Cars at LAX

Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by RastaPasta
Picked up at approx 7pm after dropping off a Mazda CX-9. Lot was very full with a 7 series and RR Discovery in premier. Plenty of standard fair, a few minivans, Mustangs, one Camaro. Also was a Ford Ranger, a 330i (that I was going to take initially) until they pulled up an X3. Decided to take the X3 since I like cars with local plates and could use the exrta room. The 330i was 2020 with over 40K on the odometer. The X3 was 2021 with 36k. Was disturbed regarding new ID requirement for local renters.
What are the new requirements? I was just looking on Nationals website but I dont see this.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
...Was disturbed regarding new ID requirement for local renters.
Please elaborate on this
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Please elaborate on this
made a separate thread on this
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Picked up at approx 7pm after dropping off a Mazda CX-9. Lot was very full with a 7 series and RR Discovery in premier. Plenty of standard fair, a few minivans, Mustangs, one Camaro. Also was a Ford Ranger, a 330i (that I was going to take initially) until they pulled up an X3. Decided to take the X3 since I like cars with local plates and could use the exrta room. The 330i was 2020 with over 40K on the odometer. The X3 was 2021 with 36k. Was disturbed regarding new ID requirement for local renters.
Did the 330i have Florida plates? If it did, I believe that's the one I rented last month.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Did the 330i have Florida plates? If it did, I believe that's the one I rented last month.
Yes, it did! Black 330i, kind of wish I took it.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Yes, it did! Black 330i, kind of wish I took it.
Truthfully, f the mileage. It drove beautifully and was fun.
Justin Case and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SQ Gold, MAR Plat, Hilton Gold
Picked up on 14DEC at about 15:30. Exec selection was pretty healthy, with a nice lineup of Audi Q3's, BMW X2's, and Infiniti Q50 and a huge assortment of various American SUVs. Also saw them pull in what looked like a Kia Telluride or Hyundai Palisade, but can't be sure. Ended up driving off in a blue Merc GLC with Washington plates after searching in vain for the previously mention 330i. Nice ride, although it smelled like the unsuccessfully tried to clean it up after a smoker had rented it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by echen1024
Picked up on 14DEC at about 15:30. Exec selection was pretty healthy, with a nice lineup of Audi Q3's, BMW X2's, and Infiniti Q50 and a huge assortment of various American SUVs. Also saw them pull in what looked like a Kia Telluride or Hyundai Palisade, but can't be sure. Ended up driving off in a blue Merc GLC with Washington plates after searching in vain for the previously mention 330i. Nice ride, although it smelled like the unsuccessfully tried to clean it up after a smoker had rented it.
similar experience when picking up on the the 19th. Saw multiple Audi and Mercedes SUVs. There was also a bunch on challengers and a q50. Went to grab an Audi A5 but realized it didnt have carplay so ended up with a white 330i with 40K on the clock. Car has been fine but realized the sunroof doesnt work as I drove up to Big Sur
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: National EE
Rental selection was much better leading up to the holidays. Things are been fairly empty though the past couple of days.

Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
meant to post this in DTW, so deleted it

Last edited by MarkCron; Jan 2, 2022 at 1:22 pm Reason: wrong thread
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MarkCron
meant to post this in DTW, so deleted it
There is no such restriction unless you were using a rate code that disallowed second drivers, which would be odd. What you got was a lazy agent who couldn't be bothered - you should have driven back and asked a supervisor to help set it up at the booth. Spilled milk at this point, but don't let an agent make up nonsense, always escalate to a supervisor.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
There is no such restriction unless you were using a rate code that disallowed second drivers, which would be odd. What you got was a lazy agent who couldn't be bothered - you should have driven back and asked a supervisor to help set it up at the booth. Spilled milk at this point, but don't let an agent make up nonsense, always escalate to a supervisor.
I thought it was weird, and possibly wasn't correct (in this case though, the weather was terrible, it was late, we had an hour and a half drive in the snow, and didn't really care much about which car).
The agent had trouble, and then called someone else in to help her.
It wasn't an issue with my rate, because second driver got added when I changed to the Honda.
I think the DTW agents did not want to let the X3 go on one way rental, but that is just a guess.
Thanks for comment that what agent said was incorrect. BTW I moved my post to the DTW thread, as I posted in LAX by mistake.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by MarkCron
I thought it was weird, and possibly wasn't correct (in this case though, the weather was terrible, it was late, we had an hour and a half drive in the snow, and didn't really care much about which car).
The agent had trouble, and then called someone else in to help her.
It wasn't an issue with my rate, because second driver got added when I changed to the Honda.
I think the DTW agents did not want to let the X3 go on one way rental, but that is just a guess.
Thanks for comment that what agent said was incorrect. BTW I moved my post to the DTW thread, as I posted in LAX by mistake.
It very likely wasn't the rate and was just an issue of a luxury vehicle with a younger driver. As a recent former younger renter, I couldn't rent anything luxury until I aged out of the policy. Enterprise's website notes the cars that those under 25 can drive: https://www.enterprise.com/en/help/f...-under-25.html. It was likely an under 25 issue.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by LAX2DCA
It very likely wasn't the rate and was just an issue of a luxury vehicle with a younger driver. As a recent former younger renter, I couldn't rent anything luxury until I aged out of the policy. Enterprise's website notes the cars that those under 25 can drive: https://www.enterprise.com/en/help/f...-under-25.html. It was likely an under 25 issue.
the 25 rule is location dependent and some locations don't enforce it. At least for primary driver I was able to get Q5 with no issues at some locations. I saw in the other post that it is a 20 yr old second driver, now that could be an issue because officially national only rents to 21 plus with exception of military on business orders and locations in NY and MI because of state laws.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by hourglass
the 25 rule is location dependent and some locations don't enforce it. At least for primary driver I was able to get Q5 with no issues at some locations. I saw in the other post that it is a 20 yr old second driver, now that could be an issue because officially national only rents to 21 plus with exception of military on business orders and locations in NY and MI because of state laws.
Yes, this was in DTW (MI), and second driver was 20. National never charged the $40 for the second driver, another mystery which makes me think they didn't even add the second driver to rental (or maybe my rate which does allow 9 additional drivers also includes under 25; thinking about it, this seems likely).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.