Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by arshtech
Hello I picked Toyota
Yaris, Corolla, Pick up?????
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by jknc09
I took one from the Executive lot two weeks ago in Denver and the car died after 200 miles, check engine light and car died. Another driver in Seattle had a similar experiences in the forum as well. Fully loaded and looks sharp, but just not worth the risk to me.

Was the check engine light on solid or was the light flashing?

thanks
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:18 pm

BMW745, it was on solid. We turned the car on and off 3 times to make sure it was not a gas lid not tight enough or a fluke.

Trip Report 08/24/13 @ 11:30 am

Booked Fullsize as an Executive and ended up taken and pretty loaded Ford Explorer which was nice as we need the third row.

EA Snapshot:
Altima, small SUV's, Fusion, Avenger, the standard cars

ES Snapshot
3 14' Impala LTZ
5 Maxima's, all base trims
4-5 Ford Tauras, all well appointed
1 Buick Enclave
1 Dodge Durango
1 Lincoln MKZ
2 Ford Explorers
4 GMC Acadia's

No Minivans, Tahoes, Suburbans on ES but they had a bunch on lot in the category section for reservations. An Impala, Tauras and Enclave all had the keys missing but the doors open. If your looking for a specific car, ask an attendent as some are very helpful and a few bucks thrown there way will not hurt. Car's came through the ramp up pretty quickly and dropped off to ES/EA as they were taken. Must have been 60 cars in EA and ES, very full.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Hi everyone, I reserved a Premium class vehicle. Looking at the selection, is there really a difference between a full-size and a premium class?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Hi everyone, I reserved a Premium class vehicle. Looking at the selection, is there really a difference between a full-size and a premium class?
Premium: Chrysler 300, Buick Lacrosse, Ford Taurus, Toyota Avalon, Nissan Maxima, 2014 Chevrolet Impala, Hyundai Genesis

FullSize: Dodge Charger, Ford Fusion, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Chevrolet Malibu
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:09 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by peteropny
Premium: Chrysler 300, Buick Lacrosse, Ford Taurus, Toyota Avalon, Nissan Maxima, 2014 Chevrolet Impala, Hyundai Genesis

FullSize: Dodge Charger, Ford Fusion, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Chevrolet Malibu

@GateGuardian Short answer is that there is not a meaningful difference in terms of size - the only real differences are that the Premium cars tend to be better equipped, but even that isn't always the case. Are you an Emerald Club member? At many locations (including LAX) there are often Premium class cars on the Emerald Aisle/Executive Selection which can be reserved at the midsize price.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Volvo XC60, 2 Mercedes C-Class, One Prius, Two Passats, tons of usual suspects Altimas, Impalas, Maximas, Camrys, and Taurus'
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:30 pm

How do non-elites generally make out at LAX? My status match is taking forever and I have a rental on Sunday.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by dwbf11
@GateGuardian Short answer is that there is not a meaningful difference in terms of size - the only real differences are that the Premium cars tend to be better equipped, but even that isn't always the case. Are you an Emerald Club member? At many locations (including LAX) there are often Premium class cars on the Emerald Aisle/Executive Selection which can be reserved at the midsize price.
Thanks, my corporate plan gave me a rate that is only about $10 difference between midsize and premium. So I just reserved a Premium just in case. I remember going to LAX last year and they were ALL Impalas
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
I have a one-way rental to SFO coming up and was wondering how LAX is with one-way rentals. I know some locations are very particular with the car you take while others have let me pick from the ES. Anyone have any insights?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Picked up a Cadillac XTS the other day. This was the only Luxury the location had left even the area next to the Escalator was empty.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: * A
any recent highlights at the premium/luxury at LAX? thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:12 am

Thursday Nov 7, 12pm

EA was almost empty, only a few impala and altima i think left.

ES was completely full and lots to choose from Volvo sedan, Maximas, new Impalas, 1 Genesis, Buick Lacross, and 3 GM full SUVs.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:38 pm

2pm today - EA and ES were full, overflowing. ES had a ton of large GM SUVs, many Challengers, Mustangs, and typical Taurus-Impala-Maxima-Lacrosse grade sedans ranging from basic to nicer. EA had a lot of Fusions Altimas and new Malibus, along with a few Sonatas and Optima. I had a premium reservation - premium section had a base Impala, a couple Taurii (base and Limited), basic Avalon and basic Genesis. Luxury was standard spec S60, MKZ, G37. I asked the attendant if I could browse through ES, no problem. I decided on a decently loaded Impala LTZ - pano, leather, several assists, etc. Not a bad car at all, staff were friendly and chatty too.

Upsell section was a couple of C class and Navigators. On the "specialty" row in with all the convertibles and a few trucks was an Acura ILX, basic spec.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:39 pm

wonder what EA will be like, on the 28th of nov at 630am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.