Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Uber-bonanza: Turn 25k GP into 28,125 NW miles!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2007, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE

I can get more than a free domestic NW flight with only 25,000 goldpoints?? NO WAY, dude!!

Way. Unfortunately for some, it only works for US GPP elites with at least one stay in the past 12 months. It also takes a bit of effort -- here's the scoop:

DISCLAIMER: Please DO NOT run the chance of ruining this for everyone by calling GPP or NW and pointing out this possible loophole in their system!!! Don't even try to be sneaky on the phone with them, because they may figure it out and shut it down. Thanks

NW is currently running a partner promo called Perkology (registration required). Among various other bonus point opportunities in this promo, one receives 1,000 bonus miles for each hotel "activity." Multiple qualifying activities per hotel partner are allowed, and points conversions are not specifically excluded

One of the GPP elite benefits is the ability to convert a minimum of 1,000 points into airline miles. The normal conversion is 1,000 GP = 125 airline miles. From the GPP miles redemption T&C:
"Exclusive Offer for Elite Members: If you are an Elite Member, you can call the goldpoints plus Elite Customer Service Center at 800-613-3333 and ask to have any 1,000-point increment of your accumulated Gold Points balance redeemed for airline miles in the participating airline program of your choice. You decide when to convert points to miles. Any remaining and future Gold Points you earn will simply accumulate until you choose to redeem again." and "Only members that have had a Gold Points earning stay at a participating hotel in the past 12 months are entitled to convert points to airline miles at the 8:1 ratio."

So, after registering for the Perkology promo, each 1,000 GP conversion will give you 1,125 NW miles! Best ratio ever?

Perkology allows up to 25k in qualifying activity bonuses through May 31, 2007, so to maximize this jackpot, you need to do 25 individual 1,000 GP conversions to NW miles. The "work" part of this deal is that you need to call in each conversion on separate days, since they process miles redemptions once per day.

Just to be sure, I've already initially tested the system to confirm that this works -- I called in a 1k conversion, and my NW account is now 1,125 miles richer. Please note that it takes about a week for the miles to show up in your NW account, despite what they tell you about it taking 4-6 or 6-8 weeks.

Ride this gravy-train-with-biscuit-wheels while you can becuase you have until approximately May 15 to make 25 calls on 25 weekdays (GPP customer service is not open on weekends)!
Old Mar 17, 2007, 7:59 pm

Last edited by tmcneill; Sep 9, 2012 at 10:23 am
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I would have to guess that a conversion of GP to NW would count as a "qualifying activity", because that is the only way that you can get NW miles from GP hotel stays. You can't just directly get NW miles from staying, only through the conversion option. Since GP hotels are listed as a partner for purposes of this promotion you would think that NW would allow the conversion to count.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Like I said, I can confirm that it is working, since I'm already getting the bonuses via points redemption. This is working pretty much exactly as well as a similar NW parnter promo last summer I mentioned in this forum where you got 625 miles for 1,000 GP.

After doing the math, it appears that after all allowable bonuses, the conversion ratio between the two promos is identical (the last promo got you 22,500 miles after redeeming 20,000 GP in 1k increments). Perhaps these two promos can be tied for best conversion ratio ever
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:11 am

NW has retroactively closed similar loopholes in the past.

I have the -50k mile deduction on my account as evidence of this practice.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
FYI-to do a GP to WP transfer you must "call during normal business hours=8am to 8pm CST." I wish GP would get out of the dark ages and allow members to do the transfer on-line.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Ritz Carlton Plat, Hyatt Diamond, DL Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
NW has retroactively closed similar loopholes in the past.

I have the -50k mile deduction on my account as evidence of this practice.
Could you be more specific?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by emoney1978
Could you be more specific?
No. And my reasons should be quite obvious.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by loomis
FYI-to do a GP to WP transfer you must "call during normal business hours=8am to 8pm CST." I wish GP would get out of the dark ages and allow members to do the transfer on-line.
I gotta say that it is kinda annoying to have to verify address, phone and email every single time over the phone, instead of just a password. Laborious. I know they say it's for security purposes, but it seems they do it more for making sure the info they have is current. And having to remember to call in every business day <sigh>.

I guess that's what we have to endure to cash in on these deals
Old Mar 31, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Originally Posted by WonderDude
I gotta say that it is kinda annoying to have to verify address, phone and email every single time over the phone, instead of just a password. Laborious. I know they say it's for security purposes, but it seems they do it more for making sure the info they have is current. And having to remember to call in every business day <sigh>.
That's what I got the first time, but they second time they didn't ask ANYTHING. Just account numbers, didn't even check my name!
Old Apr 7, 2007, 4:41 pm

My first transfer (and related Perkology bonus) posted yesterday.

But given NW's history, I am not at all confident that the Perkology bonus will be in my account six months from now.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 12:18 am
Original Poster

I've been credited for 10 boni so far. I was getting a little worried because it had been what seemed a good while since the last one posted, and then whammo, I got five credited all in one day.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 1:32 pm

How loong does it take for miles to post from gold points to NWA?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by ziqch
How loong does it take for miles to post from gold points to NWA?
Took about a week.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 8:34 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I transferred 5000 Goldpoints to NW. I got:
"MilesAbove Bonus -Gold Points Corporation 500"
I have not stayed at a Radisson for years, so I did not get 625.
But I did not get the Perkology bonus !
WD, did U get yours already? I thought they were to post at the end of the Perkology promo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.