Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:14 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by scheps
wonder what EA will be like, on the 28th of nov at 630am.
Tell us when /after you arrive welcome to your first post btw.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome

I haven't been there for a while, but based on previous experience (> 12 months ago), early morning seemed to have a lot full of cars. But I am likely to be outdated
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:04 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by scheps
wonder what EA will be like, on the 28th of nov at 630am.
I'll beat you to it the day before at 7:00pm
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Silver, MR-Silver, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum, AClub-Platinum
es

Been there a couple of weeks ago around 6pm ES is very well stocked with the usual selection.
Few 14 Impalas in various colours
Couple of Camrys
2x Challanger 1x Camaro
5-6x 300s
Siennas, midiszeSUV,and Tahoes couple of them
1x Buick Lacrosse
3-4x Taurus Limited one with 99 miles on ODO and active Sirius which I took, great ride beats many of the premium European brands in comfort and value. Oh and huge trunk.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I took a 300C from the Executive Isle a few weeks back.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:17 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
There was a white 5-Series BMW waiting at VIP. I should have kept that Lux reservation last Wed

Picked up a Genesis, so not bad.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Hi,

Can anyone advise me what cars should I expect if I chose the following categories @ LAX ?

* Fullsize
* Standard SUV

Not a member of any kind with National, only a regular european tourist visiting California.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dan98
Hi,

Can anyone advise me what cars should I expect if I chose the following categories @ LAX ?

* Fullsize
* Standard SUV

Not a member of any kind with National, only a regular european tourist visiting California.
If you are not a member of National program, this means you will have to go inside to the counter. Once in there you can see what they have for you to rent. How many people are in your party?

Fullsize car can be a Chevy Impala, Dodge Charger or Challenger.
Standard SUV, could be a Ford Escape, hyundai Tucson
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:11 am

I was thinking to make the booking online and have it say ... "secured" before I arrive at their counter. I find this very confusing given the fact that what I see on their website is a bit different then what I am being told here.

Fullsize is indeed Dodge Charger (or similar) but the SUV class is not the Ford Escape/Hyundai Tucson class, it's the Jeep Grand Cherokee as far as I can tell.

http://i.imgur.com/qYRFVMy.png (screenshot of the website)

I was hoping for a Chrysler 300C or Jeep Grand Cherokee. We will be just two passengers but we have lots of luggage.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dan98
IFullsize is indeed Dodge Charger (or similar) but the SUV class is not the Ford Escape/Hyundai Tucson class, it's the Jeep Grand Cherokee as far as I can tell.

http://i.imgur.com/qYRFVMy.png (screenshot of the website)

I was hoping for a Chrysler 300C or Jeep Grand Cherokee. We will be just two passengers but we have lots of luggage.
I use to get 300C's but now the all seem to be in the luxery isle.. Once in a while you will find a 300 (not the C) in the Excutive isle.

As I wrote for the standard SUV, the Escape/Tuscon is what you will fine, as well as RAV4, NOW if LAX is over stocked with Jeep GC's then yuo might find one, but don't hold your breath...
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:04 am

I'm not really cool with that so maybe I should take a look over at Hertz or Avis for a Jeep GC.

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
The standard SUV IS the Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar. The Ford Escape/ Tucson/ RAV4 is the midsize SUV. Others in the standard SUV are the Equinox and the Explorer.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:05 am

There is some bad info in this thread. The Escape is MIDSIZE SUV (IFAR) as are both Hyundai SUVs and the Rogue. These are not Standard SUVs and would be downgrades.

Your Standard SUV choices should be Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain, Ford Explorer, and Jeep Grand Cherokee. There might be a couple others that I am missing.

There is no way to guarantee a specific model when reserving. Hertz does this but I don't think even they have the Grand Cherokee as a model specific reservation option. If you reserve a premium you have a pretty good shot at a 300.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:20 am

I have a reservation for Friday 18th April, but i don't land until around 5pm, so not anticipating being able to collect until around 7pm.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the selection is going to be better the following day, as opposed to late on the last day of the week?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
National LAX is a very busy, 24-hour a day, seven day a week operation. Walk the rows for the vehicle class reserved as well as a downgrade (or two). Wait fifteen minutes, observing what they bring into inventory. Ask for something specifically (in your reserved class unless you're willing to pay for the upgrade). Unless the location is sold out - and that's impossible to know three months in advance - there will be a big selection of vehicles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.