Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cielak
Just asking one more time:

Has anyone received a status match from Delta? I sent in a request last week asking for a match to my CO gold, still no response. I see many responses from people who received matches from CO, NW, UA, etc. but no DL.
Anyone out there get lucky with DL, if so, how long did it take?

Thanks.
I matched back in the fall and I think the turn around was less than a week. Check your status online; you may notice an update before you receive any notification/package. Also, there is anecdotal evidence that the system cycles on, I think, Saturdays so you may have to wait at least until then.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:15 pm

I received a status match from United to Delta (Silver to Silver) last November. I faxed in my statements and kept checking Delta's website until it appeared about 3 weeks later. I received the welcome packet and documents about a month later.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: US Plat, DL Gold, WN when needed, PC Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
Just asking one more time:

Has anyone received a status match from Delta? I sent in a request last week asking for a match to my CO gold, still no response. I see many responses from people who received matches from CO, NW, UA, etc. but no DL.
Anyone out there get lucky with DL, if so, how long did it take?

Thanks.
My DL status match from US took about two weeks. Didn't get any notification, just noticed it one day in my SM account.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 4:10 am

Programs: Some good, some bad
Just received an email from NWA World Perks regarding my status match request from about 5 or 6 weeks ago. They matched my United Global Services (and 1K status) to Gold. That’s pretty useless since I’m already Delta Gold Medallion. I wanted Platinum, like others have received. Why the change?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by uavking
I sent it in very early Friday morning, but haven't heard back yet. I'm in the same boat, as I was mostly interested in the domestic lounge access, but it'll be useful for the other Oneworld bennies if I let AAdvantage Plat slip.
I am new here but would like to ask a question. If I am doing this wrong, please tell me. What status allows you lounge access on domestic flights?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by lexkid
I am new here but would like to ask a question. If I am doing this wrong, please tell me. What status allows you lounge access on domestic flights?
Most airlines outside of the United States provide complimentary lounge access on domestic trips once you reach either mid- or top-tier status, and this extends to travel on their US airline partners.

To access AA lounges on US domestic trips, you need mid-tier (Sapphire) level status on OneWorld airlines other than AA (e.g. Qantas Gold).

I'm not sure whether Skyteam Elite+ on non-US airlines gets you CRC access on domestic US legs with Delta.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: BA silver
Delta matches CO- UPDATE

Well, it only took 6 business days. I checked my DL account online and my status has been changed to GM. They matched my CO gold elite. No email confirmation, but I guess I will get the new card soon. I'm guessing it will be for the entire 2009 program, at least I hope so.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and support.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: US Plat, DL Gold, WN when needed, PC Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
Well, it only took 6 business days. I checked my DL account online and my status has been changed to GM. They matched my CO gold elite. No email confirmation, but I guess I will get the new card soon. I'm guessing it will be for the entire 2009 program, at least I hope so.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and support.
I haven't got anything to back this up, but I imagine you won't get your card until after you take your first flight. I still haven't got mine, but I did take my first DL flight about two weeks ago. Check you account, your new status should be good unitl FEB 2010.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by SouthsideJAX
I haven't got anything to back this up, but I imagine you won't get your card until after you take your first flight. I still haven't got mine, but I did take my first DL flight about two weeks ago. Check you account, your new status should be good unitl FEB 2010.
My account online reflects the gold status, but I don't see anything that reflects how long the status is good for. That info is not reflected in my account info. I'm sure they granted it through 2/10.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by stanfordhokie
Just received an email from NWA World Perks regarding my status match request from about 5 or 6 weeks ago. They matched my United Global Services (and 1K status) to Gold. That’s pretty useless since I’m already Delta Gold Medallion. I wanted Platinum, like others have received. Why the change?
I also just received a status match from NWA to my United 1K and they only matched me to Gold as well. Pretty lame indeed.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Continental matched my 1K status to Platinum the same day I made the request ^ .Thanks to lucky and all contributors to the thread for the useful advice!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Well... no response from NWA yet, and my online account isn't updated.

Should I be worried? I'm wondering if I should fax the information instead.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: Some good, some bad
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
Well... no response from NWA yet, and my online account isn't updated.

Should I be worried? I'm wondering if I should fax the information instead.
I waited 5 or 6 weeks to hear back from those cheap you know whats.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by thnarf
I also just received a status match from NWA to my United 1K and they only matched me to Gold as well. Pretty lame indeed.
This is how DL does it. And since DL got a hold of NW, DL has finally gotten around to make NW "harmonize" to DL's standard of generally refusing status matches to Platinum.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
This is how DL does it. And since DL got a hold of NW, DL has finally gotten around to make NW "harmonize" to DL's standard of generally refusing status matches to Platinum.

Very glad i requested the NW match early enough to get Platinum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.