Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I have National Executive status and will be renting from HNL soon. No matter what car class I select, my level of service is "Emerald Booth." Is this right? I thought it normally showed "Executive Selection."
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:07 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ncSam
I have National Executive status and will be renting from HNL soon. No matter what car class I select, my level of service is "Emerald Booth." Is this right? I thought it normally showed "Executive Selection."
HNL doesn't have a real EA/ES. Everyone at least has to get keys and car assigned at the booth since it's an open lot shared with other rental companies. There is a small ES "aisle" though for those eligible for ES.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
HNL doesn't have a real EA/ES. Everyone at least has to get keys and car assigned at the booth since it's an open lot shared with other rental companies. There is a small ES "aisle" though for those eligible for ES.
Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I should be good as Executive in terms of having access to this ES "aisle," haha.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Did two one-day rentals last week. No longer an Exec, but took a look at both sections.

On Monday morning, Exec stalls were mostly small SUVs (2x Escape; 2x Rogue; Tiguan), a Maxima, and a Challenger. Emerald stalls were 3x Impalas ('13 and "Limited"); '13 Malibu LTZ; and a relatively new '14 Sonata. I took the Sonata, which had around 100 miles on the odometer.

Saturday afternoon, Exec stalls were also mostly small SUVs, including a Cherokee. The Emerald stalls had 3x Altimas; a '14 Passat (that I could've sworn had aluminum wheels, not the base wheel covers); and a Sonata (one of those anomalies with the Hybrid's wheels). I missed the Passat by minutes, so I took a '14 Altima with just over 1K miles.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:41 am

A little late, but on Monday 4/14:

Challenger
Cherokee
Prius
Fusion Hybrid
Accord
Insight
300C
Maxima
Forester
Town and Country + Grand Caravan
Escape
Tahoe
Cruze
Jetta Wagon
Equinox
XTS <---this was parked near the office (adjacent to the car return area)
Old May 3, 2014, 1:09 am

Picked up this morning (5/2). Exec stalls had:
- 2x Nissan Maxima
- 1x Honda Accord
- 2x Dodge Challenger
- 2x Jeep Cherokee
- 2x Jeep Patriot

Emerald stalls had:
- 2x Nissan Altima
- 2x Hyundai Sonata

I was about to take a Sonata, but saw a well-worn 2013 Prius on the side. I asked if I could take it and was told, no problem. It had 21K miles and the bumpers were scuffed and scratched (told don't worry -- as long as it isn't detached, it's ok), but the novelty of driving a hybrid was worth it.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:39 pm

Late update -- this was a couple weeks ago, early Saturday morning:

Exec stalls:

- 3x Dodge Challengers
- 2x Jeep Compass
- 1x Buick Encore
- 2x Hyundai Tuscon
- 1x Nissan Maxima
- 1x Ford Fusion

Emerald stalls:

- 1x Hyundai Sonata
- 1x Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
- 1x Toyota Prius
- 3x Chevrolet Impala (old style)
- 1x Dodge Charger

The booth wasn't open yet, so I went to the counter. I had a full-size reservation; asked for a Fusion and was given a '14 Fusion Titanium with 2,600 miles. It is an awesome car. My passengers were very impressed.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:09 pm

Technically, I don't think those can be considered as "stalls".
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:34 am

I don't remember every car available for ES, but here are the ones that caught my eye:

-2x Dodge Challenger
-1x Ford Fusion
-1x Hyundai Tuscon
-1x Mazda CX-5
-1x Mustang Convertible

I took the 2014 Mustang Convertible with about 5k miles and enjoyed it. They also had a couple of brand new Chevy Tahoe LTs. Someone in my party rented one with about 300 miles on it and was impressed.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 2:54 am

My flight arrived early this morning and I got there around 15 minutes before the station actually opened at 5:30 am. The counter agent was still setting up, but was very helpful getting me in a car and on my way.

Since I walked from the terminal, I crossed through the lot and saw what was available before heading to the counter.

In ES:
- 1x Nissan Rogue
- 2x Buick Encore
- 2x Nissan Maxima
- 1x Honda Accord LX
- 1x Dodge Challenger

In EA:
- 3x Hyundai Sonata
- 2x Nissan Altima
- 1x Chevrolet Impala Limited

I had a full-size reservation and asked for a '14 Fusion SE 2.0L with the SE Luxury package 202A and 18" wheels parked in the ER stalls. Still relatively new with just under 6K on the odometer.

Still one of my favorite vehicles to rent, even in the SE grade (definitely the Titanium with the upgraded Sony audio, large screen, etc. is the top choice). Here's a short video of the different gauge clusters between the two.

While I was there, a manager came out to greet another passenger who was on the same flight. He had a brand new 2015 Tahoe pulled out in front waiting for him -- he was told he's good to go, nothing to sign.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
I have a reservation here in a couple weeks. I am Executive member...I am surprised HNL doesn't have a dedicated aisle at HNL. Anyway, is there much of a line when dealing with the booth? I am also a Hertz 5 star....I actually have no idea what that gives me...ha. I do know Hertz does have a gold aisle at some locations to bypass lines. My main point is to bypass waiting in a long line. Any advice would be helpful.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:04 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by koctail
I have a reservation here in a couple weeks. I am Executive member...I am surprised HNL doesn't have a dedicated aisle at HNL. Anyway, is there much of a line when dealing with the booth? I am also a Hertz 5 star....I actually have no idea what that gives me...ha. I do know Hertz does have a gold aisle at some locations to bypass lines. My main point is to bypass waiting in a long line. Any advice would be helpful.
It's been quite sometime but the few times in the past, the booth on the lot may have 1-2 people at it with 2-3 staff so barely any wait. The design of the rental lot being open doesn't lend itself to having a real Aisle.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:41 am

There are two booths. Wait times have been minimal, though my last two visits were before the booth opened (6:30 or 7:00....I forget) so I had to go to the counter (no line at that time).
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qantas Platinum, United S
Just completed a rental at HNL. Saw (in ES) several Accords and two door Mustangs, took a white Accord, with backup camera and etc, very happy.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:23 pm

Picked up a rental yesterday (Friday). Several changes since my last visit.

Virtual Aisle is available from the National app. It starts at 7 am. When I tried it at 7 am, I could select from a single white Altima.

Went straight to the booth and was told I would have to go to the counter first. At the counter, I was given my rental agreement and directed to the booth for car selection.

Exec had a Honda CR-V and a Tuscon. Emerald had the aforementioned Altima, a couple of '14 Sonatas, and a Maxima. I took the Maxima with 11K on the odometer (short video here).

Last edited by qs933; Feb 9, 2015 at 12:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.