Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by mirobatka
When you status match to UA and they offer you a challenge, it is said that you get the elite benefits upfront for the duration of the challenge.

Does that mean that you earn mileage bonuses on the flights that you take in those 90 days?

Do you get the bonuses even on flights on other *A carriers? (I know those flights don't count towards the challenge).

Thanks!
yes to all your questions
Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Match with CO as they'll be joining * soon
CO will most likely not join * until the end of this year.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Looking for timing suggestions on a NW match

I am currently AA Plat and have zero status with NW. My company has been booking me on flights from RST/MSP to DXB via AMS on NW. I will be flying the DXB-RST leg in march as well as one more RT in the second half of the year. Any suggestions on when the best time to request a status match would be? AA will still be my carrier of choice for personnel travel but unfortunately I am bound to NW/KLM for corporate travel. Just trying to maximize everything....
Old Jan 27, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Bye bye NW! Hello CO! (status match)

Took less than an hour to get my status match from CO today via email. I was/am Gold on NW, and now I'm Gold on CO. It was a great run with NW while it lasted, but guess what -- its over!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:56 am

Programs: FB Gold
Back to CO

Continental turned around a status match request in less than two hours with an e-mail with copy of NW Gold card and recent WorldPerks statement print attached. Currently, I'm WP Gold, but slipped to Silver for the coming year (already had started to hedge my bets with the takeover). CO comped me Gold for the coming year.
Credited my first flight to One Pass yesterday and it felt good. DL in a few short weeks has killed 10 years of loyalty to NW.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: NW Silver, CO Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
I did the same yesterday and they called today asking me to re-send the fax with a clearer copy of the Skymiles card. I hope the match me soon.

Did your continental account show your status today?
Yup, it is immediately reflected online and you can print a temporary Elite card until they send you one.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA silver
Any luck with Delta?

Has anyone had any luck getting a match from Delta.
I requested GM from DL to match my GE status on CO.
Faxed it over yesterday. Just wondering how long it might take to get a response. Also wondering if they don't match, will they let you know or just not respond at all?

Last edited by cielak; Jan 29, 2009 at 10:57 am Reason: revised
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, DL-SLV, JL-SAPPHIRE, Hyatt Diamond, *wood Gold
Originally Posted by bmw303
I was interested in status matching to NW, however, NW has informed me that a response can take 4-6 weeks. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Thanks.
My situation is exactly the same. I faxed a request on Jan. 5th, and I still have not heard from NW.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 3:04 pm

yes to all your questions
Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GrizShel
My question when exactly would likely be the best time to ask for a Status Match?
I understand most other airlines have seen the Carnage over at Delta - NW and are being generous in their status match offers right now. But if I request this now, I'm going to have an extremely difficult time maintaining my status for next year; I just don't have the time to do many paid flights until next year.
This is my problem too. I had a ton of itins booked before all of these changes and have already logged in close to 15K EQM's. I don't want those to go to waste. I was thinking maybe hold out a bit longer, and see if I do a latter year status match I could get it through 2010. Enough time to qual for real on either AA or CO.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
It's a shame, that BA doesn't match Status. However, two Business flights from Europe to US ( with a feeder to LHR ) is good enough for Silver and 3 returns are good enough for Gold. So I hope I will survive two returns without Status. fly every two weeks in the moment ( FB is loosing those miles with their ridiculous change in their program )
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:55 am

Programs: BA silver
Any luck with Delta?

Has anyone had any luck getting a match from Delta.
I requested GM from DL to match my GE status on CO.
Faxed it over yesterday. Just wondering how long it might take to get a response. Also wondering if they don't match, will they let you know or just not respond at all?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: UA Silver, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
UA is back doing status matches this year

I just got my approval from UA to match my NW status to Premier Executive (challenges and other things aside)

Congratulations! You have been awarded Premier Executive status in the Mileage Plus program! This will make your travel with us comfortable, simple and more rewarding than ever.

Your status will be effective for 90 days from January 29, 2009. To remain a Premier Executive member, you will need to fly 15,000 paid flight miles or 20 flight segments on qualifying flights* within that 90-day timeframe. Once you meet that threshold, a Premier Executive kit will be generated and mailed. Until you have a card, be sure to add your Mileage Plus number to your reservation in order to fully benefit from your elite status.

*Qualifying flights: Purchased flights on true United or United Express. Flight(s) must be a United flight number. Flights on other airlines do not qualify for this offer. Flights on United that have a partner's codeshare flight number do not qualify for this offer.

To maintain the status for all of 2010, you must earn 50,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) or 60 Elite Qualifying Segments (EQS) between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009. You earn EQM and EQS on qualifying purchased flights on United and United Express and the Star Alliance members. For a current list of Star Alliance member airlines, please visit www.united.com/staralliance or www.staralliance.com.

For details about the Mileage Plus elite program, visit www.united.com/elite. I hope you will travel with us often and experience the exceptional service and style reserved for our elite members around the world.

Thank you for choosing United, and enjoy your Premier Executive membership.

I just emailed them a copy of both my NW WP and UA MP statements.

Just an FYI in case you guys didn't know and couldn't find any signs of it from earlier posts .
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Ummm....what is the point of keeping this thread still open if we have The New Airline Status Match Master Thread?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:39 pm

I was interested in status matching to NW, however, NW has informed me that a response can take 4-6 weeks. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by tsuruke
My situation is exactly the same. I faxed a request on Jan. 5th, and I still have not heard from NW.
I did my UA 1P to NW Gold match in early Dec. I got the OK by NW through 2010 within a week via email. The card came in less than a week after that.

rgds,
drew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.