Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by teledude

FYI BA paid up my price promise today making my AUH flights £308

..IF you are more organised than I am, and remember to apply the credits

Not being able to apply multiple credits to a single transaction is a bit of a bummer.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by Lefly
Oh, no, I meant B2B at AUH, never at CGK!
No. A Formula 1 race breaks up my visit very well.

My other turnarounds are also 24 hours so I am not pressed for time "Just in cases".
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC,GGL/CCR,GFL,AAEP,HH Diamond
Is it possible to do B2B in either place, I can't really find any definitive answers on the web?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Well I've jumped on the bandwagon to here's my flights for Feb 20.
05/02/20 LHR-AUH
07/02/20 AUH-CMB-CGK
09/02/20 CGK-CMB-AUH
10/02/20 AUH-CMB-CGK
14/02/20 CGK-CMB-AUH
19/02/20 AUH-CMB-AUH

the LHR-AUH are WT+
so I get a few days in CGK on my second trip also a few days in AUH after the second run to see family in the UAE.
Added to WIKI

John

Last edited by thejohn; Sep 2, 2019 at 2:07 am Reason: WIKI updated
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by teledude
Thanks for the credit

FYI BA paid up my price promise today making my AUH flights £308
Yup just got my £90 voucher as well so £308 for me too 😁
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
No. A Formula 1 race breaks up my visit very well.

My other turnarounds are also 24 hours so I am not pressed for time "Just in cases".
I will be at the F1 race as well but on a different trip
John
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think you over-egged that one . But it's still a good fare compared to others on the route.

And although it figured in the promotional nonsense, the stonkingly good UL fares FROM Jakarta haven't returned.

CGK LHR is £2100+ on SriLankan, but Oman offers a great fare of £1300-£1600
A school friend of mine works for UL fairly high up (nepotism), and gave me a sheet of pricing.

I'm hoping to talk to him tomorrow to find out why there are discrepancies on certain routes, but not others, from the pricing I saw.

M
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
excellent! I'm really pleased at last someone is showing interest in the possibilities this fare offers apart from harvesting Tier Points.

Abu Dhabi and Dubai are interesting places to experience - well, for a couple of days. And although Jakarta doesn't get a very good press​​​​​, it's a fascinating city, getting easier to explore as the transport infrastructure develops.

I spend a lot of time there, so i'm kind of biassed...

but CGK opens up an enormous nation of islands, cities, volcanoes, beaches, nine world heritage sites, and dragons.
So it's sort of sad to see in the wiki that someone is giving up significant amounts of cash and time to pass four times through CGK over a couple of weeks without seeing anything of all that. Fair enough though, each to his own.
When I flew that route last year, although I had visited Indonesia in the past, I hadn't been to Jakarta or Java. Staying one night in Jakarta, the hotel manager recommended I go to Bandung, so I took the train there, which is pretty slow, but it is scenic, and cheap, about £6. I tried to book a flight there on a turbo prop, but whoever it was had a booking system wouldn't work with foreign cards. Bandung was much more relaxed than Jakarta, but I almost got stuck there as the train was booked out for days because of a local long weekend, or something, I ended up flying back to CGK via Singapore, as it was cheaper than having to pay for a driver to get me back to the Capital, and visited some friends for the weekend in Singapore.

If I take that route again, I think I'll try and get to East Java which a friend has just built a holiday home, and said that area is well worth a visit.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
When I flew that route last year, although I had visited Indonesia in the past, I hadn't been to Jakarta or Java. Staying one night in Jakarta, the hotel manager recommended I go to Bandung, so I took the train there, which is pretty slow, but it is scenic, and cheap, about £6. I tried to book a flight there on a turbo prop, but whoever it was had a booking system wouldn't work with foreign cards. Bandung was much more relaxed than Jakarta, but I almost got stuck there as the train was booked out for days because of a local long weekend, or something, I ended up flying back to CGK via Singapore, as it was cheaper than having to pay for a driver to get me back to the Capital, and visited some friends for the weekend in Singapore.

If I take that route again, I think I'll try and get to East Java which a friend has just built a holiday home, and said that area is well worth a visit.
Agree with you on the merits of Bandung. I've taken the train ride twice, once in a tropical thunderstorm, but fantastic both times. It's no surprise the rulers of Indonesia are planning to move the Capital fro Jakarta to Borneo, but it would surprise meif anything beneficial were to be seen as per the chaotic Jakarta traffic.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle

BANDUNG is a delight - and a firm weekend escape from Jakarta (so never try going there by road at the weekend). Most flights have been/are being switched from the downtown Husein Satranegara to the newly opened Kertajati airport, some 2+ hours from the city.

But if you are looking for just a day out from Jakarta try Bogor: famous for rain, a presidential palace and superb botanic gardens.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:20 pm

One way cgk-dxb

anyone able to get this under $2000? Earlier post on first page seems to suggest you could at least then.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by travellingdoc1121
anyone able to get this under $2000? Earlier post on first page seems to suggest you could at least then.
seems the current Biz Promo fares (1-3 Sept) have gone . I booked 2x returns in March AUH-CGK earlier at £557 each- now showing £742 each ( AED3284)
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:44 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've just priced up November for £552 return, so the fare is still active.

M
Lefly likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Telecasterman

seems the current Biz Promo fares (1-3 Sept) have gone . I booked 2x returns in March AUH-CGK earlier at £557 each- now showing £742 each ( AED3284)
Where are you searching? On the UL website all days in March seems to be available for the promo price AED 2465.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Deleted. Onobond already posted about March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.