Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by jbarm
Buick was a nice ride with leather, seat heaters (a must in Hawaii ) and all the bells and whistles. Drove nice and was impressive. Not my fathers Buick.
As absurd as it may sound, I really like the heated seats in my new 4Runner. Anything below 70 degrees is cold for us locals.
Old May 12, 2012, 1:00 am

Picked up a one day rental this morning. Lot was packed with cars, including a bunch of 300 Limiteds (all with leather, the 8-speed trans and 8-inch touch screen) and Chargers. The booth agent said they were delivered yesterday.

The ES stalls had:

- 1x Jeep Liberty
- 1x Buick Lucerne
- 3x Chrysler 300 Limited (one 2011, two brand new 12s)

The EA stalls had Malibus, Impalas, and two brand new Chargers.

I had a PCAR reservation and finally got to drive a Buick Lacrosse. It was a silver '12 Premium I with around 2,800 miles. Nice car, but those thick A-pillars cause huge blind spots.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: UA-Plat AS-MVPG
Does HNL still have an EA/ES? I see it has dropped off the list on the EA web page.

I just hit executive and I want to know if I should book midsize for an asle or just book a SUV/Premium?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Was there Sat/Sunday

Saturday - slim pickins. A Malibu, Camry, Lincoln Town Car, Nissan Rogue and a Sonata that we took - a piece of crap that had been beaten senseless by previous renters (over 15K miles), had almost no suspension left and pulled to the right.

Sunday (returning the Sonata), saw one convertible, an Impala, Malibu, Cadillac
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:36 pm

Picked up Friday morning (8/24). ES had 4 '12 300 Limiteds and a Chevy Captiva (old Saturn Vue). EA had the usual mix of Malibus and Impalas.

I took a 300 Limited with the large screen and 8-speed auto. Delivered in August and with 800 miles on the odometer. Still one of my favorite cars, but the bright plastic wood isn't very convincing. I liked the blackish-tinged trim in the 300 I rented last year.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum
Cars at HNL

Thursday 9/6 at around 10pm. EA had only malibus. ES had a genesis and can't remember the small suv.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:27 am

Are they doing away with Executive Aisle at HNL? I just booked a reservation for a couple of weeks from now. Usually, my reservation shows "Executive Aisle & Service." My booking at HNL shows only "Emerald Booth" and it tells me to go to the booth to pick up my keys. Will I still get EA choice?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum
I don't think they officially have an emerald aisle but you do have a selection of cars to choose from. Only difference is you have to tell the attendant the car you would like instead of checking out at an exit booth.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lkar
Are they doing away with Executive Aisle at HNL?
HNL is not presently on the EA master list.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:52 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by earny
I don't think they officially have an emerald aisle but you do have a selection of cars to choose from. Only difference is you have to tell the attendant the car you would like instead of checking out at an exit booth.
It's a "pseudo-EA/ES" since there is no separate exit booth just for National, they can't leave keys in the cars, there is a "EA/ES" booth right next to the "EA/ES" where you can see the car selection, tell them which one you want, and they'll check you out and give you the keys to that car.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA-Gold, DL-Silver, MR-Silver, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum, AClub-Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
It's a "pseudo-EA/ES" since there is no separate exit booth just for National, they can't leave keys in the cars, there is a "EA/ES" booth right next to the "EA/ES" where you can see the car selection, tell them which one you want, and they'll check you out and give you the keys to that car.
So, if I book a midsize, I go to the booth and ask for a car from EA/ES and pay midsize rate at this location?

Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by iszabo
So, if I book a midsize, I go to the booth and ask for a car from EA/ES and pay midsize rate at this location?

Thanks.
Yes.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 2:12 am

If you go early (before 7am, but I've had this happen after 7 when the booth employee was "late for work"), you will need to go to the counter. When this happens, I make it a habit to walk the EA/ES stalls first to see what I want and ask the counter for the specific vehicle.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Last Friday the Exec stalls included a line of shiny new Ford Escape Ecoboost, a 300 and a few other odds and ends. Took the Escape, and while it was a nice ride, I've never experienced such horrific gas mileage....it was like driving a Bentley Turbo around the island....except the Bentley would have saved me on gas.

On Sunday, there was a convertible, some nondescript SUVs, and the usual Malibu/Camry/Altima
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Last Friday the Exec stalls included a line of shiny new Ford Escape Ecoboost, a 300 and a few other odds and ends. Took the Escape, and while it was a nice ride, I've never experienced such horrific gas mileage....it was like driving a Bentley Turbo around the island....except the Bentley would have saved me on gas.

On Sunday, there was a convertible, some nondescript SUVs, and the usual Malibu/Camry/Altima
Having rented at HNL for 2 - 3 weeks at a time over many years, I can tell you that I have never gotten the rated City mileage over that multi week rental. My last rental was a Malibu rated at 22 City, I got 18 over 3 weeks and two tank fills. Slow street speeds and hills and semi-urban driving does a number on mileage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.