Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consoliated "Questions About 2007 WorldPerks Perkology Promotion" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton

I don't think I will earn much on this one, but what the heck.

It wasn't on the main page of nwa.com for me yet. I found it by clicking on View all Promotions.

Register now through May 31, 2007.
Earn up to 25,000 Bonus Miles, when you apply, are approved, and use or pay the annual fee for a new WorldPerks Visa Signature or Business Card (or 20,000 miles for the WorldPerks Visa Platinum Card). Apply at www.worldperksvisa.com/wpv104.
Earn up to 25,000 Bonus Miles, in addition to the miles you already earn, by completing qualifying mileage partner activities during the Perkology promotional period.

To register for this offer, enter your WorldPerks account number, then click 'Continue'.

WorldPerks Number:

PERKOLOGY TERMS & CONDITIONS:

>Promotional Period >Earn up to 1,000 Bonus Miles
>Earn up to 25,000 Bonus Miles >Earn up to 500 Bonus Miles
>Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Miles >Mileage Posting
>Earn up to 2,500 Bonus Miles >Mileage Partner Listing

PROMOTIONAL PERIOD:

Registration is available March 1 - May 31, 2007.
Members must register by entering their WorldPerks Number on this page and submitting their registration.
Registration must be completed before any activities take place to be valid for this promotion.
Bonus Miles count as banked miles, not Elite Qualifying Miles.
Return to top

EARN UP TO 25,000 BONUS MILES:

Must be approved and use or pay the annual fee for a new WorldPerks Visa Signature, Platinum, or Business Card. You are only eligible for the Bonus Miles for a new WorldPerks Visa Platinum, Signature, or Business Card. Existing and previous accounts do not qualify.
Up to 20,000 Bonus Miles will be award by U.S. Bank and 5,000 Bonus Miles will be award by Northwest on a Card that has been used or annual fee has been paid. Up to 20,000 Bonus Miles are awarded to new WorldPerks Visa Signature and Business Cardmembers and up to 15,000 Bonus Miles are awarded to new WorldPerks Visa Platinum Cardmembers from U.S. Bank. An additional 5,000 Bonus Miles will be awarded by Northwest to new WorldPerks Visa Signature, Business, and Platinum accounts.
Return to top

5,000 BONUS MILE OPPORTUNITIES:

Spend $5,000 using your WorldPerks Visa Platinum, Signature, or Business after you register and between March 1 and May 31, 2007. $5,000 spend must be on same WorldPerks Visa Card within promotional period. This Bonus Mile offer may be earned one time per product during promotional period.
Participating Mortgage and Real Estate Mileage partners are listed below
Loans and real estate transactions must be initiated by May 31, 2007 and closed by August 31, 2007.
Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed per Mortgage and Real Estate Mileage Partner.
Return to top

2,500 BONUS MILE OPPORTUNITIES:

Communications Partners (see mileage partner list below)

Bonus mileage offers will be awarded for activating a new wireless service and rate plan through www.worldperkswireless.com or new satellite TV service.
A new account installation with EarthLink (Cable, DSL , Dial-Up or trueVoice home phone service), EarthLink Qualifying Activity requires either a new Dial-Up, DSL , Cable or trueVoice account or an upgraded existing EarthLink account. Mileage awarded for EarthLink Qualifying Activity must be posted to your account with a transaction date during the Promotional Period. An upgraded account is defined as an existing customer moving from a Dial-Up account to a high-speed Cable or DSL account.
Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed per Communication Services Mileage Partner.

Purchase a new WhiteTie concierge service annual membership.
Return to top

1,000 BONUS MILE OPPORTUNITIES:

Hotels (see mileage partner list below)

Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed per hotel partner.
For hotel stays, member must select WorldPerks miles at time of check-in to earn Bonus Miles for each qualifying stay.
Members must choose WorldPerks miles as their preferred earning alliance in hotel programs that require membership to earn miles.
Multiple Qualifying Activities can be earned for multiple qualifying hotel stays.
To view individual hotel mileage award structures, visit nwa.com/worldperks/earn.

