Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 1:04 am

That was the Premium model rather than the cut down a. The trouble with LCAR is you don't often get to look for the one with the sunroof, you get a choice of perhaps two different model cars and need to make a quick decision. Until I knew of the existence of this Q50a model I thought the Q50 was a safe bet!
Old May 15, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Foxtbh
That was the Premium model rather than the cut down a. The trouble with LCAR is you don't often get to look for the one with the sunroof, you get a choice of perhaps two different model cars and need to make a quick decision. Until I knew of the existence of this Q50a model I thought the Q50 was a safe bet!
I think you're blowing things out of proportion. Just doing a simple Google search, the Q50a badge denotes that it is the base model. Judging from Infiniti's website, I had the base Q50 (which is badged "Q50a") with a sunroof.

I had a back up camera but no back up sensors. I believe I had the regular sound system and not a Bose sound system but it was fine and I usually listen to music that has a lot of bass. I'm not sure if my car had heated seats or not but I generally don't like heated seats and this is LA.

I'm not sure why you have to make a quick decision on an LCAR. I was able to check out what they had at LCAR for a few minutes. It was actually the station manager who told me to pick the car with the sunroof rather than the car without it.

The car itself ran fine. It seems all the Q50s have the same 3.7 liter engine. My car was able to accelerate at will and I could switch between standard mode and a few others which included sport mode.

I think this was just fine for an LCAR rental.
Old May 16, 2015, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by TommyGun
Yep, you're right again there Tide!
The headline rate is cheaper booking through the Emerald Club, but that obviously doesn't include ANY fees or LDW etc. Booking through the National UK site without putting the Emerald Club number in gives an all inclusive package including all fees & LDW, so it actually works out cheaper for us to do it that way.

I emailed National customer service & they said it was no problem to add my emerald club number onto the booking when I get to the counter at LAX, which would then give me access to the EA (I'm just a bog standard member as I've just joined).

I'm at LAX in the afternoon on 14th May, so I'm hoping there are some Challengers or Camaros on the EA then (preferably a Challenger!) as dwbf11 suggested there could be, but if not I'm hoping the fact I have an FCAR reservation rather than a mid size, plus the fact we're a couple of Brits on our honeymoon might persuade one of the nice attendants to let us have one anyway!

If not, with an FCAR reservation I will definitely get at least a Charger I think? (if they have any)
I suppose they are all V6's there? A V8 Charger would make up for it not being a Challenger!

Well we got to National at about 15:30 on Wednesday, very quiet there, maybe only 4 other customers around.

Went to the EA and it just seemed to be full of mid size & intermediate cars, no SUV's or sports cars. You'll have to forgive me as I don't know anything about the models you get in the US really, but they all looked really bland! I did notice a Hyundai that may have been a Genesis(?), but the cars a did think might be interesting were a couple of VW Jettas, and a Chrysler 200S (next to a standard 200C).

The 200S looked to be the best of a bad bunch, so I got my missus to stand next to it while I went over to chat to the guy who's there when you come out of the office.
The Executive Aisle was FULL of Chargers, Camaros and Challengers, so I just asked him if there was any chance I could take a Challenger from there as I was on my honeymoon & really wanted a cool American car. He didn't even think about it, just said no problem, take one!

I'm not sure if having an FCAR reservation instead of a mid size helped at all, or if it was just because they had so many Challengers (or the guy was just nice!), but I'm very happy with the car & the service from National in general!
Old May 21, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Executive Elite
Was at LAX again picking up a car this past Tuesday. Ended up getting a 2015 Mustang V6 Convertible with 2 miles on the clock. There were 3-4 of them in ES. Saw a C7 Corvette and either a 2015 Mustang GT or EcoBoost convertible available for upgrade.

Last Thursday evening I picked up a 300c. Been seeing more 300, Lacrosse, Q50 in ES these days. Glad to see more premium cars than I have before.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:24 am

Whats this location like for cars last thing on a Sunday evening?

Barren and empty because it's last thing on a Sunday or rammed full of cars returned by the weekenders and yet to be rented by the Monday morning business crowd?
Old May 25, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium

Barren and empty because it's last thing on a Sunday or rammed full of cars returned by the weekenders and yet to be rented by the Monday morning business crowd?
LAX has tons of vehicles. National/Alamo/Enterprise even has an overflow lot in addition to the three main lots. I was there early on a Monday morning and the overflow lot was full and one of the EA aisles was blocked in by an extra row of SUVs.

On FT, LAX ranks as one of the best National stations in terms of selection and customer service.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:48 am

Excellent, looking forward to more than my usual selection of 'Take any LCAR you like as long as it's the single one we have over there' then
Old May 25, 2015, 8:50 pm

Sunday Evening at LAX National is one of the most stocked times all week. It is jam packed full of cars. So much so, that you may see a car you want but can't get to it because it is behind rows and rows of cars. The EA and ES aisles are of course not blocked during this time but those who frequent LAX know that the "rows" behind ES are actually overflow ES cars.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
I was here on a Saturday morning. ES has tons of (>20) Chevy Impalas, also some Mustangs and Dodge Chargers, but almost nothing else. Spouse and me are not big fans of American cars, decided to go downstairs and got a Mazda SUV for 2/3 the price of ES.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Monday afternoon both ES and EA were full of mostly vanilla sedans. ES had a couple Impalas, one Prius and one well-hidden/disguised (looked like a Sonata) Azera which I grabbed.

