Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:18 pm

Looking for some help here, Exec member headed to HNL for the first time, based on the pictures above and the descriptions looks like there is an emerald aisle and exec. aisle at this location, but National's website says there is not an emerald Aisle at HNL. Is there an aisle or do I have to go to a rental counter?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by txspartan
Looking for some help here, Exec member headed to HNL for the first time, based on the pictures above and the descriptions looks like there is an emerald aisle and exec. aisle at this location, but National's website says there is not an emerald Aisle at HNL. Is there an aisle or do I have to go to a rental counter?
It's a hybrid of sorts.

There is a EA and a EC/ES aisle. But the doors are locked and the keys are kept at the counter. You can walk up and down and pick your choice of car (have a backup or two if its busy) and tell the counter agent which car you'd like and they'll grab the keys. If it's busy people may be grabbing cars quickly so you need to be either quick or have several choices ready.

It's setup this way due to the way the HNL parking garage is setup so there is only 1 common egress out of the large structure shared by many rental companies on various floors (National is on the 4th floor)....hence no ability to do gate-check outs like other aisle locations.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:05 pm

Small update for this week. Aside from the usual (Camrys, Imprezas, CRVs, HRVs, Altimas)

Did see a new Impala Premier, also spotted couple of the new Chrysler Pacificas and a new Edge Titanium.

Also new Equinox and new Acadia as well. The Acadia is a 4WD SEL trim BUT has the inline 4 and you can tell its under powered. The Edge Titanium is just right with the 2L I4 ecoboost (only the Sport has the 2.7L V6 ecoboost, Otherwise normal 3.5L V6 for optional in Titanium trim)

Last edited by ginmqi; Feb 1, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Small update for this week. Aside from the usual (Camrys, Imprezas, CRVs, HRVs, Altimas)

Did see a new Impala Premier, also spotted couple of the new Chrysler Pacificas and a new Edge Titanium.

Also new Equinox and new Acadia as well. The Acadia is a 4WD SEL trim BUT has the inline 4 and you can tell its under powered. The Edge Titanium is just right with the 3.5L V6 ecoboost

The titanium either comes with the V6 no ecoboost or the inline 4 ecoboost
ginmqi likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
The titanium either comes with the V6 no ecoboost or the inline 4 ecoboost
Ah, I stand corrected. This is correct. Looks like the Edge Sport is the one with the 2.7L V6 ecoboost.
Closingracer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:27 pm

Ah, I stand corrected. This is correct. Looks like the Edge Sport is the one with the 2.7L V6 ecoboost.

And honestly the 2L ecoboost engine is the better one for this Crossover. The more torque makes it feels smoother then the naturally aspirated V6 which offer more Horsepower at the expense of torque.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
And honestly the 2L ecoboost engine is the better one for this Crossover. The more torque makes it feels smoother then the naturally aspirated V6 which offer more Horsepower at the expense of torque.
Very true. I was surprised at how much lower end grunt it had...after I found it "only" had the 2L ecoboost which made it feel like a bigger motor. Definitely a proper and fair motor for this size of car. And really I see lot of car makers going to turbo now...just drove a Mercedes CLA 250 over at OGG and it had a turbo 4 that was quite peppy as well. And Honda, Ford, BMW, Audi, all going more and more turbo in their cars.

I had also recently driven a new GMC Acadia from national as well just about 1 week prior and that I think had a non-turbo 4-cylinder and it definitely you can tell was a bit down on torque/lower-end power and I thought that motor was bit under for the size/weight of that car.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:56 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I find it interesting that some of you think the Ecoboost Edge is superior to the NA version...

I haven't driven the six cylinder version of the current model Edge, but I had an Ecoboost version for two months and while the vehicle itself was very nice (Titanium trim), I found the engine and transmission to be abysmal...

Completely underpowered and pulling out into traffic or trying to pass was a crapshoot as occasionally the engine would respond adequately, but more often than not it would either stall for a few seconds before accelerating, or take a very leisurely stroll to get to the desired speed...

