Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:42 am

thanks for that feedback IsleOfMan!

Minivan at the DL location is $130 more than what I see at SNA/LAX at the moment. Plus I do really like the ability to choose my car. What you say about the selection at LAX makes me want to rent from that location.

The decision is further muddled by the fact we are flying in to LAX but don't need the car until 3 days later. I could get it when we land, but that would cost $100 more for the 3 extra days plus another $60 in hotel parking fees.

Last edited by dirtnap101; Oct 2, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Where are you flying out of at the end of the trip? And what are your dates? And how many people?

A PCAR might be the way to go if you only have 4 people... most are quite ample in terms of leg room and trunk space, and you could just have them downgrade you to ICAR at the booth if you find something you like on EA/ES.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:28 pm

We end the trip flying out of SFO, but will be returning the car at the Union Square location in downtown SF a few days before that as we really don't need it for sightseeing in SF. The reason I'd like to be able to choose the vehicle is because we'll be spending 6 full days on the road getting from LA to SF.

4 people, but 3 of the 4 like to overpack with the best of them . They like to have a cooler with water and snacks on ice, and other things that require a little more room.

What I would ideally like to rent is a PGAR or FGAR, but would settle for MVAR, FFAR or SFAR. I guess an Impala would do in a pinch, maybe.

When I look at PCARs like the Lacrosse, Azera, Cadenza, Maxima, Avalon, I question if my crew will have enough room.

Another small factor is having a slightly higher vantage point for the view as we head up PCH/Highway One, I guess.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I've seen Tahoe/Suburban on ES at LAX, but not at SNA... might be worth the trek. Largest I've seen on ES at SNA was Pathfinder and Grand Cherokee.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:44 pm

Yes, the more I think about it the more I see my choices as ES at LAX or the convenience of reserving a minivan at Anaheim but not getting to choose.

Thanks again!

Last edited by dirtnap101; Oct 2, 2014 at 3:02 pm
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:54 pm

Any recent reports on ER-LUX, ER-PREM, and/or ES?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:29 pm

LAX 10/5 around midnight

Notable sightings

Minivans - Saw a Sienna there this time vs. usually see Chrysler
Mini Cooper in the EA

This time there were a lot of Chargers and Durangos also available.

Normal fare of Yukon, Suburbans, Impalas, Terrain, Chevy Traverse

Mustangs and Challengers for sporty

I took a normal 300
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by FatCatNak
LAX 10/5 around midnight
I know it's not really in your eye-line on the way to EA/ES and also easy to overlook when driving out, but did you notice what was in ER-PREM and ER-LUX?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
If anyone can report on ER-PREM over the next month or so, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Anything recent, especially for ER-PREM and ER-LUX? Thanks!
Any recent reports on ER-LUX, ER-PREM, and/or ES?
I know it's not really in your eye-line on the way to EA/ES and also easy to overlook when driving out, but did you notice what was in ER-PREM and ER-LUX?
Good God man.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Chmeeee
Good God man.
If you haven't noticed, engagement has really dropped off here recently after Rate-Code-Gate and the exit of drzoidberg. Stations that used to get full reports every 2-3 days are now barely getting them every 2-3 weeks. I'm just trying to spur those who do still linger to participate (in an only moderately selfish manner).
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
If you haven't noticed, engagement has really dropped off here recently after Rate-Code-Gate and the exit of drzoidberg. Stations that used to get full reports every 2-3 days are now barely getting them every 2-3 weeks. I'm just trying to spur those who do still linger to participate (in an only moderately selfish manner).
OK - I guess I missed all the furore here. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

I'll be going through LAX in 36 hours. Will advise soon after what I saw.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:50 am

Picked up at LAX yesterday around 8AM. Everything was fully stocked. Nice variety on ES, usual sedan suspects on EA. Ended up taking a Jeep GC Limited 4x2 with the luxury 2 package. Right now this is my overall favorite car to rent on a mid size res. Got 27mpg on my way down to San Diego. In specialty I noticed an XTS, 2 Q50s, and 2 Mustang convertibles. Also noticed very friendly staff at this location!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:12 pm

LAX this morning.

Really only looked in ES.

notable standouts

Enclaves
Camaro convertible
Buick Lacrosses
Jeep Compas
Newer higher end Explorers

In specialty click glance saw

Navigator and a BMW hatchback of some sort.

I took a Grand Cherokee
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:29 am

EA and ES tonight both had lots of choices, but no standouts or unexpected gems. ER-LUX was a major letdown, containing an XC60, two S60s, and a '14 ATS 2.5. I probably would have considered a 2.0T ATS, but not the 2.5. I almost took a Lacrosse from ER-PREM and even considered going back for a Taurus Limited I saw on ES. Instead I walked back to the booth and was offered an Audi A3 which I also balked at... I don't reserve PCAR or LCAR for the badge, I'm looking for size and comfort. Finally after helping a family of 10 pile car seats into two suburbans (which I didn't mind at all, I have kids, I can sympathize) they dug out the keys to an XTS that was on the wall... 20k and expired XM, but I prefer Pandora and legroom anyway.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:59 pm

Has anybody seen a Mazda 6 at this facility lately? I have a full-size reservation for the 3rd of November and not sure if National/Alamo carry this car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.