com

UL sends a lot of these mails, many of which only relates to economy travel, most often with CMB departures only. But have patience, there's a history of the rates relevant for this thread appearing at the favourable prices we have come to expect, sometimes sooner than we expected
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by onobond
UL sends a lot of these mails, many of which only relates to economy travel, most often with CMB departures only. But have patience, there's a history of the rates relevant for this thread appearing at the favourable prices we have come to expect, sometimes sooner than we expected
Valentine's day is getting closer
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
seems to be back on and pretty wide open
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lefly
Valentine's day is getting closer
Oh yes, as the Lunar New Year passed by unnoticed by UL. Or do we have to wait for Nowruz?

Originally Posted by mfgr
seems to be back on and pretty wide open
Surprised to see your post, as I interpreted you as having seen the deal back again. Was on the phone, and trying to get the UL website, I only got the mobile version, with limited content. No deals visible besides upgrade bid offers and extra legroom in economy. As I'm presently in DXB, starting the first of two runs tonight, I thought there could be limitations due to this, as I have been into MMB and more. When back on the laptop, I can't find any offers there either. Have you got another mail from UL? I have nothing, even checked the spam folder. What have you seen, and where?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:26 am

Currently available on every single day all year, DXB €888, AUH €826, SV even cheaper at €809
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
Currently available on every single day all year, DXB €888, AUH €826, SV even cheaper at €809
That's pretty much the standard fare. Sale prices have been in the area of 2525 AED (around €620)
craigthemif and ZBigFam like this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superscot

That's pretty much the standard fare. Sale prices have been in the area of 2525 AED (around €620)

Sure thing. Did you actually compare your price quotes of €888/826 with what's been posted all the way from OP and forwards?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Except for Feb 29th, which is 165% of the - standard - price above!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.