Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Same here. My email Monday night & TTU Thursday have been ignored.
Old May 5, 2007, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by kahuna613
any chance of them being withdrawn now that they are already spent? what would happen in that case?
probably nothing, i have had negative balances before after having miles changed or withdrawn and never been contacted by wp.
Old May 6, 2007, 10:37 am
RKG

No answer to my TTU, but my 5000 miles for the NW Visa Business card have been reposted.
Old May 9, 2007, 8:50 pm

NW finally responded to my TTU. While I'm glad the miles are back it irks me when IT backdates the posting of miles. The TTU response treats me like a dolt who can't read his statement right.
Old May 14, 2007, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ziqch
I am a little confused by the wording of T&C, i already have WP visa platinum, now if i get a visa signature, will that count as a new account to get bonus or not? its says somewhere in terms that it can, but not clear, any ideas?
thanks
Well I called again and asked. Turns out it's like this:

I have a plat. visa. To get any sign up bonus on a new WP visa, it has to be a NEW One, not just a conversion. So I'd have to apply for the Sig visa (or business one) and have 2 cards now in order to qualify for the bonus miles. I suppose then you could also get the perkology ones too for THAT new card, seeing as how you applied for it and got it and used it as per this promo within the time frame (we are cutting it close now though).

Then, I asked the person I was talking to at WP Visa this question:

So, if you really want to get more miles, you could just sign up for and get approved for all your visas, get the bonuses, and then cancel the ones you already had, like my existing Platinum card?

She said YUP, that's correct sir!

And so I shall do it.
I currently have a high balance on my card and to be perfectly safe, I thought I'd pay it off right now and THEN apply for a new CC from them, but this may not matter. I pay it all off by end of month anyway and I have good credit with no other real Cc bills or anything to worry about. Getting another WP visa should be doable for me.

the sig visa looks good to me now because it has no pre set spending limit and in my mind, even though you are paying $90 per year to have this card as opposed to the $65/year (I think that's it) you pay for platinum card, if you get one right now, you get this extra perkology bonus so it's like paying only a bit more but you get 5k more miles for this on top of the sign up deal! So for $25 you get 5k miles... not bad even if you double this because you may hold onto the card for 2 years.

Finally, here's a kicker that may make some of you "perk up" and you may or may not have seen something about it elsewhere:

I got this thing in the mail that does NOT look targeted...

refer a friend to sign up for a WP visa and you get 5,000 miles!
(the person who signs up just needs to have your NWA FF number when they apply and they get their normal bonus but you get the referal bonus!)

Anyone here wanna refer ME? You will earn 5k!
AND, in return, anyone here want ME to refer THEM? I will earn 5k!

I'd like to accomplish both and start a little conga line...
I will most likely call WP to sign up for my new Sig visa within the next 2 days by calling them at: 1-800-369-4086 x39341, and would love to give them YOUR FF number so you get 5k miles, and I would love to give someone here MY NWA FF number so I get 5k more. PMs welcome then...

Gimme two willing people on both ends of this and let's get it on!

worldperksvisa.com/raf/april07

It MAY work, and it is worth a shot.
MM
Old May 17, 2007, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hw711
Do you guys think being registered in this promotion effects the time it takes to post the regular miles too? I make purchase from Staples via WP Mall like once a month. Usually it takes less than a week for my miles to get posted. But since I signed up for Perkology, I haven't gotten my miles for the last two purchase I made (weeks ago). Not sure if they are actually related, I just wondering if anyone experienced the same thing.

Woo, all the sudden, I got miles for 4 staples purchases I made in the last 3 months.
Old May 18, 2007, 5:05 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Perkology Double-Dip

I registered for Perokology at NWA USA site not long after it was launched as the NWA Japan site did not start the promotion until weeks after. When it was availabe, I then registerd in NWA Japan site as well.

I realized now that both promotions are seperate entity as 2 bonus 1000 miles, from each of the promotion, posted for 1 hotel stay on top of the normal qualifying mile, in other word, DOUBLE-DIP.

Anybody knows what other activities could trigger both promotions?
Old May 18, 2007, 6:06 am

another loophole slamming shut in 5...4...3... ?

Old May 18, 2007, 9:04 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
I wouldn't get too excited about it. From my observations, they do occasionally run some programs that correct mileage award mistakes. I got some extra miles once; I gladly and quietly welcomed the mistake but they did eventually disappear.
Old May 18, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
I've had miles post for hotel stays, but not for WP Mall purchases that met the terms of the promotion. I would TTU, but I'm going to wait until the program is over and report everything that is missing at once. I made a bunch of WP Mall purchases that qualified so I hope I will actually get the miles.
Old May 23, 2007, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NW promos are good gigs but they seem to ALWAYS falter with my account. Maybe I'm on some sort of list with WP? Who knows.

Like with this promo, I have had troubles with other recent ones. Until I see my perkology promo miles post cleanly, I will expect to have them here too.

