Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Very slim pickings for me. Only an impala and Altima. Chose the Altima but was really run down at 18000 miles. They don't really distinguish between ES and EA. Was not helpful in trying to secure a better vehicle. Told me to take it or leave it!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
I had to drop folks off at the airport this morning; on my way out, I could see the National lot from the freeway. There was a Forrester and a Dodge Journey in The Exec stalls. The EA stalls had a Nissan Cube and a few other relatively small cars (not Impalas). The lot looked pretty empty overall.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:39 am

Picked up this morning. Both ES and EA were well stocked, unlike the other day.

ES:
- 3x Subaru Forrester
- 1x 300 Limited
- 1x Equinox
- 1x Tiguan
- 1x '13 Fusion Hybrid
- 1x Patriot
- 1x Altima Coupe

EA:
- 1x '12 Malibu
- 1x Mazda 6 (looked well worn)
- 1x '13 Charger
- 1x '13 Altima
- 1x Impala

I took the Fusion Hybrid. I've been wanting to try the '13 Fusion, and was excited to see one -- and it was a hybrid too -- in the ES stalls.
Old May 4, 2013, 7:33 pm

Picked up this afternoon.

ES:
- 1x Jeep Compass
- 3x Jeep Patriot
- 2x '13 Ford Escape SLT (couple months old)
- 1x '12 Dodge Charger SE
- 1x '12 Chrysler 300 Limited
- 1x '13 Honda Accord LX (what I took)

EA:
- 2x VW Passats
- 1x '13 Dodge Charger with the R/T model's wheels (18" polished aluminum)
- Multiple other Dodge Chargers ('12 and '13 in SE trim)

I took the Accord since I wanted to drive the redesigned '13 model and it was virtually brand new (400 miles). However, like the prev-gen, it's classified as a PCAR, even in an LX trim that seems to be in-line with other full-size sedans (Charger SE, Altima S, Camry LE). Cloth seats are one thing, but no power-adjustments for the seat in a PCAR?
Old May 4, 2013, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
Picked up this afternoon.

ES:
- 1x Jeep Compass
- 3x Jeep Patriot
- 2x '13 Ford Escape SLT (couple months old)
- 1x '12 Dodge Charger SE
- 1x '12 Chrysler 300 Limited
- 1x '13 Honda Accord LX (what I took)

EA:
- 2x VW Passats
- 1x '13 Dodge Charger with the R/T model's wheels (18" polished aluminum)
- Multiple other Dodge Chargers ('12 and '13 in SE trim)

I took the Accord since I wanted to drive the redesigned '13 model and it was virtually brand new (400 miles). However, like the prev-gen, it's classified as a PCAR, even in an LX trim that seems to be in-line with other full-size sedans (Charger SE, Altima S, Camry LE). Cloth seats are one thing, but no power-adjustments for the seat in a PCAR?
Wow, that's lame that they a) kept the Accord as a PCAR and b) it's with cloth seats. I really don't understand the justification.
Old May 4, 2013, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Wow, that's lame that they a) kept the Accord as a PCAR and b) it's with cloth seats. I really don't understand the justification.
My only thought is that the higher rate (in theory) generated by a PCAR classification is the only way to financially justify placing a relatively low volume of Hondas into the fleet. Otherwise, I don't see any differentiation that would justify classifying an Accord LX higher than a similarly trimmed Camry, Altima, Malibu, or Sonata.

It would be a great FCAR -- it has a huge multimedia screen, Pandora streaming, backup camera, and is very smooth and quiet (much quieter than the last Altima I rode in). All of the family sedans above have trade-offs (some with Smart Key, some with better infotainment, etc.).
Old May 5, 2013, 12:38 am

Did the Accord have a sunroof?
Old May 5, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: IHG Plat, JGC, Asiana Diamond, National EE
the only difference i see is accord's base price is the only car above 25k before delivery. but still.. premium car with cloth?
Old May 5, 2013, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Earthlings
Did the Accord have a sunroof?
No sunroof; you need to step up to the EX model for a moonroof.

Base price of the LX with the CVT is $22,480 plus destination charge. The EX (still with cloth, but adds the moonroof, push button start, and the cool Lanewatch camera) is $25,405 plus destination.

I'm guessing the Accord LX may have lowest MSRP of any PCAR in the fleet?
Old May 28, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT / SPG Gold / National EE / Amex Plat / Visa Infinite / A|Club PLT
Took a car for a week that i just returned on Sunday.
On pick up and return the ES aisle had roughly the same selection:
- 3x jeep (SUV style, not the wrangler style)
- 2x sub forrester
- 3x ford escape w/ Sync
- 2x charger
- 1x camaro
- chevy cruzes, 300, etc
- i took the one Ford Fusion hybrid with 3k miles on the odo
- NO convertibles: from the attendants "they keep them out for convertible reservations only because they have so few"

Did 420miles on one tank at roughly 44mpg over one week. Sync is nice and bluetooth music streaming from the phone worked well enough although Sync has what i think is the worst UI ever created.
Very amicable attendants on arrival helped me go over the selection

Last edited by hobbescene; May 28, 2013 at 2:47 pm Reason: referred correct aisle
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Wait so does HNL have ES? I booked a car for here several months ago but it gave me emerald booth. Im exec elite in process of becoming a VIP.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:02 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Yes, per our stickied thread at the top of the forum page, HNL is an Aisle location. Perhaps at the time of booking you weren't an Emerald Club member?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Yes, per our stickied thread at the top of the forum page, HNL is an Aisle location. Perhaps at the time of booking you weren't an Emerald Club member?
I have been for a long time now. Im actually a VIP (in process of getting VIP so technically im a exec elite.) So should I just cancel and rebook?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Collin03
I have been for a long time now. Im actually a VIP (in process of getting VIP so technically im a exec elite.) So should I just cancel and rebook?
I think "emerald booth" is what it states on my reservations. Although there are EA and ES sections, there is a booth in the lot that you need to check in with for the keys and to process your rental. The lot is not secure, so no keys in the car.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
I think "emerald booth" is what it states on my reservations. Although there are EA and ES sections, there is a booth in the lot that you need to check in with for the keys and to process your rental. The lot is not secure, so no keys in the car.
Ok ill just leave res as is. Do they have wranglers on the lot for execs to take?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.