Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:29 am

Thats nice, wish they had that spread at SNA.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
I don't rent enough to be ES, but I try to make a report on EA when I rent somewhere. At LAX this morning. 3 challengers, not sure, but looked like base models, several Chrysler 200s, a couple Chrysler minivans, couple Chevy sedans plus a Nissan Altima I didn't really pay attention to, and the Nissan Frontier that I ultimately picked. Nice car, I used to drive an Xterra for my personal car, felt like I was right back in it again.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Cars at LAX

Are the Yelp reviews accurate that you have to wait 30-40 min for a bus to shuttle you to the car rental facility? I've never rented from national at lax and will for the first time on 1/8. Traveling with my 4 month old and don't want to wait that long. (Flying in on United Express)
Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:16 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Like any major airport you have to wait for shuttles. I've been hit and miss at this location (mostly hit). Usually it's a 10-15 minute wait though on my most recent trip I did wait half an hour. YMMV.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 10:43 pm

Full size SUV at LAX???

Hi is it OK for me to dream that i would like to see some Newer 2015 Tahoes or Yukons in executive area , last week of january 2015? @ LAX.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by shaky1977
Hi is it OK for me to dream that i would like to see some Newer 2015 Tahoes or Yukons in executive area , last week of january 2015? @ LAX.
I did get a 2015 Suburban at LAX in Executive a few weeks ago so it's possible, didn't see any other full size SUV in Executive. They had a Tahoe and I think a Navigator but both under Emerald Reserve at the time.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by gameover98
I did get a 2015 Suburban at LAX in Executive a few weeks ago so it's possible, didn't see any other full size SUV in Executive. They had a Tahoe and I think a Navigator but both under Emerald Reserve at the time.
That is good to hear, If you remember, was it 4X4? trim level? LT-LTZ?

Actually we'l be 2 families , 5 ppl in each family, and luggage. I hope that we can get 2 Tahoes or suburbans. or yukon .

We will be landing at LAX by 10:30 pm. I am not sure what would be cars situation in executive area, Is it possible if i can ask the attendant if they have suburbans or tahoes, available IF i dont see any in executive aisle.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:48 am

Any recent updates for LAX EA/ES selections.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:52 pm

Most Fun Sedan?

I'll be at a wedding in Pasadena and then driving up to San Francisco via the Pacific Coast Highway in late March. We'll be 4 adults with carry-on luggage and I'm Executive. What's the best sedan that will fit all of us and won't sacrifice fun on one of America's most famous highway? I'm thinking a Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300, or Hyundai Genesis from what folks have been reporting available recently at LAX.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by shaky1977
That is good to hear, If you remember, was it 4X4? trim level? LT-LTZ?

Actually we'l be 2 families , 5 ppl in each family, and luggage. I hope that we can get 2 Tahoes or suburbans. or yukon .

We will be landing at LAX by 10:30 pm. I am not sure what would be cars situation in executive area, Is it possible if i can ask the attendant if they have suburbans or tahoes, available IF i dont see any in executive aisle.
There were two 2015 Suburban 4WD LT when I was there. I was there with a family of 5 and luggage as well, we arrived at about 9pm on a Friday night. I didn't peek when I returned the car on Monday night though, had way too little time to get back to the airport.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by gameover98
There were two 2015 Suburban 4WD LT when I was there. I was there with a family of 5 and luggage as well, we arrived at about 9pm on a Friday night. I didn't peek when I returned the car on Monday night though, had way too little time to get back to the airport.
Thank you so much, This gives me hope to find something similar in ES.^^^

In case if i don't see any full size SUV there I am planning to wait there hour or so , until i get one.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Does National at LAX have any "fun cars"? I currently reserved a luxury rental at LAX for 4 days in February. I'm an ES member, but booked a luxury just to make sure that I would get something decent.
But I'm wondering if National has any cars like say a BMW 5 Series, Porsche Boxter, Mercedes E350 Convertible etc
I'm also Hertz 5* but their rates are significantly more even more a basic luxury rental compared to National (i have a decent corporate rate with national)....but I know Hertz has the more "fun cars". My last trip to SFO, I booked a Luxury car and got a E350 Convertible, and that was awesome.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by specboi
Does National at LAX have any "fun cars"? I currently reserved a luxury rental at LAX for 4 days in February. I'm an ES member, but booked a luxury just to make sure that I would get something decent.
But I'm wondering if National has any cars like say a BMW 5 Series, Porsche Boxter, Mercedes E350 Convertible etc
I'm also Hertz 5* but their rates are significantly more even more a basic luxury rental compared to National (i have a decent corporate rate with national)....but I know Hertz has the more "fun cars". My last trip to SFO, I booked a Luxury car and got a E350 Convertible, and that was awesome.
so i JUST learned about this premier selection program.
Am I better off to just book a mid size car and pay an upgrade fee? or is there a better chance of me getting a premier car for free when a luxury reservation?

This is a personal vacation for me, and I would like to drive something different/fun than what I normally drive (Infiniti FX45).
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: BA - Blue
probability of 7 seater in regular aisle?

I'll need a minivan for part of trip to LA in Feb. I've reserved one, and it's about $150 more expensive than an intermediate. What's the probability of a 7 seater in the (regular) aisle? Should I make a second reservation for a normal midsize, which I can cancel if nothing suitable comes up?

If there's no chance of a 7 seater in the aisle, I'd rather not mess around with the second reservation...

thanks,

tb
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trueblu
I'll need a minivan for part of trip to LA in Feb. I've reserved one, and it's about $150 more expensive than an intermediate. What's the probability of a 7 seater in the (regular) aisle? Should I make a second reservation for a normal midsize, which I can cancel if nothing suitable comes up?

If there's no chance of a 7 seater in the aisle, I'd rather not mess around with the second reservation...

thanks,

tb
As others have noted in this forum, make 2 reservations and see if the aisle has minivans (which I suspect it would since most biz travelers don't want them)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.