Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mistaleft
The only luxury they had was the XTS, which smelled like someone puked in it. I would've taken the Volvo (should've taken the Volvo) but I couldn't get the bluetooth to pair with my iPhone. From what I was told from my brother out there, Cali has a hands free law with a heavy fine. They wouldn't let me take the X5 on a luxury reservation, so I ended up with the 300c.

I asked if they could check if there were anymore luxury vehicles available that hadn't been put out yet, but was told that LAX doesn't pull out specific vehicles for customers unless you're VIP.
Yes Cali is a hands free state, but I always see people driving and holding a phone.

Sounds like a lazy crew in LAX.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

The Impalas are very nice. When the 300 broke down, I switched it up at ONT for an Impala 2LTZ. Only reason I didn't get it at LAX was because a family was already loading their stuff in it.
This is what I had at SFO, I was impressed that National had such an upscale model, mine had a sunroof, nav and heated and cooled seats. I noticed that they had my Impala as a Premium category, but still was charge a fullsize (the class I rented)
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:46 am

RE: Impala

I took one from the Executive lot two weeks ago in Denver and the car died after 200 miles, check engine light and car died. Another driver in Seattle had a similar experiences in the forum as well. Fully loaded and looks sharp, but just not worth the risk to me.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jknc09
I took one from the Executive lot two weeks ago in Denver and the car died after 200 miles, check engine light and car died. Another driver in Seattle had a similar experiences in the forum as well. Fully loaded and looks sharp, but just not worth the risk to me.
I have read this, but I am on my second 2014 Impala with no issues at all, sorry you had issues with yours. How did National handle this problem? comp you a day or the whole rental?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:42 am

I emailed them today actually, awaiting a responce and possibly compensation. Will let you know. BTW the check engine light came on and the engine just shut down. If your check engine light comes on, STOP DRIVING THE CAR! It last for a mile before the above happend.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:16 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Re: Impala LTZ

I was going to take a brand new Impala from the ES @ SNA. I've been wanting to try the new Impalas and thought this might be a good opportunity, it was brand new and an LTZ model with the panoramic sunroof and much nicer wheels (IMHO). As I was sitting in the car getting adjusted, I thought I would try the sunroof. As I pushed the power sunshade button, it started to make a horrible scraping noise as it opened. I noticed as it was opening, the soft material was gathering and bunching up behind the front bar, instead of smoothly disappearing like its supposed to (so I thought). It certainly didn't look correct, so I tried closing it... and it began to rip! It was literally hanging in shreds from the ceiling. The car had five miles on the odometer. Boy would I be pissed if I had just bought it. lol
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:33 am

Lol.. I've never seen so many reports of quality issues with 1 model on here! Chevy needs to get their act together.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Lol.. I've never seen so many reports of quality issues with 1 model on here! Chevy needs to get their act together.
Maybe it's just the West Coast Impalas. The ones here on the East Coast seem ok.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 3:50 pm

Any recent LAX EE or EA aisle sightings?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Friday 8/9 1am

ES Highlights:

2014 Impala LT
2013 Acura ILX
2013 300C (which I took)

Tons of Challengers, Chargers, and Dodge Journeys with a few Altimas sprinkled in.

Premium:
'13 BMW X5
'13 Caddy XTS
'13 Volvo S60
'13 Buick Enclave

Been a couple of years since I came to LAX. I must say, I was very disappointed with the selection and the service. With the exception of the '14 Impalas, none of the cars were under 12k miles and were quite dirty inside. I had used a couple of my free days on a luxury reservation, ended up getting a 300C that would later break down. As I checked out, the lady at the booth tried to tell me that I couldn't use my free days on a premium or above rental. Explained to her that I'm Exec. Elite and we can use free days on premium and above. Ended up having to get a manager to tell her free days can be used on premium and above.
Next time, I'll make sure to land in the afternoon at LAX. I've heard horror stories about the night crew there and I unfortunately had to experience a small bit of that.
Originally Posted by mrredskin
this thread gets updated quite often, so what more info do you want?
Run down of sedans and SUV's at the LAX recently would be awesome.
Originally Posted by peteropny
Latest report is less than a month old.
Jknc09, perhaps you'd be better off calling the location immediately before your arrival and asking them. The most recent report here is only nine days old but that doesn't seem to be sufficient for you. Trust us. No one is holding out information on you. If something more recent were available, it would have been posted.

I apologize for being so blunt but it gets tiring having folks bump threads with these kinds of requests. Like you, when I see that a thread has a new post, I hope to see that it actually has new, substantive content.

/rant off
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

DO you want up to the minute report of the type of cars they have?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
So I have a rental coming up in Nov, from my past three experience here, I don't see cross overs here in EA anymore, do you guys think its just safer to do an emerald reserve instead?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, National Emerald Executive, Hertz 5 *, Marriott Platinum
ES on Wednesday 8/21 had one Acadia, Ford Explorer, a couple of last year Impalas, three Altimas, two Sonata Hybrids, four Challengers, and I took a Ford Taurus Limited silver with CA plates. If anyone rents it, let me know if you find my personal car keys! Lost them in the car and have not had a lot of help from Lost and Found
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: DDF Gold Elite, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, PC PLT, BW DE, CC GE, CP PLT, HH GE, Accor PLT
Just took a MKZ
Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:25 am

Picked Toyota

Hello I picked Toyota

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.