Someone else on here suggested that this can be due to running on regular vs premium fuel...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
I find it interesting that some of you think the Ecoboost Edge is superior to the NA version...

I haven't driven the six cylinder version of the current model Edge, but I had an Ecoboost version for two months and while the vehicle itself was very nice (Titanium trim), I found the engine and transmission to be abysmal...

Completely underpowered and pulling out into traffic or trying to pass was a crapshoot as occasionally the engine would respond adequately, but more often than not it would either stall for a few seconds before accelerating, or take a very leisurely stroll to get to the desired speed...

Someone else on here suggested that this can be due to running on regular vs premium fuel...
I've been running this edge titanium that i have with avis with regular 87 and dontd have any issues. Problems with the V6 is that the torque while adequate for the job its still has less then the 2L. I can pass people fine with it.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Picked up Sunday afternoon with a luxury reservation (was cheaper than full-size; love it when that happens).

Emerald line:
- Maxima (not sure which trim)
- Fusion SE (had upgraded wheels, so maybe with an option package or two?)
- ‘18 Camry LE
- Corolla LE
- Frontier Crew Cabs (2x)
- ‘17 CR-V EX
- ‘17 CR-V LX
- Impreza

Executive line:
- Multiple 2018 Camaro SS coupes
- Frontier Crew Cab
- Santa Fe
- Maxima SL
- Camry LE
- Accord LX

For my luxury reservation, I was given a choice of a 2018 Audi A6 or a Cadillac XT5. I took the A6, which was a Premium model (the “base”) with no options.

Last edited by qs933; Feb 25, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:13 pm

Interesting to see they park a Maxima on the EA side instead of the EC side. Good to see then adding the more powerful SS Camaros to the line-up. I'm still hoping for a 2018 Mustang GT addition but seems like this may not occur anytime soon.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:51 pm

Interesting to see they park a Maxima on the EA side instead of the EC side. Good to see then adding the more powerful SS Camaros to the line-up. I'm still hoping for a 2018 Mustang GT addition but seems like this may not occur anytime soon.
Was surprised to see it there too. It was gone by the time I left. They also parked the CR-Vs on the Emerald side, including the one in EX-trim. However, the Exec side was fairly full. I’m wondering if the Camaros are actually slow movers on the line. Unless you’re traveling with only one other person and with minimal luggage, it’s not really that practical.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
Was surprised to see it there too. It was gone by the time I left. They also parked the CR-Vs on the Emerald side, including the one in EX-trim. However, the Exec side was fairly full. I’m wondering if the Camaros are actually slow movers on the line. Unless you’re traveling with only one other person and with minimal luggage, it’s not really that practical.
Yeah, could be lot of fun for a single guy/gal or a couple without much huge luggage (the camaro trunk has quite the small opening) but with lot of families/groups coming here definitely may not be as hot of a car as other locations. I'll likely swing by later this week for another exchange/lookout.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:21 pm

EA: Toyota Camry, Toyota Prius, Nissan Altimas

Exec: Audi Q3 (non AWD), Charger SXT, Forester, CRV AWD, Impala Premier (with nav), Nissan Rogue, Camaro SS, Camaro RS

I did see they do have some newer premier upgrade car selection. A Blue 2018 Ford Mustang vert was parked at the front row, I don't think it was a GT though
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:11 pm

Picked up early Sunday morning. Both lines were only half stocked.

Emerald:
- Impreza (x2)
- Corolla (x2)
- Prius

Executive:
- CR-V EX
- Rogue SL (leather)
- Mustang
- Camry
- Maxima SV (x2)

I had a luxury reservation and was offered a 2018 Lincoln MKC or a 2017 Cadillac XTS. I took the MKC.

The upgrade section was all Mercedes -- Mercedes CLA, GLA, and GLC -- and a Land Rover Discovery Sport (not 100% sure). They didn't offer any of those for my luxury reservation (and I didn't ask).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.