Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:18 am

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
Shhhhhh

If you happen to be a Radisson/Carlson GoldPointsPlus Elite member with at least 20k in your GP account, click here for details on how to turn 20,000 GP into 28,125 NW miles via Perkology.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 4:28 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
signed up for a 0$ Motorola Razr V3 for my wife today (7500 WP miles) and discovered later that perkology gives 2500 on top. Sweet.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:04 pm

Programs: CO P, DL D, Hilton D, SPG P, Marriott P, HYATT P
I just got 4000 miles after my 3 stays in hilton and 1 stay in holiday inn.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 1:05 pm

When do the 25K bonus miles for Perkology Post

When do the 25K bonus miles for Perkology -- (US Bank Business Credit Card) Post?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:37 pm

Programs: OnePass GOLD
It only takes a few days after your first purchase.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:51 pm
RKG

I used the new Visa Business card for the first time on Tuesday and the initial 20,000 miles posted today. Two days is pretty quick.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by RoRan
When do the 25K bonus miles for Perkology -- (US Bank Business Credit Card) Post?
Isn't it a 20k bonus, and then 5k more when you hit a certain dollar amount of purchases?
Old Mar 25, 2007, 7:47 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
is there a fee...
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: NWA Gold
wow, thats fast
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: NWA Gold
will there be a better CC signup opportunity.... lateR?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ziqch
I am a little confused by the wording of T&C, i already have WP visa platinum, now if i get a visa signature, will that count as a new account to get bonus or not? its says somewhere in terms that it can, but not clear, any ideas?
thanks
there are a lot of wording issues here that make no sense. I am thoroughly confused by what the first section even means when it talks about the "up to 25k miles" and the types of cards.

I was thinking of converting my sig visa to a platinum one and when I called last month asking about the process, I was told doing this is about the only time one can get another bonus from a card sign up. In otherwords, like Chase, WP is savvy to stopping churning, but if you get a dif card, you could still get a sign up bonus.

Ok fine, that's what I would be doing, but in trying to read thru perkology, it appears that only new card people would quailify.

As well, the 5k part of the promo states one needs to stick with the same visa in order to get the 5k. I have already spent like $1500 since signing up on Mar 13 so I would best stick with my sig card and not switch til later. I think.

so confusing!

anyone like me out there also wondering WHY so many of these hastily put together botchy promos always have so many holes and problems in them? Hmmm, makes me wanna look for a loophole or two to exploit so all the do gooders get on my case here!

MM
Old Mar 26, 2007, 3:29 pm

[QUOTE=Marathon Man;7471633]there are a lot of wording issues here that make no sense. I am thoroughly confused by what the first section even means when it talks about the "up to 25k miles" and the types of cards.

I was thinking of converting my sig visa to a platinum one and when I called last month asking about the process, I was told doing this is about the only time one can get another bonus from a card sign up. In otherwords, like Chase, WP is savvy to stopping churning, but if you get a dif card, you could still get a sign up bonus.

are you sure about this? i hate to cal us bank and ask as their answer would obviously be NO. i currently have plat and wont mind switching if i get 25 k bonus.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=ziqch;7473476]
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
there are a lot of wording issues here that make no sense. I am thoroughly confused by what the first section even means when it talks about the "up to 25k miles" and the types of cards.

are you sure about this? i hate to cal us bank and ask as their answer would obviously be NO. i currently have plat and wont mind switching if i get 25 k bonus.
firstly, forgive me--I have the platinum card and was thinking of going up to the signature (I always mix them up, as the word platinum used to refer to higher but does not anymore I guess in life)

Anyway, I just called WP visa (US Bank CS - 800-692-8472) and the lady did not know the asnwer (although I had spoken to someone there once who did) so she told me to speak with the actual application people for the card.

She then gave me the number specific to the signature card (the higher one, which I would want to do) and it is this:

800-861-1137.

the lady there said yes, indeed, if you are applying for a sig card and never had it before, then you would get the bonus. 15,000 miles for the signature card, in fact.

I asked if it would work in reverse. She repeated, yes, as long as you never had the platinum card before you would get that bonus as well. I forgot to ask her what the bonus is but let's assume it's only 10k.

Then I asked if this was written anyplace and she did not know.

I would imagine that doing these would trigger the promo, although in its wording talks about a NEW card.

Now this initially worried me, but then I started thinking...

US Bank is such that in order to upgrade to a higher level, they make you effectively cancel out your old card and set you up with the new one. Account charges would transfer over (ie, if you have a bal, you now probably see it on the new card statement as if it happened there--so I think) but the card and its numbers are completely new and different. Therefore, in affect, it IS new. I mean, it is anyway seeing as how you ordered it and never had one of them before.

The wording in the promo, albiet confusing at first, merely seems to beef up their initial sign on bonus, and add in that extra 5k if you use it and pay the fee before the promo date terminates at the end of May. I do need to clarify all this but essentially, if I just chnage to a new sig card and use it, I guess I get the big miles! I will wait though, because in my earlier post I think I mentioned I had already spent like $1500 on my current card and I read that if one wants that other 5k bonus they are offering, one needs to do it using ONE card. I will spend $3500 more and THEN switch.

Hope this helped!

Totally doable from now.

MM
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I posted above, I'm banging away on this promo with the hotels deal -- 1000 miles/hotel transfer.

It turns out that, so far, anyhow, Choice posts their miles twice - once for the base and once for the bonus. NW is giving me a bonus on each, so I'm getting 2750 miles per stay. We'll see how long that lasts.

But anyhow, the wording on the NW T&C says:

A maximum of 50,000 Bonus Miles per WorldPerks account will be awarded for this promotion. A maximum of 25,000 Bonus Miles per WorldPerks account will be awarded for existing WorldPerks Visa Cardmembers, unless the WorldPerks member applies, is approved, and uses or pays the annual fee for a WorldPerks Visa Signature, Platinum, or Business Card that is a different product than what they currently have.

I already have a WorldPerks Visa (which I got for the bonus). Is this telling me (as it seems to) that I'll top out at 25,000 miles, just because I have a particular credit card?

If so, that sucks.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

found out today that if you had a wp visa already, you could NOT get the perkology bonus for switching from plat to sig or vs.

you can get miles from nwa for switching, but not perkology ones. oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.