Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2008, 4:02 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Is it still true that BA doesn`t match? I am ready to give them a try in C on a certain route where they have strong competition from both Star as well as SkyTeam
Old Dec 28, 2008, 4:13 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Is it still true that BA doesn`t match? I am ready to give them a try in C on a certain route where they have strong competition from both Star as well as SkyTeam

I've known heaps of people try with no luck at all.

Ond of them was a travel decision maker for a major international company - answer was the same - a very polite 'no'.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Premier Executive, bmi DC, BA Exec, CO OnePass, AClub Gold
Originally Posted by kkjay77
DL should match your LH SEN status, but I'd get a match from NW.
DL will only match your SEN status to Gold Medallion while NW will probably match to Plat.
As today's Dec. 27th, I'd guess the status match on NW should safely valid through Feb. 2010.
Hi, I am based in the UK and am thinking about trying out DL / NW next year in order to get a comparison between them in top tier with my transatlantic travel on UA. Is there any way they would status match someone in the UK? Is it best to ask NW from what you said above? Its just I would have thought Worldperks would have closed down by now, when is the switch off date?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond BMI Silver
Does anyone know if Czech Air status matches?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA GS
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else has similar circumstances, but I wanted to make sure my logic is sound.

We moved from Houston to D.C. two years, and switched our loyalty from CO to UA, originally through status matches on UA. Now we're both 1P on UA, and have no status on CO.

Because we're in DC we fly *A and credit to UA on the majority of our flights. However, we have lots of family in Texas, and still fly to IAH 8 or so times a year. It has been hard to fly *A to IAH, as CO just has so many more direct convenient flights, especially from DCA.

We have a handful of IAH flights ahead in 2009. Ignoring for a second that we still won't get *A miles on them when flying CO, my plan was to status match UA back to CO, and get Gold on CO, so that we have benefits like early boarding, bonus miles, etc. when flying those flights to IAH on CO.

Is CO still matching UA status, despite their plans to join the *A? And, if CO matches are once in a lifetime, as far as well all know, this should be the only time I would have the need to do this, as once we get to 2010 my *A Gold should get me benefits on CO, right?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by berlinflyer
I just tried less than 1 month ago, and it was a no go.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
So LAN is the only oneWorld airline that currently matches status ?

I will send them my AA EXP and 1K info then. Since the Admirals Club now went up in price... rather having a status match with a oneWorld Airline.

Edit:

I sent everything in and got the following reply:

"Servicio al Cliente LANPASS informa que hemos cambiado nuestro mail. Favor reenviar su requerimiento a la direccion de correo: [email protected]

Nuestro horario de atención es de Lunes a Viernes de 08:30 a 17:30 horas."

Does that mean they have a new email address ?

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Jan 1, 2009 at 1:17 pm
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I sent everything in and got the following reply:

"Servicio al Cliente LANPASS informa que hemos cambiado nuestro mail. Favor reenviar su requerimiento a la direccion de correo: [email protected]

Nuestro horario de atención es de Lunes a Viernes de 08:30 a 17:30 horas."

Does that mean they have a new email address ?
Yeah, it appears that this is the new address. I sent a request (AA Plat to LAN Premium Silver) to this e-mail and got an automated reply stating that they received my e-mail and will respond to it as quickly as possible during business hours.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 4:41 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
From the LAN website:

If, in the period between January and May, you have already earned enough kilometers or traveled enough segments to qualify for PREMIUM membership, you won't have to wait until April 1 of the following year (the official commencement date for the official Premium duration period) to begin receiving benefits. Once you have qualified, you will receive a temporary Premium membership card, which will expire on March 31 the following year. On that date, you will, receive you official membership card, which will be valid for a full year.

I don't quite understand this - but does anyone else read it as there being a preferred time to be status matched.

Unless they apply different rules for matching..............

Has anyone here sucessfully matched? If so, I'd be really keen to hear how long it took and how long the status was valid for in relation to when it was obtained?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uavking
Yeah, it appears that this is the new address. I sent a request (AA Plat to LAN Premium Silver) to this e-mail and got an automated reply stating that they received my e-mail and will respond to it as quickly as possible during business hours.
When did you send that in ?

I wonder, in case that they match, how do they determine.

Sapphire would be fine with me as it already ensures lounge access for me on domestic AA.

Is it a useful programm at all ?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 6:33 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by Tom92591
Does anyone know if Czech Air status matches?
I deeply doubt about it. They have strong "blonde" call centre to handle the issues and I think they will not let you reach the person who could even do it, if it would exist. And I think 15/30/70 segments is not that bad ratio at all.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
On a side note. I was a KLM Platinum for a while before I saw the * Alliance status match thread. Been *A Gold since and hardly now fly on Sky Team. So I guess my point is that these status matches work like a charm. (for any airline lurkers out there )
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:30 am

Programs: BMI Silver, UA MP, OnePass
I'm planning to ask United for a status match but here are some questions I couldn't find the answer to by searching the forum:

* When is the best time to ask for a status match for United? (I called them mid december and was told that they don't do status matches from oct - dec so I was instructed to call back in january.

* How long does it usually take for them to upgrade my account and ship the new card? I'm asking because I have an upcoming trip on the 13th of february.

* Probably a stupid question: I'm not yet a member of United MP and I assume I need to create an account BEFORE asking for the match, correct?

Thanks a lot guys!
Old Jan 3, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
When did you send that in ?

I wonder, in case that they match, how do they determine.

Sapphire would be fine with me as it already ensures lounge access for me on domestic AA.

Is it a useful programm at all ?
I sent it in very early Friday morning, but haven't heard back yet. I'm in the same boat, as I was mostly interested in the domestic lounge access, but it'll be useful for the other Oneworld bennies if I let AAdvantage Plat slip.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by jackthebox
* When is the best time to ask for a status match for United? (I called them mid december and was told that they don't do status matches from oct - dec so I was instructed to call back in january.
Call them to set up the match when you know you can fly enough to complete the terms of it. I think that goes without saying.

* How long does it usually take for them to upgrade my account and ship the new card? I'm asking because I have an upcoming trip on the 13th of february.
They don't ship any new card to you, you have "electronic status", until you reach the 15,000 miles you need to fly, at which point they'll send you your card. This is a bit of a pain, as the Star Alliance lounges would not let me in without my card, I was forced to use RCC's only.

* Probably a stupid question: I'm not yet a member of United MP and I assume I need to create an account BEFORE asking for the match, correct?
Yes, you need to open an account before you request a match. Look for any sign-up bonuses, I'm not sure of any but there might be something kicking around. I've seen 3000 mile bonuses just for signing up in early 2007, so ask around in the UA forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.