For example, I had to call in about botched/missing Valentine's Day promo mileage and did receive an email correspondence to try to rectify that. But it took several emails back and forth with DIFFERENT agents at WP who gave first names only (I hate that!) and eventually they did post my miles. They gave them to me in many small amounts that totalled to about 250 over what I was expecting, and while I had mentioned earlier on that they ought to give a few extra for the troubles (I was missing 14k and originally the CSR I called said I'd only get 2500, so I was upset) they just today gave me yet another 2500 for that promo!

Weird!

I imagine their systems are backlogged (I was actually told this by a WP CSR once BTW) and THIS is why I do not like total automation of things in life. Sure, it's a big database they need to work with, but my answer to that type of excuse is: (A) either dont let things get that big, (B) or spend the money or hire the people needed to handle something that big!

Anyway, this relates somewhat to the Perkology promo, which I hope comes out with better/cleaner results for all of us:

I am expecting to see miles post to my account for 3 more Staples purchases made thruthe NW mall with my WP Visa, AND the Perkology boni for each of those, plus another one, which has posted miles-wise, but not perk-wise.

I am also expecting perk promo bonus for today's FTD purchase made for over $50 before S&H, and lastly, I am expecting to receive the perk bonus for having spent well over $5,000 on my Visa since I registered for this gig in March. All told, that's 500x5 and 5,000, or 7500 miles from the perk promo if everything works out neatly.

I have detailed printouts of it all but man, what a freakin' pain it is to always have to manage that and then battle with them to send it in, etc and maybe even wait LONGER even when it's clearly their mistake! (and there's the reason to want something extra for one's troubles!)

So I ask all of ya: Can we like get some sort of card that says something on it like: "Hey [airline], I have been around this block several times before. DON'T MESS WITH ME because I keep all my records, you can believe me, and I will win. AND I hate waiting and I do business with you a lot so please stop making me mad. Plus, now you should give me more miles because you screw up my stuff so much!"

I am thinking of double posting this one to that NW participation thread OR to the NW bugs thread, but who knows if THEY have any time to get to it!

MM
Old May 23, 2007, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the good side, here's some of an email I got the other day. Anyone looking to make huge purchases to ramp up both your MALL and VISA spending parts of this promo should consider buying here:

To: ME
Subject: Hurry - Free Shipping on Most Orders at homedepot.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09

Free Shipping*
on Most Online Orders Over $49! Offer ends June 20th SHOP NOW

it goes on and the asterisk mentioned needing to spend over $50 on the most of the items this works on. I'd check HD's site and then buy big!

(hehehe you could always return it in the store, right?)

MM
Old May 23, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I imagine their systems are backlogged (I was actually told this by a WP CSR once BTW) and THIS is why I do not like total automation of things in life. Sure, it's a big database they need to work with, but my answer to that type of excuse is: (A) either dont let things get that big, (B) or spend the money or hire the people needed to handle something that big!
If this is indeed the problem (it may not be that- CSR's do lie sometimes), then if it is something persistent, I agree that it should be addressed. In all fairness, it may be a termporary. Otherwise that DB needs to be looked at and optimized. It does cost money tho.

On the other hand, bear in mind that the promo T&Cs do say that it may take 6-8 weeks (although it often takes longer), so they never said the miles would post right away.

My beef with this whole deal is, NW has been pushing WP Mall purchases more and more lately (just like all other airlines). I think an attempt to create revenue by other means (partners) is totally cool. But I feel that this is not set up properly. There are too many ways in which a customer can get screwed and I think it is their responsibility to close the loop holes.

(1) If there is an inconsistency with miles from a purchase, it is very, VERY difficult to get it sorted out. It takes several frustrating exchanges of emails with both NW and the store, annoying irrelevant answers... ... you end up spending so much time for so few miles that it's almost not worth it. I for one, simply gave up on my last mishap - I can do without those miles; decided instead that until they have a solid system set up, no more WP Mall purchases for me.

(2) Allow 6-8 weeks for purchase miles to post, then another 6-8 weeks for bonus miles to post. So it could be (and has been in my case once) 16 weeks for a few miles to post. What if I got a plane ticket and paid you after 4 months? How would you feel about that? (And even then I may or may not give you the right amount )

(3) The technical aspects could be faulty (as it has been pointed out before). Why not work with the stores to have the WP# somehow printed on the receipt or shown on the screen, to show that the link was properly done? Otherwise, there is really no way to know for sure... unless you wait 8 weeks and see that the miles haven't posted!

If you're going to set up something that generates revenue, do it right. As it is right now I think the WP mall is too complicated, risky and frustrating to motivate people to spend money there.
Old May 23, 2007, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yup, I agree! and the KEY to your post is the part where you said you may as well just NOT shop their mall anymore!

PLEASE DO Tell THAT to this guy:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=688257&page=6
Old May 23, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by CID
My 5,000 miles was removed today as well. I E-mailed them and was told:

"In error, we made a programming error and the 5000 miles for the
qualifying purchases will be credited after the offer has ended.

We value the patronage of our frequent flyers and sincerely want to
provide them with the finest travel incentive program in the airline
industry. As with any bonus program certain restrictions must apply."
So I shouldn't expect the 5K miles from my VISA purchases til after the promotion ends? I was wondering whether to complain about them--I spend over $5K/mo. on my Business VISA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.