Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
update (for anyone doing the same types of things in the promo)

With regards to Perkology so far, I did get miles for a mall purchase and have also spent well over $5k on my existing WP Visa already in conjunction with this promo. I am thinking it is now a matter of time of just waiting til the end of the promo comes and 6-8 weeks afterward to get any associated bonuses. (I personally will not be in the market for hotel stays during the promo but may do more on the NWA mall)

MM
Old Apr 18, 2007, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
With regards to Perkology so far, I did get miles for a mall purchase and have also spent well over $5k on my existing WP Visa already in conjunction with this promo. I am thinking it is now a matter of time of just waiting til the end of the promo comes and 6-8 weeks afterward to get any associated bonuses. (I personally will not be in the market for hotel stays during the promo but may do more on the NWA mall)

MM
For me, the hotel bonuses took 2 weeks to post. I haven't tried other parts of the promotion yet.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

in case it matters to anyone, my post #19 in this thread may be useful for all you NWA MALL shoppers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=679392&page=2
Old Apr 20, 2007, 7:34 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Do you guys think being registered in this promotion effects the time it takes to post the regular miles too? I make purchase from Staples via WP Mall like once a month. Usually it takes less than a week for my miles to get posted. But since I signed up for Perkology, I haven't gotten my miles for the last two purchase I made (weeks ago). Not sure if they are actually related, I just wondering if anyone experienced the same thing.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

neither the bonuses for perkology nor valentines day promos have posted for me yet but I have gotten miles for all the activities done in both. My staples purchase during perkology took only like a week to hit my NWA account and so i doubt things have been affected. I bet I was on the end of my tape though... I think they run batches in 30 blocks or something
Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
neither the bonuses for perkology nor valentines day promos have posted for me yet but I have gotten miles for all the activities done in both.
I takes a while for this kind of miles to post. My Valentine's Day promo miles have just posted, quite a while after the purchase miles had posted. I would just be patient.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:37 am

Question What about giftcertificates.com?

Do giftcertificates.com purchases qualify for perkology bonus miles? The T&C are fairly confusing.

On one hand, it says that bonus miles are awarded for WP Mall Retail partners. It does not say for some WP Mall Retail partners. It does provide an incomplete list of WP Mall retailers, but then again it only explicitly excludes Netflix, Gamefly and Guthy-Renker (in two different places). Going by this logic, I would assume that giftcertificates.com purchases do qualify for this promotion.

Bonus Miles will not be awarded for purchase of gift certificates at WorldPerks Mall merchants unless specifically stated at the merchant offer page on the WorldPerks Mall.
Purchases from Netflix, Gamefly and Guthy-Renker do not qualify for this promotion.

The point above about miles not being awarded for gift certificates is also a bit misleading. Most stores do not award miles for giftcertificates (with small exceptions - e.g. Banana Republic). So does point reenforce this idea, or does it mean to exclude giftcertificates.com?

Another point - the list of WP retailers does not include giftcertificates.com, but when this promotion came out this retailer was not available. (Apparently there were some technical issues that have since been taken care of.) It does say "Additional WorldPerks merchants may be added during the promotional period." It says nothing about this list being updated though. Giftcertificates.com has become available as a WP merchant lately.

The Perkology T&C also post a link to the WP mall. Why would they provide the link unless ALL merchants (except the ones explicitly excluded) would qualify?

I am very confused about this. Any ideas?
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:17 pm

When Do Perkology Miles Post for WP Mall?

In notice that some Mall merchants miles have posted to my account, but not the Perkology bonus miles. When do these get added?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:50 am

To take it one step further, when does perkology bonus post period, for hotels or mall or anything? waiting for bonus for hotel transfer for a few weeks now.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by ziqch
To take it one step further, when does perkology bonus post period, for hotels or mall or anything? waiting for bonus for hotel transfer for a few weeks now.
Got mine for a Marriott visit three weeks ago, just a 4-5 days after my stay. Go figure.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:28 am

IME, these bonuses post almost 2 months after the initial miles post. Initially I though "6-8 weeks" was just the maximum period of time that it could take and that NW padded that... but it really means 6-8 weeks!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 4:09 pm

Programs: NW PE, HH Gold, SPG Gold
My perkology bonus for hotel/car posted within days...

WP Mall is a different story... I have not even gotten the base miles yet for stuff I bought months ago. Probably best to email in and have them research it, I guess.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:06 am

Expiration Date for Hotel Stay?

Anyone knows the expiration date for hotel stay?
Old May 2, 2007, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been getting mixed answers about the visa issue at WP. I have the Platinum Visa and with this promo, I planned to do two main things during its time:

1) shopping at the NWA WP mall (I have bought much at Staples @4miles/$)

2) use my visa to spend over $5,000 before May 31. (I have far surpassed this mark, which brings me to this post)

I know you could get a NEW WP Visa and go spend $5,000 MORE and potentially get another perkology bonus for that, but should I get the new Visa JUST for this purpose?

I had been led to believe that if I had never had the Signature Visa before and were to CONVERT my existing one into a Sig visa now, that this would essentially enable me to start anew with the "spending of over $5k" part of this promo. I also thought if I did this, I would also get the sig Visa's new customer sign up bonus. I have since heard that if you convert the visa, you cannot get the sign up bonus. AND I gather that may mean you could also not get a new spend $5k bonus too, but I dunno now!

I was once told by the visa that they cannot convert it and that by nature, you have to get a whole new card reissued. BUT, more recently I was told that you CAN convert it.

Has ANYONE tried to do any of this with TWO visas? What's the real scoop? Who knows! help.

MM
Old May 2, 2007, 1:56 pm

I have been getting mixed answers about the visa issue at WP. I have the Platinum Visa and with this promo, I planned to do two main things during its time:

1) shopping at the NWA WP mall (I have bought much at Staples @4miles/$)

2) use my visa to spend over $5,000 before May 31. (I have far surpassed this mark, which brings me to this post)

I know you could get a NEW WP Visa and go spend $5,000 MORE and potentially get another perkology bonus for that, but should I get the new Visa JUST for this purpose?

I had been led to believe that if I had never had the Signature Visa before and were to CONVERT my existing one into a Sig visa now, that this would essentially enable me to start anew with the "spending of over $5k" part of this promo. I also thought if I did this, I would also get the sig Visa's new customer sign up bonus. I have since heard that if you convert the visa, you cannot get the sign up bonus. AND I gather that may mean you could also not get a new spend $5k bonus too, but I dunno now!

I was once told by the visa that they cannot convert it and that by nature, you have to get a whole new card reissued. BUT, more recently I was told that you CAN convert it.

Has ANYONE tried to do any of this with TWO visas? What's the real scoop? Who knows! help.

MM
I would like an answer to this riddle as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.