Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by specboi
any recent update on lcar/ps selection here?
got my upcoming Lcar booking at National for $200 with my corporate cdp
but also looking at a E350 at hertz for $400 for 5 days including taxes

I am willing to pay a $200 ($40/day) upgrade fee at National if I can get a Maserati or a Jaguar..but from what I read they are usually $100/day?
I'm not particularly excited about the E350 either thats why I am still willing to "gamble" with National.
When I read E350 the first time, I thought you wanted an Econoline van. lol...
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:51 pm

Reporting back , my vacation from 23 jan to 31 jan.

was at LAX around 11;30 pm , was lucky to see national/alamo shuttle outside and jumped on it. we were 2 families with luggage and were looking for 2 Tahoes or suburbans...

OK in ES there were almost everything chargers, mustangs and 300s 200s , fully stocked i saw 1 honda pilot there too... we were able to see 1 suburban LT loaded with LTZ rims and all the LTZ features but it was LT trim. OK now there was no sign of second tahoe or suburban, I saw national employee bringing mini van and told him LAX is always the best and comp'ed him for selection they always have. I asked him if the vehicle he is bringing next would be tahoe or suburban ? he said go to SUV row and check there because sometimes when ES lot is full they park ES full size suv's in SUV row, and told us to make sure the ticket hanging on rear view mirror says executive selection.
we went to the suv row, there were aroung 25 to 30 large suv there tahoes yukons and suburbans almost everything. after checking 8 or 10 suv's i found tahoe LTZ with executive selection tag, It was prked in between the suv's but me and my cousin were able to take that out , thanks for the fact all the keys were inside the vehicles. going out of the gate was fast.

So national was able to satisfy us 100% , both were brand new and 1 has 6k miles and other 7k miles. Both were 4X4. we put on 2300 miles on each during our 8 days vacation. LA to san fran, san fran to reno, reno to death valley, death valley to las vegas, las vegas to grand canyon and then back to LA.

IT was amazing time we had and the national vehicles made our vacation even more amazing.^
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:55 pm

Im heading to LAX next week. What is my chances of getting a jag or something like that? What would that cost me with excutive status?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:48 am

What convertibles are normally available?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Wadda
I am looking for one too. Will be there next week.

anyone use Unigraphics Solutions recently at LAX?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:04 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by BlueShirt88
Im heading to LAX next week. What is my chances of getting a jag or something like that? What would that cost me with excutive status?
Close to zero. AFAIK Jags are not in the fleet. For reference a Maserati Ghibli costs $100/day upgrade charge.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Wadda
Camaros and Mustangs.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:05 pm

I am looking for one too. Will be there next week.

anyone use Unigraphics Solutions recently at LAX?
If you're entitled to use the code, what others have or have not done should not be of any relevance.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Close to zero. AFAIK Jags are not in the fleet. For reference a Maserati Ghibli costs $100/day upgrade charge.
I've seen a Jaguar XF in PS at LAX on my last couple of visits with the same $100/day upcharge as the Ghibli.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Camaros and Mustangs.
Are those included in executive section or is there a charge.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:59 am

Are those included in executive section or is there a charge.
There were a few Cameros and Mustangs on the ES when I was there last month.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: Gold 5*
LAX Upgrades for UK renters

Hey guys, hoping to pick up a bit of advice here...
Will be doing a 1 way / 1 Day rental, LAX to LAS.....
Will be doing pickup around 5pm on a Sunday (in May)
I'll be Pre-paying in Full via a UK booking site.
The rental Includes Full LDW/LIS, all fees, etc + Full tank of Gas (return empty) + Xtra Driver.

I love big cars, or big SUV's, and really like the US V8 cars (Camero, challenger, Mustangs)
Last year, had Camero SS convert with Hertz, great car!

Offers I have available to me:
Full Size Car - Alamo: $57
Full Size Car - National: $58
Standard SUV - Alamo: $69
Standard SUV - National: $72

Am wondering, what tricks can I pull to get the car upgraded to convertible, or something real nice!
and for the SUV to be like an Expedition/Tahoe/Surb/Yukon ?
Don't mind paying to upgrade, but no idea on what Alamo/National would want to charge (I will be handing over a pre-paid voucher for the rental)
My Fullsize with Dollar at LAS last year, got me a Lacrosse for a $10 tip in the garage

Any pointers ?

Last edited by StuartUK; Feb 12, 2015 at 8:11 am
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by StuartUK
Hey guys, hoping to pick up a bit of advice here...
Will be doing a 1 way / 1 Day rental, LAX to LAS.....
Will be doing pickup around 5pm on a Sunday (in May)
I'll be Pre-paying in Full via a UK booking site.
The rental Includes Full LDW/LIS, all fees, etc + Full tank of Gas (return empty) + Xtra Driver.

I love big cars, or big SUV's, and really like the US V8 cars (Camero, challenger, Mustangs)
Last year, had Camero SS convert with Hertz, great car!

Offers I have available to me:
Full Size Car - Alamo: $57
Full Size Car - National: $58
Standard SUV - Alamo: $69
Standard SUV - National: $72

Am wondering, what tricks can I pull to get the car upgraded to convertible, or something real nice!
and for the SUV to be like an Expedition/Tahoe/Surb/Yukon ?
Don't mind paying to upgrade, but no idea on what Alamo/National would want to charge (I will be handing over a pre-paid voucher for the rental)
My Fullsize with Dollar at LAS last year, got me a Lacrosse for a $10 tip in the garage

Any pointers ?
You want to be cautious with that booking as when I searched it on the National site using googles 10% discount. It came up with a convertible for £41.89 but there was a one way fee of $399.43, Airport Tax $44.37 and sales tax $42.16. Flying could be cheaper!!!!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: Gold 5*
cheers, but booking with Netflights.com, its a confirmed paid in full booking, so if there were a 1 way fee, it goes back to the broker, not me
Plus, I would get it in writing to confirm no fee for me!

Was thinking, if I just booked the full size car, would they give an option to upgrade to an SUV instead of a better car ?????
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by StuartUK
Was thinking, if I just booked the full size car, would they give an option to upgrade to an SUV instead of a better car ?????
They might. Upgrade to Premier vehicles is typically an extra $50 to $100 a day depending on what it is and what is available. An upgrade from a full size to SUV is a bit less.

If i were you, I'd book the standard SUV for $14 more, and then see where you can go from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.