Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
Picked up Monday morning. I missed a brand new 2018 Camry (redesigned model) on the Exec line by a few minutes! Strike one.
Alright, looks like 2018s are trickling in!!!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Picked up early this morning. Last week I was disappointed that I missed a 2018 Camry by a few minutes. This week, I was greeted by a sea of identical 2018 Camry LEs in Executive and Emerald in your choice of white, silver, or gray.

All were reportedly just put into service that morning, which is why their license plates were almost sequential.

However, having just checked off the 2018 Camry LE with my Enterprise rental in Vegas, I was looking for something else.

There was a lone gold 2017 Accord on the Exec line, along with a well-worn 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe and a Jeep Wrangler 4dr. The Emerald line had a Subaru Impreza and an Altima SV. I was about to drive off in the Santa Fe when an attendant pulled up in a 2018 Chevy Equinox LT AWD, so I did a quick exchange at the counter. Right as I was leaving, a new Compass Latitude was also placed on the Exec line.

When I returned later in the day, a GMC Acadia and an Audi Q3 were the notable additions to the Exec line.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:22 pm

Looks like this is the time of the year that 2018s are basically being swapped in! Just looked at around at the Compass on Jeep's website and I definitely like the styling that much more resembles a baby Grand Cherokee. Much more handsome.

The new 2018 Jeeps were also revealed recently and that would be very nice to see next year when they show up on the rental lots.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:31 am

Monday evening. Exec row was really empty, only the first ~5 spots had cars.

Audi A6 (someone already sitting it, missed it by just a few minutes it looked like, otherwise I definitely would've taken this one)
Accord
Taurus
Camry LE x2 (2018s, took a brown one, very practical and ergonomical)
Dodge Grand Caravan

EA was full of the usual suspects: Corollas, Altimas, couple of Subarus. Nothing too exciting here tonight.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:52 am

The nice thing about the Toyotas is that even the base grade, which is what you’ll usually find at HNL, includes the full Toyota Safety Sense suite. I rented a 2018 Camry LE in Vegas and the dynamic radar cruise control worked well.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:52 pm

The nice thing about the Toyotas is that even the base grade, which is what you’ll usually find at HNL, includes the full Toyota Safety Sense suite. I rented a 2018 Camry LE in Vegas and the dynamic radar cruise control worked well.
Very true and a great standard feature.

Small/quick update on HNL.

Thursday evening at around 530pm.
2018 Toyota Camry LE xmany (virtually the entire EA row was full of this in all colors, about 1/3 of ES had Camrys, PLUS they were parking more Camrys behind the regular rows, likely in preparation for incoming flights)
Subaru Forester
2018 Equinox
probably a CR-V or two

2018 Toyota Prius Two (took this one, never tried out a prius before. Love the MPG and silence, and very roomy inside....the performance is obviously lacking, lol)

The shifter definitely need to get used to (was backing out of a spot, and then couldn't firgure out how to shift it back into D from N) and is not as intuitive as others I've used. Basic entertainment, decent audio system, but no Nav.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:35 am

I wouldn't mind trying a Prius. The last one I rented was either a 2014 or 2015, before the redesign.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:00 pm

Wednesday at 1230pm.

More interesting selection today.

EA - Camry xMany, usual suspects noted (Corolla, Altimas)

ES:
Forester x2
CRV AWD x2
Grand Cherokee Limited x1
Camaro RS x3 (took a dark gray one, yellow, silver, all hardtops no verts)
Audi Q3 x2 (very interesting, non-AWD versions, likely higher mileage examples downgraded into ES row)
Couple of Camrys here as well

No Mustang or any Wranglers or any Accords (which usually is a frequent sightings here).

Forgot how bad the visibility is out of the Camaro, but is nice to move out of a hybrid and get back into something more sporty again.
Likely I would imagine car availability to go back up again as many tourists head back to life from the christmas/new year vacation.

The Camaro does have the RS package which is nice...20-in wheels, LED head and back lights, and the decklid spoiler. Interior is the regular 1LT trim so it's not as featured as it could be, but does have android auto with no built in nav and no upgraded sound system...which is fine for me and the standard features are pretty good with the power everything and backup camera. No parking sensors and no active driving assist techs AFAIK...

One small thing is that at idle, sitting in traffic, I do feel just a tiny bit hint of motor vibration coming through into the interior and can feel my seat just vibrate a bit with the motor idling....hopefully it's just to this car and not a system wide issue....though not sure if anyone else can comment on this.

Should be interesting to see if newer/diff models pop up on the aisles as I continue to check-in periodically.

Last edited by ginmqi; Jan 3, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Should be interesting to see if newer/diff models pop up on the aisles as I continue to check-in periodically.
I’m hoping to see a 2018 Accord in the fleet. Even if it’s just an LX, it would be nice to compare it to the 2018 Camry.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:38 pm

I’m hoping to see a 2018 Accord in the fleet. Even if it’s just an LX, it would be nice to compare it to the 2018 Camry.
Indeed. Should be interesting to see more 2018s arrive into the aisles. They may be switching out accords as I haven't seen a 2018 accord yet. Would suck if it was just replaced by all the Camrys they just bought.

Looks like the Camaro is just idling a wee bit rough at idle...can tell the idle rpm needle bounce ever so slightly...ah well, it makes me feel like I'm in a old school muscle car with a big motor and aggressive cam profile, heh.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:44 pm

made premium car reservation on 12/30. picked up around at 4pm. Gave me Lincoln MKC.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Heading to HNL today, I'll report back what's there
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bretthexum
Heading to HNL today, I'll report back what's there
Arrived about 4 PM and it was picked clean. A few trucks ?? , a Camry, a Camaro, and an Accord in exec side. The usual HNL in the emerald aisle. One thing to note is they were extremely busy. I've never seen a line more than 3-4 people but there must have been 20 waiting.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:11 pm

How often do you guys see Minivans or large SUVs (Expedition or larger) in either emerald aisle or exec side at HNL?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Master Ice
How often do you guys see Minivans or large SUVs (Expedition or larger) in either emerald aisle or exec side at HNL?
From my experience, both are rare on the Emerald or Exec lines at HNL. If you absolutely need a vehicle of that size, I’d reserve one. Intermediate 5-seat CUVs like the CR-V or Rogue are more likely.

That being stated, I have occasionally seen 3-row SUVs on Exec — Santa Fe and Journey. I’ve also seen an Acadia in Exec.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.