Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2007, 6:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Diamond, American Platinum, Air Canada 25K
Got mine the 24th of May for my business card
Old Jun 30, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
Originally Posted by cullen24
Got mine the 24th of May for my business card
Really? You're the first person I've seen report anywhere that the 5,000 miles for 5K spending has posted to their account. Maybe the business cards are on a different schedule than the regular ones?
Old Jun 30, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Diamond, American Platinum, Air Canada 25K
Originally Posted by lotalota
Really? You're the first person I've seen report anywhere that the 5,000 miles for 5K spending has posted to their account. Maybe the business cards are on a different schedule than the regular ones?
I got the business card around March and then added the personal card. My WP account record says "Perkology Bonus - New WorldPerks Visa Card" and 5K of mileage is listed there. I moved all my business spending from AMEX to the NW Visa, so the charges added up fast since I spend the most during Apr-June
Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by cullen24
My WP account record says "Perkology Bonus - New WorldPerks Visa Card" and 5K of mileage is listed there.
It looks to me like that is a different bonus under the Perkology program. So if that is the case, it still seems the case that no one has had the 5000 miles for 5K spend post under this promotion and further, no one has gotten the 500 miles per >$50 spend either.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:34 am
RKG

Originally Posted by lotalota
It looks to me like that is a different bonus under the Perkology program. So if that is the case, it still seems the case that no one has had the 5000 miles for 5K spend post under this promotion and further, no one has gotten the 500 miles per >$50 spend either.
I tend to agree. I opened a new business visa and received the 20,000 + 5000 miles promptly. I am still waiting for the 5000 miles for the $5k spend to show.

-RKG
Old Jul 6, 2007, 7:21 pm

Programs: Air France, Northwest, American
I made several purchases from WPMall in May but still haven't received the 1000 Perkology miles yet. Anybody else get them yet?
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: NW PE, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Has anyone contacted TTU?

Sounds like nobody has gotten the 5000 Perkology bonus miles for spending over $5K on an existing WP credit card, and also the Perkology bonus miles for making a purchase over $50 at the WP Mall... has anyone emailed TTU yet? Or is it better to call?
Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by ct203flyer
has anyone emailed TTU yet? Or is it better to call?
I'm going to TTU 16 weeks after my last spend within the promotion, which is the 27th of September. Per Scoopy's comment in the participation sticky, I think this is reasonable on my part. (Although it is maddening that in the 21st Century it could actually take that long)
Old Jul 7, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 2P, WN, NW
Originally Posted by JMezmur
I made several purchases from WPMall in May but still haven't received the 1000 Perkology miles yet. Anybody else get them yet?
I had to email them about a mall purchases for the 2006 WorldPerks Visa Mall Bonus(5000 miles). First the purchase miles posted, then 1000 Mile Safari bonus it triggered. Then I emailed again and finally got the 5000. But nothing on the 5000 Perkology we are all waiting on. I did once see it post, then disappear the same day a month or more ago.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:31 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
Zilch

I made some WP Mall purchases it's a bit messy. All purchases with one exception posted (that one initially posted then disappeared - I'm not even going to pursue it... after this promo I'm done with this stupid mall). As of now no Perkology bonuses have posted. I'll wait until 8 weeks from my last purchase before writing TTU, as I'm pretty confident they'll eventually show up.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by florin
I made some WP Mall purchases it's a bit messy. All purchases with one exception posted (that one initially posted then disappeared - I'm not even going to pursue it... after this promo I'm done with this stupid mall). As of now no Perkology bonuses have posted. I'll wait until 8 weeks from my last purchase before writing TTU, as I'm pretty confident they'll eventually show up.
I respect the theory that one should pick one's battles, but when it comes to fighting airlines for missing miles, I think it's all our civic duties as FTers to always pursue these matters to the fullest no matter if it's about 8 miles or 8,000!

I think you ought to at least write in about those now gone mall miles and if you have a printout or any records on the transaction and the administration that goes with it, please do submit this to the airline and spend the 41cents in stampage to make your problem known.

Sure, maybe it just makes the carrot dangle longer on something you'd rather be done with, but in my opinion, any time we let one of their errors go by unchecked, it gives them more chances to make future errors that could affect more people and a lot more miles!

They have recently implemented a new mall structure, some new small promos and some changes in the amounts of miles you get for mall purchases. Not all of this is good but some of our complaints or concerns have been addressed.

I still don't like it that miles from promos like perkology can be made to wait even longer to post just because of the promo. You need to wait 6-8 weeks for a store to post and then also wait 6-8 weeks for the miles to come in after the promo ends. I am still waiting on Staples miles and all the perkology boni that come with them, and staples used to post within a week in the old format!

But at least they now disclose these rules a bit more clearly. Even if it is not as good, it's somewhat more clear now. the problem is, however, that Perkology stupidly fell on the cusp of the new NWA mall roll out.

BAD planning, I think!

I would also floor your specific issue to that threat on NWA's presence in FT and ask NW Scoop directly what he/she thinks about it. NW Scoop is at the very least, willing to try to help and can answer rather quickly to such things.

I have all my papers in order to fax or send by mail to NW if my many staples purchases and respective bonuses fail to post by late summer. It's a shame we must wait this long and keep all this junk, and even worse that they couldnt even handle it if I tried to attach everything as a PDF and email it in. 2007? Nah... these airline marketing departments are back in the late 80s still. (I wonder if the girls who work there have big hair?)

