Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I'm a little "disappointed" by the prices, for something inflexible I had expected a lower amount, especially comparing what I paid early this year for a changeable ticket.
But maybe now there is a lot more traffic AUH to CGK in J than last year...

Still, the TP/Cash ratio is good enough to book a couple of runs. I don't know with an inflexible ticket if I would go for a B2B...
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by Lefly
I'm a little "disappointed" by the prices, for something inflexible I had expected a lower amount, especially comparing what I paid early this year for a changeable ticket.
But maybe now there is a lot more traffic AUH to CGK in J than last year...

Still, the TP/Cash ratio is good enough to book a couple of runs. I don't know with an inflexible ticket if I would go for a B2B...
I am not risking it. 24hrs to enjoy the sights of CGK will do nicely.
Scallywag72 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:46 am

Definitely abit underwhelming.

Booked 2 X DBX - CGK in June 2020. Rather pay abit more flat bed on one leg at least.
My Curve card seems to have applied a weekend exchange rate, i.e 1.5% over, taking the cost to £619. Still not bad I guess

Wonder if I had waited a few months, there would be better prices but oh well. Now it gets even more annoying that I cant get the best BA PE fares to AUH, they run as far as May, so probably just wait for that on new years sale perhaps.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
I am not risking it. 24hrs to enjoy the sights of CGK will do nicely.
Oh, no, I meant B2B at AUH, never at CGK!
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:37 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Scallywag72
Just booked DXB-CGK 2x for March 2020. March 13-15/16-18. Not risking any back-to-backs. Not a ridiculously low price but for a shade above £590 per set of flights, not extortionate. Definitely no sign of anything in the £400s as we had expected at all. Doing AUH-CGK x2 November 2019 as well.
I'd been told by a friend within UL, that the fare would be circa 2,219 AED, but it seems to have been filled at a slightly higher price.

At the risk of alienating all other programs, paying circa £1 per TP for BAEC is excellent value, and the fact it can be done midweek (with no Saturday night stay) makes it very appealing.

M
Lefly and Scallywag72 like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by wanderupfront
Ohh this is very exciting! I'm looking to do my very first ever tier run.. around May/June...

Has anyone ever tried to book this with an MH fare from Jakarta too keep things more interesting?
There is a MH flight to KUL, departing 2h10min after UL's arrival to CGK. It's possible to do OLCI with MH 48h before departure, so it works fine, provided you make a printout of the BP, either before you start the UL departure from AUH/DXB, or ask the lounge agent at CMB to help. Mobile BPs are not good enough for many officials here.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Just booked my flights for this fare. I'm actually planning on seeing Indonesia and Abu Dhabi (having been to neither before) so I have more time in both cities than some of of you have! There's amazing W fares to AUH on BA (starting at INV and ending at LHR for 325(!) with Best Price Guarantee!) - with upgrades to J using Avios quite open!

If someone could add these to the wiki that would be much appreciated
04/05 INV-LHR
04/05 LHR-AUH
05/05 AUH-CMB
06/05 CMB-CGK
12/05 CGK-CMB
12/05 CMB-AUH
14/05 AUH-LHR
Scallywag72 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum
Apperently now their booking engine is down...
Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tilal6991
Just booked my flights for this fare. I'm actually planning on seeing Indonesia and Abu Dhabi (having been to neither before) so I have more time in both cities than some of of you have! There's amazing W fares to AUH on BA (starting at INV and ending at LHR for 325(!) with Best Price Guarantee!) - with upgrades to J using Avios quite open!

04/05 INV-LHR
04/05 LHR-AUH
05/05 AUH-CMB
06/05 CMB-CGK
12/05 CGK-CMB
12/05 CMB-AUH
14/05 AUH-LHR
excellent! I'm really pleased at last someone is showing interest in the possibilities this fare offers apart from harvesting Tier Points.

Abu Dhabi and Dubai are interesting places to experience - well, for a couple of days. And although Jakarta doesn't get a very good press​​​​​, it's a fascinating city, getting easier to explore as the transport infrastructure develops.

I spend a lot of time there, so i'm kind of biassed...

but CGK opens up an enormous nation of islands, cities, volcanoes, beaches, nine world heritage sites, and dragons.
So it's sort of sad to see in the wiki that someone is giving up significant amounts of cash and time to pass four times through CGK over a couple of weeks without seeing anything of all that. Fair enough though, each to his own.
jonapet89 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
There's amazing W fares to AUH on BA (starting at INV and ending at LHR for 325(!) with Best Price Guarantee!) - with upgrades to J using Avios quite open!
You mean INV-LHR-AUH-LHR? Not seeing it.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by HUGE AL
You mean INV-LHR-AUH-LHR? Not seeing it.
INV-LHR-AUH-LHR should come up around £400 in February next year.

M
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
INV-LHR-AUH-LHR should come up around £400 in February next year.

M
Yup! Plus when you look on Skyscanner, you see prices around £360 so when you double difference, comes to around £315-320 😁 (see the screenshot below for details - tip found on TLFL btw to give credit)

Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond

04/05 INV-LHR
04/05 LHR-AUH
05/05 AUH-CMB
06/05 CMB-CGK
12/05 CGK-CMB
12/05 CMB-AUH
14/05 AUH-LHR
Added for you!
tilal6991 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Yup! Plus when you look on Skyscanner, you see prices around £360 so when you double difference, comes to around £315-320 😁 (see the screenshot below for details - tip found on TLFL btw to give credit)

Thanks for the credit

FYI BA paid up my price promise today making my AUH flights £308
Scallywag72 and tilal6991 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
With fares currently at £700, I'd expect a 25-30% off Sale, reducing them to £475ish which is what we've seen before.

M
I think you over-egged that one . But it's still a good fare compared to others on the route.

And although it figured in the promotional nonsense, the stonkingly good UL fares FROM Jakarta haven't returned.

CGK LHR is £2100+ on SriLankan, but Oman offers a great fare of £1300-£1600

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.