One item of note...Sirius XM had a temporary promotion for two weeks that offered free service to every car, and after that promo expired, it appears that some channels were lost to every radio that was not subscribed, which for me, included 74/Met Opera Radio. I had to call and get a refresh signal sent to the Azera to get that channel back, so if you have a rental car that is missing random channels, that's the reason and you'll need to get a refresh signal to restore them if that particular radio is still covered by the manufacturer's trial.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz Goldplus, Avis Preferred, SAS Eurobonus member, Flyingblue member, Hhonors Elite
Question Any experiences picking up rentalcar from the Emerald aisles at LAX?

First post here, recently joined. So hope you will consider that when responding, but I am in the need of some good advice about renting a car from the Emerald club aisles at LAX. I have recently upgraded to Executive tier level.

My girlfriend and I are going on a 3 week roadtrip on the west coast, going north towards San Fransisco ( I know its the wrong way) and east towards Yosemite, Yellowstone and then southwest again ending up in Las Vegas and that area, and finally back in LA.

We are arriving in August, on a Monday (the 10th) late afternoon, flying back again on the 28 th.

1. What can I expect with regards to selection of cars in the EA-EE aisle at LAX?
I tried to look in the different threads here, but couldnt find any new or real good expectation at the LAX location.

2. Of the possible selections which cars would you recommend for a roadtrip of this kind?
I am not that familiar with the American Lexus, Cadillac or Buick brands. But I have already decided not to go for a convertible, as this would be fun for only a part of the trip and not so great for longer distances, or am I wrong in that assumption?

3. We were going to pick up the car on the day after we arrive. The 11th at about 9 am. As we have factored in jetlag, possible delays and that our first night is booked at a hotel near the airport, but what are the chances of more desirable cars, like the luxury/premium models such as Chrysler 300c, Chevy Camaro or similar (if that kind of car is available at all) actually being selectable at the aisles if we pick it up at that time or should we just pick it straight from the airport once we land, to be sure to get a great car?
I wondering if theres a difference from a Monday evening to a Tuesday morning?

Theres probably loads of other questions that are worth asking, but if any of you guys could give some pointers to the above then that would be brilliant

Last edited by Jesper Regel; Jun 12, 2015 at 1:04 am
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:30 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Welcome to the forum. Going to merge your thread with our current thread about LAX where it will likely get more targeted responses.

-dwbf11
National mod
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:45 am

1. What can I expect with regards to selection of cars in the EA-EE aisle at LAX?
Read this thread and you'll get a feel for what is available.

2. Of the possible selections which cars would you recommend for a roadtrip of this kind?
Infinity Q50, Buick Lacrosse, Ford Fusion Titanium, Chrysler 300C, (in that order IMO) All can be found in ES.

3. I wondering if theres a difference from a Monday evening to a Tuesday morning?
The nicer cars are usually scarce earlier in the week. I don't typical rent earlier in the week so I'm not entirely sure. You can call the LAX location and ask for the Emerald Booth. The agent there can tell you what Mondays/Tuesdays usually are. LAX number is 310-338-8200.

Usually there are always employees bringing up cars to the EA/ES to restock. You can always wait a bit and see what new cars come up. Also, no harm in asking an employee what is downstairs waiting to be brought up. I find a little bit of cash helps sometime

Last edited by wooward; Jun 12, 2015 at 2:51 am
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz Goldplus, Avis Preferred, SAS Eurobonus member, Flyingblue member, Hhonors Elite
Originally Posted by wooward
Read this thread and you'll get a feel for what is available.

Infinity Q50, Buick Lacrosse, Ford Fusion Titanium, Chrysler 300C, (in that order IMO) All can be found in ES.

3. I wondering if theres a difference from a Monday evening to a Tuesday morning?
The nicer cars are usually scarce earlier in the week. I don't typical rent earlier in the week so I'm not entirely sure. You can call the LAX location and ask for the Emerald Booth. The agent there can tell you what Mondays/Tuesdays usually are. LAX number is 310-338-8200.

Usually there are always employees bringing up cars to the EA/ES to restock. You can always wait a bit and see what new cars come up. Also, no harm in asking an employee what is downstairs waiting to be brought up. I find a little bit of cash helps sometime
Thanks a lot for the quick response. It seems like it really depends on season and that the Emerald Aisle generally is quite well stocked up on different cars. Will try my luck and see if theres a chance they have something else downstairs as you say.

Now I tried booking from the legacy site and the normal site, both are quoting around 1500$ for 18 days with the "intermediate" default choice. Just three days ago, I got a price more in the range of 1100$, both with a discount of around 100$ from a discount code and the membership contract id. Does the price really change that much so quickly?
ive tried incognitomode in the browser and from another ipadress. Same story. Ofcourse using autoslash and other 3rd party rental"trawlers" i get a pricerange a bit lower but it just seems quite high. Any experiences on that?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Jesper Regel
Now I tried booking from the legacy site and the normal site, both are quoting around 1500$ for 18 days with the "intermediate" default choice.
On Nationalcar.com look at the upper left of the page.
Above the word National.
Standard it says " United States / English"

To get the right rate but even more important to get the right insurances you change that into Denmark,or Germany, or United Kingdom
Did that ?

From there its all about choosing the right contract ID to get your best rate.
Try 8572130 . play a bit with the above mentioned countries.

And than try Contract ID 5005946 and state your from the UK
Choosing another country is no matter as long it's a European country !

Found you're rate ?
Apply than couponcode NDA234BR

Remember ; when you want to use your Emerald Club benefits its important to rente a midsize car.

If your afraid youre favorite car won't be availlable ?
Make a back-up booking for the specific desired car.

My back up is allways at Alamo.
Use contract ID LHF

At the exit booth you just cancel one booking.
Off and on the road ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.