Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by ThompsonBr
I faxed my request on 12/22 and specified confirmation of receipt on the fax. Of course I never received the confirmation. I was able to contact someone from worldperks on 1/5. She stated that my request was entered into the system as received on 12/30 and it typically took 4 weeks for answers.
I finally sent an Email asking for status and was told this as well.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by kiam
Dear experts,

I just tried to fax documents to NW to match my status but the fax number I got from the other post is somehow in error. +1-281-2547567

Does anyone have a correct number?

Thanks and rgds,
Kiam
The NW FAX number is 218-254-7567
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Does US Airways do a status match?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by overwingexit
Does US Airways do a status match?
No, but they offer you status for sale instead. Not sure about the numbers but I had a good laugh !
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:53 am

Below is my inital email to Frontier and there response for status match:

R,

Good to hear from you. We're happy to help. We do not have any status matching at this time. Our EarlyReturns® elite levels are the most attainable in the industry. And, like most airlines, they are based on actual flown miles not accumulated totals, partner or bonus miles. In order to maintain your status, you’ll need to fly 15,000 miles for Ascent status and 25,000 miles for Summit status. Although we lay out even more detail on our website, www.FrontierAirlines.com, here’s an overview of what our elite levels offer you:

Ascent level benefits begin at 15,000 flight miles or 25 flight segments or $60,000.00 in Frontier MasterCard® purchases in 12 credit card statement cycles (January-December statements)*:

Free DIRECTV® service
25% mileage bonus on Frontier flights
Priority check-in and boarding
Preferred seating assignments
Priority lines at most airport security checkpoints
Exclusive Ascent line toll free number
Special Frontier and partner program offers
Complimentary 1st and 2nd checked bag**
Summit level benefits begin at 25,000 flight miles or 40 flight segments:

Summit level benefits include all of the above Ascent level benefits plus the following additional benefits:
50% mileage bonus on Frontier flights
Exclusive Summit line toll free number
No standby fees
No $100.00 reservation change fees
Free in-flight cocktails
Complimentary 1st and 2 checked bag**

*Per MasterCard account (accounts are not combinable for the accumulated $60,000.00 spent credit card activity).

**excess baggage weight fees apply

For our complete Membership Guide, please visit http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...rship-guide.do.

Thanks for visiting FrontierAirlines.com!

Sincerely,

Karen
EarlyReturns Loyalty Agent

P: 1-866-263-2759
E: [email protected]
FrontierAirlines.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 12:55 PM
To: EarlyReturns
Subject: Status Match

Frontier Airlines:

I am currently a Platinum Elite member (~113,000 mile in 2008) with Northwest and am interested in shifting some of my business to your airline. I frequently travel west for work to some of the cities you service including San Francisco, Orange County, Seattle, and Boise to name a few. Late last year, I did fly on Frontier and was pleasantly surprised with the service and accommodations on your airplanes.

Please let me know if you offer a status match program and if so what are the steps I need to take to get my status matched.

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I can't photocopy or scan my DL platinum card. It's too dark for any info to show up. Any one has the same problem? Will sending a digital picture of the card to them acceptable?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:49 pm

Usually they wil not accept attachments ( fear of virus ). So why not print out your digital photo and fax that?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:35 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Hi all,

I have the dubious pleasure of being FB Platinum and am looking to get out as fast as Concorde used to take off.

I am looking for a comp to *, which airlines would match ?
I mainly flywithin Europe and 5/6 times a year across the pond with the odd Asia trip once or twice a year.

Thanks

UTA
Old Jan 21, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh
Hi all,

I have the dubious pleasure of being FB Platinum and am looking to get out as fast as Concorde used to take off.

I am looking for a comp to *, which airlines would match ?
I mainly flywithin Europe and 5/6 times a year across the pond with the odd Asia trip once or twice a year.

Thanks

UTA
BMI Diamond Club would seem to be a fairly safe bet........

Heaps of information on here. Requests can be sent to diamond dot club at flybmi dot com. Takes up to a few weeks. See the first post in this thread for all the details.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Originally Posted by jimjams88
CX only offered to match me to silver status based on Krisflyer Elite Gold. I'm guessing they match PPS to gold?
CX does not usually status match! Consider yourself lucky.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Platinum, DL Silver, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Taking a trip on DL in two days (with a return in 5 days). I'm CO platinum and AA gold but would like to get a status match on DL or NW (if it's possible to get in 48 hours) and be able to use status on this trip -- among other benefits, would like the baggage allowance (if DL honors it from NW elites, since they don't w/ other partners).

Going forward, obviously will be good to maintain a Sky Team elite membership after CO moves to *A.

Any suggestions as to which airline to approach? Key factors/questions seem to be:
--which of DL or NW is more likely to do a quick match?
--are both matches a once in a lifetime deal? I presume that if I do DL, then I can't do it again when programs merge but if I do NW, I can have a chance at DL later since it will be Skymiles that survies -- anyone agree with that logic?
--Does DL give baggage allowance to NW elite?
--Does DL give other benefits (like upgrades, etc.) to NW elites?
--NW match would probably be platinum and DL would be gold, right?

Would appreciate any insights and advice? Planning to fax to one in a couple of hours to give as much time as possible.

Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Dont hold your breath for 2 days... I would say no dice !

What do you expect from DL elite that you dont get as CO Platinum (Elite Plus)?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Does anyone know what status CO will give UA Premier Associate?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
I requested on Monday and today (Wednesday), I got the following email... Thanks to all for the information in this thread. I sent them my mileage statement for AA, a copy of my card, and a letter requesting the match.

Time to get flying!

Hello Miss Walrus,
Congratulations! You have been awarded Premier status in the Mileage Plus program! This will make your travel with us comfortable, simple and more rewarding than ever.

Your status will be effective for 90 days from January 2009. To remain a Premier member, you will need to fly 7,500 paid flight miles or 10 flight segments on qualifying flights* within that 90-day timeframe. Once you meet that threshold, a Premier kit will be generated and mailed. Until you have a card, be sure to add your Mileage Plus number to your reservation in order to fully benefit from your elite status.

*Qualifying flights: Purchased flights on true United or United Express. Flight(s) must be a United flight number. Flights on other airlines do not qualify for this offer. Flights on United that have a partner's codeshare flight number do not qualify for this offer.

To maintain the status for all of 2010, you must earn 25,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) or 30 Elite Qualifying Segments (EQS) between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009. You earn EQM and EQS on qualifying purchased flights on United and United Express and the Star Alliance members. For a current list of Star Alliance member airlines, please visit www.united.com/staralliance or www.staralliance.com.

For details about the Mileage Plus elite program, visit www.united.com/elite. I hope you will travel with us often and experience the exceptional service and style reserved for our elite members around the world.

Thank you for choosing United, and enjoy your Premier membership.

Service Director
Mileage Plus
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TommyC80
Does anyone know what status CO will give UA Premier Associate?
A kick in the ...

Kidding... honestly I dont know if they will anything at all as this is not achieved by the traveller in question so doesnt show any signinficant business value for any airline.

You never know though !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.