In the end, I would still complain about your missing miles that they took back for whatever reason they mistakenly thought they should.

Be done after that, and let that be known as the reason why you are done. But in your letter, be sure to emphasize that you WOULD LIKE to stay as a customer if they could fix all this for you. Sadly, big companies STILL dont get it and so they do not respond kindly to those who say things like, "I'll never do business here again." the attitude these days is, "Fine, we will get a new sucker to replace you and they will not know of your level of understanding our mistake ridden environment, so we win again!"

Help stop that.
Just my 2 cents though.
MM
Old Jul 9, 2007, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

8:45am EST, tuesday.
Same number, still not able to get thru. Automated guy says BYE BYE!
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

more

8:49am, used 800-225-2525, got same set of prompts with same options. This time got thru.

Am on hold now as I type.

Anyway, here's another mile posting issue I have asked about in here before and still needs to be addressed by NWA and WP:

07JUN2007 Dining For Miles 8

These miles posted in my account in July. OK, I bought a little sandwhich to go and that's fine, and even the dining posting timing is about right. (There's no promo associated with this so it posted without delays.

BUT what happens is that they post them by sticking the item line in instead of putting it in for the day it posted.

The transaction was in June but it did not post in June. All other airlines will post what happened when it posted, not when it happened. I know when it happened. What NWA does is insert it and that can get really confusing and misleading. Things appearing in there like that would ruin any accountant's records if done in some financial setting, so why does NWA do it this way?...

Let me explain it another way...

Here, for example, is what the top set of line items on my account would have looked like just last week (I save a little printout of my account activity every week to PDF, which you can extract text from easily):

19JUN2007 WorldPerks Visa Miles 2,332
13JUN2007 WorldPerks Visa Miles 471
25MAY2007 FTD.COM Mileage Credit 1,625

...and now, this week it looks like this:

06JUL2007 eMiles Mileage Redemption 500
19JUN2007 WorldPerks Visa Miles 2,332
13JUN2007 WorldPerks Visa Miles 471
07JUN2007 Dining For Miles 8
25MAY2007 FTD.COM Mileage Credit 1,625

~~~~~~~~

BTW, in my call to CS now, I got thru soon after I said "AGENT" and the guy did not tell me bye bye. ^ And then, the very nice WP lady listened to my discription of what may be missing in my account, did tell me that things ordered from stores that have not posted 60 days out can be put into research. I told her about several purchases I made thru stores at the WP mall during the perk promo and she never heard anything about rules that would make our miles get delayed just because they happened with a promo.

I have just given her the info on what I ordered, date of order, card type and final change sans shipping. I had 3 orders from Staples on May 1,2 & 3 so these are old enough. She took this info and said they are now going to be researched. The promo miles will be another thing all together.

~~~~~~~

I then asked her to help me with one more thing:

A new WP mall roll out promo...
On June 19, I registered for one that states if you spend $200 before Aug 31, you get 1,000 bonus miles. I know I would shop a lot, so that'd be nice. This one's title at NWA is: "Earn Miles at the New WorldPerks Mall" but the CS lady just told me it is actually called "World Perk mall Relaunch." Then she just told me that according to the info she has on this, this promo is only valid for people who have not shopped the mall for the past 3 years. So I cannot even participate in it and yet it said thanks for registering and I printed the page for my records! HUH??

Then, a week later, on June 26, I got what appeared to be a targeted promo about roughly the same subject, and it did NOT state that I had to spend $200 to get that 1,000 mile bonus. This one was entitled "Shop the new World Perks Mall" and she just told me it's actually called "The June 2007 partner pack."

It lists more restrictions on what you can buy and where, but the timeframe is similar. Do a transaction that qualifies before Aug 15...

I had actually tried to register my wife for this one when it came out but the thing came back saying she was not a valid number for this promo. OK, fine, but maybe that means she can do the other one, as she hasnt shopped at the WP mall at all. (In either case, does she need to use the WP visa or not? Wasnt its exclusive use a necessary part of the perkology promo or am I thinking of a different promo?)

All I can say is:

CONFUSED!!!!!!!

but maybe that's stemming from something that SHOULD be better designed...
MM
Old Jul 14, 2007, 6:20 am

Perkology Bonus for spending 5K on WP Visa

Well, it's been six weeks now since May 31 when the promotion ended. Still no bonus miles for spending over 5K on my existing WP Visa. Anyone else?
Old Jul 14, 2007, 7:07 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by MotorCityMike
Well, it's been six weeks now since May 31 when the promotion ended. Still no bonus miles for spending over 5K on my existing WP Visa. Anyone else?
Nope; Thursday marked 8 weeks since my qualifying activity posted, so I sent a TTU. The first response informed me that my 5K miles had already posted. I then had to explain to them that those were the 5K additional bonus miles for opening a new account, and that I was missing the 5K for spending $5K (which I had very clearly explained in my original message). The response this morning was I needed to wait until 8 weeks after May 31, so that's 7/26.

The big issue here, more than the 5K missing miles, is why with virtually every TTU I send (and I don't send many) do the agents NEVER read the question (I am VERY detailed in my writing), but rather try to guess why I'm writing after reading the first line and respond with a canned response that in no way addresses the issue I wrote about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.