Cruises

Book and purchase a cruise from Cruise Locators. WorldPerks number must be provided at time of booking.
Multiple Qualifying Activities can be earned per booked and purchased cruise.

WorldPerks Buy & Gift Miles

WorldPerks Buy & Gift Miles requires a minimum purchase of 2,500 miles per transaction.
Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed on purchases for both Buy & Gift Miles and Transfer Miles
Return to top

500 BONUS MILE OPPORTUNITIES:

WorldPerks Mall Retail Partners (see mileage partner list below)

Multiple Qualifying Activities can be earned per WorldPerks Mall retailer.
Minimum purchase of $50 (excluding tax and shipping) purchase required. Qualifying Activities are only awarded for online purchases through the WorldPerks Mall at www.nwa.com/mall .
The transaction date on merchandise purchased will be the date that the item is shipped and your credit card is charged. This date must be within the Promotional Period: March 1 to May 31 st , 2007.
WorldPerks is not responsible for orders with split shipping dates.
To ensure you receive credit for your transactions, Northwest Airlines recommends making your WorldPerks Mall purchases early in the promotional period.
Bonus Miles will not be awarded for purchase of gift certificates at WorldPerks Mall merchants unless specifically stated at the merchant offer page on the WorldPerks Mall.
Purchases from Netflix, Gamefly and Guthy-Renker do not qualify for this promotion.

Car Rentals (see mileage partner list below)

Each qualifying car rental counts as 1 Qualifying Activity.
WorldPerks number must be given at time of rental or reservation to receive WorldPerks miles and be considered a qualifying activity.
Multiple Qualifying Activities can be earned for multiple car rentals.
Renter must meet standard age, driver and credit requirements. Rates are higher for drivers under the age of 25.
Standard restrictions apply.
Alamo , Dollar, National and Thrifty collect a Frequent Flyer Tax Recovery surcharge to cover the federal tax on the cost of the miles award at time of rental.

Flowers (see mileage partner list below)

Flower Mileage Partners requires a minimum purchase of $50 in one transaction (excluding tax and shipping).
Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed per flower partner.

Dining

Spend a minimum of $50 at a participating restaurant in the Rewards Network Dining for Miles program.
Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed with the Rewards Network Dining for Miles program.

Wine Club

Purchase a new wine club membership from Vinesse Wine Clubs. Purchase must be made at www.vinesse.com/nwa.
Vinesse Wine Shop (single bottle sales) requires a minimum $50 purchase in one transaction (exluding tax and shipping) to count as a Qualifying Activity.
Qualifying Activities are only awarded for online purchases through the Vinesse Wine Shop at URL:TBD The transaction date on merchandise purchased will be the date that the item is shipped and your credit card is charged. This date must be within the Promotional Period.
To ensure you receive credit for your transactions, Northwest Airlines recommends making your Vinesse purchases early in the Promotional Period.
Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed per new wine club memberships.
Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed per each each $50 purchase from Vinesse Wine Shop.

WorldPerks Transfer Miles

WorldPerks Transfer Miles requires a minimum purchase of 5,000 Transfer Miles per transaction.
Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed with Transfer Miles.

SkyMall

A minimum SkyMall purchase of $50 for one transaction (excluding tax and shipping) to count as a Qualifying Activity.
Qualifying Activities are only awarded for online purchases through SkyMall at www.skymall.com/nwa
The transaction date on merchandise purchased will be the date that the item is shipped and your credit card is charged. This date must be within the Promotional Period.
To ensure you receive credit for your transactions, Northwest Airlines recommends making your SkyMall purchases early in the promotional period.
Multiple Qualifying Activities are allowed per each $50 purchase from SkyMall

Return to top

MILEAGE POSTING :

A maximum of 50,000 Bonus Miles per WorldPerks account will be awarded for this promotion. A maximum of 25,000 Bonus Miles per WorldPerks account will be awarded for existing WorldPerks Visa Cardmembers, unless the WorldPerks member applies, is approved, and uses or pays the annual fee for a WorldPerks Visa Signature, Platinum, or Business Card that is a different product they currently .
Please allow 6-8 weeks for WorldPerks miles to post to your WorldPerks account. Northwest is not responsible for Mileage Partners' posting delays.
All participating partner program terms and conditions apply.
Northwest reserves the right to add, delete or modify the participating partner listing with or without notification. Northwest is not responsible for any malfunctions associated with web registration process that result in late registration or incomplete information.
Northwest is the final authority on all disputes. All disputes should be sent in writing to the WorldPerks Service Center:
WorldPerks Service Center
601 Oak Street
Chisholm , MN 55719-1995

Other restrictions may apply.

