Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Picked up early this morning -- different experience from last Friday. I went to the counter (rather than the booth) and was asked why I didn't go to the booth as an Emerald Club member since it was open.

Exec had:
- Chevy Camaro Convertible (2x)
- Ford Mustang hardtop
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- Hyundai Tuscon
- Nissan Maxima (2x)

Emerald had:
- '14 Hyundai Sonata (several)
- Altima
- Fusion SE with Luxury package
- '15 Jetta SE

I took the '15 Jetta with just 32 miles on the odometer (short video here). One nice touch was the bottled water (which I didn't get last week).

Last edited by qs933; Nov 16, 2014 at 12:28 am
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
This location has a ton of camero and mustang convertibles. App states that virtual aisle is available but it does not work. EA was any kind of intermediate suv you would want and this location has no lux or premium cars.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
EE had bunch of CRV's and Subaru Foresters today. Regular EA had some VW Passats, Chevy Malibu, and some Dodge's.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:50 pm

2 weeks ago EE was all Jeep Compasses and 1 Forester. EA had a few chargers, an Accord, and some Altimas. Super nice staff there who gave me an Infiniti Q50. Free bottles of water are a nice touch also.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:02 pm

Picked up early this morning.

Exec was Intermediate SUV-heavy with just one sedan:
- Jeep Compass
- Jeep Cherokee
- Subaru Forrester (4x, all less than a couple months old)
- Hyundai Tucson
- Ford Escape (2x)
- Dodge Charger (2015)

EA was all full-size sedans:
- Toyota Camry (2x, both 2015)
- VW Passat (2015 Wolfsburg Edition)
- Nissan Altima
- Dodge Charge (2014)
- Hyundai Sonata (2x, both 2015)

I took the 2015 Dodge Charger (short movie of it starting up); had around 1,600 miles on it. It had the Popular Package with remote start and parking sensors, but no backup camera.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:05 pm

3 convertibles on Executive Elite Aisle

One a mustang convertible, other two camaros. Just spotted about an hour and a half ago.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Surprised that there are no Jeep Wranglers at this location.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold 75K
Picked up two weeks ago.

Exec had nothing but new Ford Escapes and Jeep Cherokees

Ended up taking a 2015 Dodge Charger with less than 60 miles on it. Not a bad choice considering it had remote start and backup sensors.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Didn't see any convertibles the last few times I've been there. Exec had mostly Subaru Foresters and some VW Passats.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am confused .. I arrived around the 7th of April and was told this is not an Emerald Aisle location. I had tried to use the virtual aisle when I landed but it was not working. Perhaps it was recently removed??

When I arrived at the location, I was told they only had Intermediate sized cars and could not offer me anything else. I told them I needed something that held more people and they said nothing was available.

The agent was kind enough to offer to go inside and see if I could speak to the manager. She returned shortly and told me the only alternative they could offer was for me to rent a 2nd car.

I persisted that there must be something that would work for me. She again went inside and this time the manager came out to personally tell me there was nothing he could do to for me. I told him I would try elsewhere and he cancelled my reservation.

I walked next door and rented a suitable minivan from Budget. I tweeted about the situation and National CS responded within the hour. They called me quickly and are working on providing a gesture to show how they appreciate my past loyalty.

I believe I had about 6 rentals last year and about 20 nights.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by runfromthefire
I am confused .. I arrived around the 7th of April and was told this is not an Emerald Aisle location. I had tried to use the virtual aisle when I landed but it was not working. Perhaps it was recently removed??

When I arrived at the location, I was told they only had Intermediate sized cars and could not offer me anything else. I told them I needed something that held more people and they said nothing was available.

I persisted that there must be something that would work for me. She again went inside and this time the manager came out to personally tell me there was nothing he could do to for me. I told him I would try elsewhere and he cancelled my reservation.
HNL is not an Emerald Aisle location. There is a list:

https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/ca...locations.html

What car class had you reserved?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:59 pm

HNL is an Emerald Booth location. They have around 7 or 8 cars in an Executive section and around the same in an Emerald Club section.

When you check in at the booth, you'll be told to select from the appropriate section and then given the keys and rental agreement (and, usually, a bottle of water).

Sounds like they were short on cars...or you needed to carry more than 5 people.

Last edited by qs933; Apr 14, 2015 at 8:36 pm
Old May 3, 2015, 6:16 pm

Picked up last Friday (May 1) in the morning.

Exec selection:
- Jeep Patriot
- Subaru Forester (4x)
- Ford Escape SE
- Dodge Challenger (1x '15, 1x '14)
- Ford Mustang ('14)

In the Emerald stalls:
- multiple Altimas
- 2x Jettas ('15)
- 1x Fusion SE with moonroof and leather

I wanted to take a Challenger, but there was no way 4 people and luggage would fit. Ended up with a Forester (short video here). First one I was assigned didn't have a full tank of gas and had rubbish in the cup holders. The agent in the booth had me take another one.

Last edited by qs933; May 9, 2015 at 9:49 pm Reason: Added link to start up video
Old May 9, 2015, 2:06 pm

Picked up this morning.

Exec selection:
- 1x Jeep Cherokee
- Multiple Subaru Foresters
- 1x Nissan Maxima

Emerald:
- 1x '15 Hyundai Sonata
- 2x '14 Hyundai Sonatas
- 2x '15 Dodge Chargers

I had a premium reservation -- was offered a 2014 300, 2014 Maxima (which was in the Exec stalls), any intermediate SUV (also in the Exec stalls), a Camaro convertible, or a 2015 Wrangler 4dr. Asked if they had anything else and was given a 2014 Infiniti Q50. I was pleased; it had almost 17K miles on it, but it was clean and drove well.

Last edited by qs933; Oct 12, 2015 at 3:23 am
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:06 am

Hi Everyone,
Quick question. Since this isn't a true Emerald Aisle location, how is this handled for non Exec folks here at HNL?

At other airports I have just reserved Midsize (or above) and gone to the Aisle to select the car I want. Is it the same here, just instead of picking from the Aisle, I can just go straight to the booth in the lot to be given keys?

Do I still need to do MidSize or above for this? Also their site seems to list Economy, Compact, Intermediate as the first three sizes. I dont see Midsize.

Scott

Last edited by trout11; Jun 12, 2015 at 10:07 am Reason: add

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.