Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Blank Sheet
Maybe NWA is waitng to give out a big post BK settlement to all it's FF. "To heck with the promo's these loyal customers deserve a lump sum."

I can dream.
I agree, a nice thank you for your loyalty during the BK promo would be really nice. Maybe they could add the designation "LF" to our accounts for "Loyal Flyer" kind of like Million Miller for those elites that stayed the same level or increased their status during the BK.
Old May 31, 2007, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dunno.

I picked up a nice 20 or 30K miles, just by sleeping in the right hotels.

Next time, I'll pressure them into structuring the promo to suit me. After all, it is all about me, isn't it?
Old May 31, 2007, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Actually I got more miles from Perkology than 80% of NWA promo's. The 1000 mile hotel bonus made some mattress running pretty good. I am hoping for a super promo for the summer!
Old May 31, 2007, 6:36 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Any speculations as to whether or not NW will even have a promo this summer? Loads seem high, not sure they'll be running one, and if they do, still might not be as awesome as some of the past ones.
Old May 31, 2007, 6:55 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
I sure wish NW would bring back Fly Free Faster for its summer promo. Now that was some serious mileage.
Old May 31, 2007, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Whatever they may do, I hope it happens by Sunday! I have over 30k miles in flights coming up!
Old May 31, 2007, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
Sign my name on the "Perkology Sucks!" petition. It totally didn't do it for me. If I learned one thing from Perkology, it's to stay away from WP Mall!
Old May 31, 2007, 1:30 pm

The mall is a bit sucky. I'm just finally starting to see Miles come in from when Perkology started. Let alone the bonus miles for it. The only miles that seem to post in a timely manor are WP Visa and E-Dine.
Old May 31, 2007, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by florin
Sign my name on the "Perkology Sucks!" petition. It totally didn't do it for me. If I learned one thing from Perkology, it's to stay away from WP Mall!
Me too. I ended up with a couple thousand miles for some one night stays in Hamptons where I chose to double dip. Other than that, I found that it was more valuable to me to continue to earn hotel points rather than airline miles for my stays.
Old May 31, 2007, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Yes, thank goodness that it's going to go from "weakest promo" to "no promo at all". I think we're all thankful for that because, really, if we can't have our cake and eat it too, then why have anything at all?
I don't understand the comment. Why the heck would I want cake if I cannot eat it?

OF COURSE I WANT MY CAKE AND TO EAT IT TOO.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 5:01 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
I sure wish NW would bring back Fly Free Faster for its summer promo. Now that was some serious mileage.
I second that !! , it was a great promo, i flew NWA more during it than I would've done otherwise. So what was good for me was good for the airline, and isnt that the definition on a good promo really ?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 5:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by lambrettaStarr
I don't understand the comment. Why the heck would I want cake if I cannot eat it?

Agreed; the whole point of promos is to get WP Members to participate in the offers of NW and partners, with the hopes that the increased revenue and chance of new loyal customers more than offsets the miles given out.

I'm having issues with the "entice" part of it... for me and many others it was not compelling. YMMV, some people, I'm sure, cleaned up. It certainly wasn't as much of a bonanza as some of the promos earlier this decade. Then again, with hindsight, maybe those were irresponsible from the airline's point of view.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by lambrettaStarr

The point is: something is nearly always better than nothing. Having a promo (the cake) and being able to reap huge miles from it (eating the cake) would be great, but it seems like you're saying, gee, since this promo didn't work for ME, good riddance. Nevermind the fact that many others have been able to do quite well on it without much effort at all.

So, I'd rather have some cake and perhaps not be able to eat it than to have no cake at all.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
So, I'd rather have some cake and perhaps not be able to eat it than to have no cake at all.

Huh? Man would that suck! "Here's some cake...don't touch it though." I'd rather not have the cake at all!
Old Jun 1, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I hope the bonus miles come soon. I can really use those miles like in 6 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.