Last edited by ksucats; Mar 1, 2007 at 5:45 am Reason: added info from nwa.com
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:29 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
I have to say, I don't find this very exciting. I liked the promotions that included flying NWA/KLM better. This is more of a partner thing... and not terribly generous.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by florin
I have to say, I don't find this very exciting. I liked the promotions that included flying NWA/KLM better. This is more of a partner thing... and not terribly generous.
I agree. I may get a couple thousand miles here, but this isn't anything that will change my patterns. I hope this doesn't mean that we will not get any sort of flying promo this spring.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:47 pm

Consoliated "WorldPerks Perkology Promotion 2006-07" Thread

FYI:

Perkology
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
"Qualifying Activities are only awarded for online purchases through the Vinesse Wine Shop at URL:TBD"

Might want to edit that a wee bit more before taking it live, folks...
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL SM
Am I reading this right?

500 BONUS MILE OPPORTUNITIES:

WorldPerks Mall Retail Partners (see mileage partner list below)

Multiple Qualifying Activities can be earned per WorldPerks Mall retailer.

Minimum purchase of $50 (excluding tax and shipping) purchase required. Qualifying Activities are only awarded for online purchases through the WorldPerks Mall at www.nwa.com/mall .

The transaction date on merchandise purchased will be the date that the item is shipped and your credit card is charged. This date must be within the Promotional Period: March 1 to May 31 st , 2007.

WorldPerks is not responsible for orders with split shipping dates.

To ensure you receive credit for your transactions, Northwest Airlines recommends making your WorldPerks Mall purchases early in the promotional period.

Bonus Miles will not be awarded for purchase of gift certificates at WorldPerks Mall merchants unless specifically stated at the merchant offer page on the WorldPerks Mall.

Purchases from Netflix, Gamefly and Guthy-Renker do not qualify for this promotion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So every time you purchase $50 worth of crap from the WP Mall, you receive 500 bonus miles???
Old Mar 2, 2007, 2:29 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
duplicate

There was already a thread started on this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666075
Old Mar 2, 2007, 9:16 am

new credit card?

I am a little confused by the wording of T&C, i already have WP visa platinum, now if i get a visa signature, will that count as a new account to get bonus or not? its says somewhere in terms that it can, but not clear, any ideas?
thanks
Old Mar 2, 2007, 4:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I agree that the T&C aren't totally clear.

Does this mean that every $50 purchase from the WorldPerks Mall earns 500 bonus miles?
Old Mar 3, 2007, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Plat;
EXCITING NEW PROMO: Perkology!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nwa.com/offers/perkology/

Ok, I just reread and it's only based around partner activity, not flying activity.

Weak.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 4:02 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=perkology
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=perkology
Old Mar 3, 2007, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Plat;
Mods: can you please combine this??

Sorry, I figured a new promo would be on the front page still. Can't believe it wasn't
Old Mar 3, 2007, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lambrettaStarr
Sorry, I figured a new promo would be on the front page still. Can't believe it wasn't
Shows how truly EXCITING this one is!
Old Mar 3, 2007, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ksucats
Shows how truly EXCITING this one is!
It is meant to get you to get a visa card. if you have one it is not for you. Most of us have one already (got a better promotion a while back), so not a primo promo for me.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by fromYXU
It is meant to get you to get a visa card. if you have one it is not for you. Most of us have one already (got a better promotion a while back), so not a primo promo for me.
If I read this correctly you can still earn 25k if you already have a WP credit card. Spend $5k and receive 5k bonus miles for instance on the card you already have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.