Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by Collin03
Ok ill just leave res as is. Do they have wranglers on the lot for execs to take?
I haven't seen one in the exec stalls. If there is a Jeep, it's usually a small SUV (Liberty or Patriot).

Jeep Wranglers and convertibles are hot commodities here; they can charge more for them and people will pay. Can't blame National.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by qs933
I haven't seen one in the exec stalls. If there is a Jeep, it's usually a small SUV (Liberty or Patriot).

Jeep Wranglers and convertibles are hot commodities here; they can charge more for them and people will pay. Can't blame National.
Yep that's very true! Ive been to Maui several times and that always seems to be the case ill just book the class I want instead of taking chances
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:37 pm

Picked up a 1-day rental at HNL -- early morning, before the booth was open, so I had to go into the office for counter service.

I had already walked through the lot to see what was available, and I think the agent was thankful that she didn't have to dig through the basket full of keys to find me something to my liking.

In the ES stalls:
- 1x '13 300 (not a Limited)
- 1x Rogue
- 1x '13 Forester
- 1x '13 Accord (PCAR!)
- 2x '13 Escape SE (cloth interiors)
- 1x Patriot

In the EA stalls:
- 1x Charger
- 2x Impala (one LTZ)
- 1x Malibu 1LTZ (which is what I took)

The Malibu had just been placed in service in July and had just 700 miles.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Are the Lexus hybrids (CT200h, ES300h) still around at HNL?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:16 pm

EA had all Impalas when I arrived last Wednesday, 4-5 of them. Sad.

I didn't pay much attention to the ES stalls because I paid for an Economy car, but I saw an Executive jump in a Tucson. Also saw a Challenger.

I didn't see any Lexus hybrids.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
Picked up this morning. EA had 2 2013 impala ls's, 2013 Malibu lt, sonata gls, passat 2.5 and a sonata hybrid that I took. ES had 3 escape sel's and 2 tusons
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:49 pm

Anyone have any recent reports of what a full size SUV here has been lately? Reservation is for Tahoe or similar, hoping for an Enclave (or nicer!)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Little late post
12/26 Very SUV heavy and Very busy!
Premium:
-1x Cadenza
-1x 300
-1x 128i Coupe (no barcode )

ES:
-1x 500L (mine, 572 mi)
-3x Explorer
-3x Murano
-1x '14 Impala
-1x Pilot (PGAR)
-1x Traverse
-1x Terrain

EA:
-pick your Altima
-1x '13 Civic
-1x Fusion Titanium
-pick your Captiva
-1x Tucson

Return/Misc
-Caravans
-fights over Stangs (DYKWIA prevailed)
-Enclaves
-totalled Wrangler being towed away
Old Dec 29, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
There is a Wrangler Sahara in the HNL fleet now... but it's a hard top. Kinda defeats the purpose of renting one.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I'm sort of new to the national executive membership...

I currently have a reservation with a midsize car booked (via a free upgrade coupon from compact). I am an executive member. Will I have access to the executive section? Is this the "ES" mentioned in above posts?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It is.

The program instruction for ES is reserve full size (at the midsize rate) to get access to ES. I, and others, have found that reserving midsize also works.

Your confirmation will show level of service. If it says Exec Selection, you're good to go. If it says Emerald Reserve, they've targeted you with that Compact rate and you will be pointed to a midsize row (or perhaps the Emerald Aisle).
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:15 pm

First time renting from National

I have National Executive status from AMEX Platinum

I'm planning on making a rental reservation for 5/3/14 to 5/11/14 from HNL. The best prices I've found so far is on the Chase UR Mall - Intermediate ($345.26) and Fullsize ($379.42).

We'll be a travelling family for 4 (two adults and two 3-yr-olds). Does it really matter whether I book a intermediate or fullsize vehicle (i.e. would I get the same vehicle selection due to my Executive status?) I don't mind paying a little extra if there is truly a benefit.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Originally Posted by JWEMTX
I have National Executive status from AMEX Platinum

I'm planning on making a rental reservation for 5/3/14 to 5/11/14 from HNL. The best prices I've found so far is on the Chase UR Mall - Intermediate ($345.26) and Fullsize ($379.42).

We'll be a travelling family for 4 (two adults and two 3-yr-olds). Does it really matter whether I book a intermediate or fullsize vehicle (i.e. would I get the same vehicle selection due to my Executive status?) I don't mind paying a little extra if there is truly a benefit.
HNL can be a crapshoot sometimes. Personally I would book ICAR and take your chances. You may end up with something great on the aisle, but worse case, you can always ask for something from the SCAR/FCAR lane. It is counter service here so it may be easier to work an upgrade (depends who you get).
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA-Plat AS-MVPG
Originally Posted by mobil11030
There is a Wrangler Sahara in the HNL fleet now... but it's a hard top. Kinda defeats the purpose of renting one.
Not for me, I can use the 4wd on the windfarms

Doubt I'll ever see it on the aisle though
Old Feb 22, 2014, 4:41 pm

Picked up this morning (Saturday 2/22) -- before the booth opened. Had a minivan reserved since it was the cheapest, but "offered" to take something off ES or EA if they wanted to keep the single van on the lot for someone who needed it.

In the ES stalls were:

- 1x Dodge Challenger
- 3x Jeep Cherokee Latitudes
- 1x VW Tiguan
- 1x Nissan Maxima ('14)

In the EA stalls:
- 3x VW Passats (at least one was a '14)
- 1x Ford Fusion SE

At first, was told I needed to take the minivan (which was fine with me -- it was a brand new Caravan), but was then offered a car or SUV from ES or EA. I took a '14 Cherokee with 2K miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.