Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Ua status match email response

Hope this is helpful, straight from the horses mouth

Thank you for your interest in our Elite Status Match program.

To be considered for either Premier or Premier Executive status through our Elite Status Match promotion, please forward your name, address, Mileage Plus account number, e-mail address and a copy of your most recent summary from your airline here. You may fax this information to 605-341-6140, Attn: Elite Status Match, or you may write to:

Mileage Plus Service Center
Attn: Elite Status Match
PO Box 6121
Rapid City SD 57709-6121

If your status match is approved, we will upgrade you to either Premier or Premier Executive status for 90 days from the date of approval. To remain a Premier member, you will need to fly 7,500 paid flight miles or 10 segments on qualifying United flights* within that 90 day timeframe. To remain a Premier Executive member, you will need to fly 15,000 paid flight miles or 20 flight segments on qualifying flights* within that 90-day timeframe.

*Qualifying flights: Purchased flights with a UA flight number that are operated by true United or United Express . United -marketed codeshare flights operated by another carrier do not qualify.

Once you meet the threshold for your status match, we will send you the appropriate membership kit and you will remain a Premier or Premier Executive member through January 31, 2010. If you do not meet the threshold, you will return to your original level of membership.

Please allow 5-7 business days for processing after receipt of your request.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, Delta, American,
Status Match (F9)

Does Frontier (F9) offer any type of status match? I'm Gold on NW and work will soon require me to fly F9. Thanks! pilotkentx
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:39 am

Just got the reply from UA status match. I'm matching from SQ Krisflyer, need to fly 15k miles within 90 days to get 1P status. So they do match from within star alliance.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
I FAXed in all my online statements for the entire year that shows all of the flights I took on Northwest in 2008, as well as a letter requesting the status match. Still not a peep out of Northwest.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by fone
Just got the reply from UA status match. I'm matching from SQ Krisflyer, need to fly 15k miles within 90 days to get 1P status. So they do match from within star alliance.
yup, same response for BD Gold.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:56 pm

BD

Originally Posted by rankourabu
yup, same response for BD Gold.
May I ask how long ago you sent in your request?

On a side note, a bunch of my colleagues and I will be traveling soon on a nice long journey with *A. I am covered for lounges since I'm *G due to M&M HON, but the other guys aren't. Almost all of them have the highest/close to the highest status with another airline, so what *A would you recommend attempting to match to? We are traveling on the 17th, so time is of the essence. Which *A usually works the quickest?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:34 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
I gues BMI from other comments. Most seem to say it take a couple of weeks and will match a variety of airlines et al.

Regardless, damn good airline and also damn good *A ff programme! Highly reccomended for BMI metal or otherwise.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uavking
Just got an e-mail back from LAN re the request I sent last week. They want your last six statements, not just your most recent as I had sent.
Hmmm ok.

I sent them my 2008 activity of UA plus my last AA statement.

No response yet though.

My status still shows LANPASS.. Edit: Now it's Friday, still nothing

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Jan 9, 2009 at 4:28 pm
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:38 am

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by pilotkentx
Does Frontier (F9) offer any type of status match? I'm Gold on NW and work will soon require me to fly F9. Thanks! pilotkentx
I am not aware of any match @F9, making Ascent and Summitt is pretty easy compared to others. The Summitt line is 866-7866482, call and ask. The benefits are good but using your miles suck! They have sold off planes and shrunk the schedule trying to survive.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
report of successful match on PR...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...atch-pr-2.html
Old Jan 9, 2009, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
I first sent an EMail to NW requesting the status match, and they replied back with information on who to FAX the request to and what information they needed. This indicates to me that they are still doing status matches (they didn't come out and say "no way") but perhaps they are just behind because of the holidays as you mentioned. I reFAXed my request today so we shall see. The vast majority of my EQMs on OnePass were from flying Northwest and I sent copies of all of my 2008 online statements so I hope that will convince them that I really do plan to continue flying NW.
I faxed my request on 12/22 and specified confirmation of receipt on the fax. Of course I never received the confirmation. I was able to contact someone from worldperks on 1/5. She stated that my request was entered into the system as received on 12/30 and it typically took 4 weeks for answers.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Soft Landing

Originally Posted by magicspot
do most of then have a soft landing? it seems difficult to maintain status =/
I too find this to be useful info, since it figures into which Challenge/Match to shoot for on which airline...

Since it's hard to find the answers in such a long thread, perhaps we can ask Lucky to edit this info onto his page 1 post.

Here are the two that I know the answer to....

* United - No soft landing. Requalify, or get lost. 1p goes to zilch

* AA - Yes, a member loses only 1 tier per year. Plat goes to Gold.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 1:51 am

soft-landing

* QFF
* LANPASS

both of these programs do softlanding.

I am still waiting for the response from LANPASS on my status match... it's been about 10 days now since I first sent the email with my 23 months of UA 1K activity.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brahms77
* QFF
* LANPASS

both of these programs do softlanding.

I am still waiting for the response from LANPASS on my status match... it's been about 10 days now since I first sent the email with my 23 months of UA 1K activity.
The only thing thats good to know is that I'm not the only one who is still waiting... I started to worry
Old Jan 10, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: Status Free
Question Question - Has anyone ever Reversed a Status Match?

Hi - I searched and didn't find anything, so here goes.

I am AA Plat. After learning that Delta would be starting a direct flight to CDG from my home airport this year, I requested a status match from them. (Which was granted in under 24 hours!!!!) Three weeks later, Delta announces that the RDU-CDG route has been postponed until 2011.

If I understand previous posters correctly, Delta will only status match once. I really won't need the match til 2011. There's no way I will requalify on my own.

Is it worth the time to ask Delta? And, if so, any suggestions on the correct dept/number to call or email?

Many thanks - Edie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.