Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by briankjohnson
TA DAAAAA. Got my confirmation email today. One week total time. NWA rocks. ^^
Status?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA - 1K,AA - Plat,Hilton - Diamond,Hyatt - Platinum,National - Exec Elite
Oops. Just a lowly UAL Premier to NWA Silver. Perfect, though, as I intend on switching to NWA and should be able to hit Gold at a minimum for 2010.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by briankjohnson
Hey luv2,

Did you get your match? I sent in mine about a week ago and just called the main Worldperks service number, spoke with a rep and she called someone to track it. She said they had everything they needed and it would take up to 4 weeks. The last person I talked to said 14 business days . I love that, even thought everyone on this forum knows all about it, it's still for the most part a super-secret-squirrel process. ^ I have a flight to Nicaragua on Friday... I sure am hoping they match me by then!
No luv here... I'm thinking of giving them a call to follow up as well.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA - 1K,AA - Plat,Hilton - Diamond,Hyatt - Platinum,National - Exec Elite
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
No luv here... I'm thinking of giving them a call to follow up as well.
Yeah... I wouldn't have really cared on the time line except that I'm about to take a decent length flight and the bonus would be nice, plus you never know on an upgrade.

For what it's worth I sent mine by mail with 2 months statements, a copy of my elite card (probably not necessary), a copy of my worldperks statement (also, probably not necessary) and a long-winded letter telling them of my recent disgust with UAL. I also mentioned that I was ready to make the transition and had, in fact, just purchased a ticket.

Good luck!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 7:01 pm

To make things more interesting:
]
I didn't mention earlier that I had originally sent a letter to DL to request a match to my UAL Premier. I decided the day after, however, that it made more sense to go with NWA since I was more likely to fly with them and they were going to be gobbled up by DL soon enough anyway. Of course, the fact that my move to ATL was indefinitely delayed made it even less necessary. I faxed in a letter to the same number stating that I would like to cancel my request for upgrade to Silver Medalion. When I logged on to DL to check some details on a flight I'm departing for on Friday I was surprised to see I had been matched on DL. So now I'm a silver on DL and NWA! Not much I can do about it now, though, I suppose. For what it's worth, DL Match had an 8 day turnaround. ^
Old Mar 11, 2009, 12:33 pm

My status was just changed to silver now. So less then a week for it to be matched.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Through the end of March Alitalia is offering matches
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...tus-match.html
Old Mar 15, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Qatar Airways

Does anyone have any experience trying to get a status match on QR? I will be in Doha for awhile, and will certainly earn Silver and possibly Gold by the end of the year, but I wonder if they will match Northwest Platinum or United 1K in the meantime?

In case anyone's interested, it seems like the main benefits of Gold would be access to the premium check-in counters and lounges (although not the premium terminal unfortunately) and perhaps an occasional op-up. Another benefit that might actually be useful around the summer, Ramadan, and last-minute-declared holidays is the guaranteed seat. I have never used this benefit on NW or UA, but I understand that there have been times here when all seats on all flights out of town have been booked! Given the limited service and huge expatriate population, I can understand this.

http://www.qmiles.com/about_prog_ben....html?linkap20
Old Mar 15, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by dustenm
I submited mine on Last thursday and will see how long it takes to get it updated. Hopefully it does not take the whole 4 weeks.

I will keep you updated on the status. Please let me know when yours gets approved also.
NWA matched my UA 1k to Gold (I asked for plat). It took about a month to come through - though I faxed in the info over the holiday period.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
CX appears to be matching as well
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...6-cx-comp.html
Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
After 4+ weeks, NW finally matched my UA 1P to Gold
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW PE, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by gleff
United

Will match status, generally to equivalent level up to Premier Executive (mid-tier)

Send a copy of your current elite statement or elite card along with a note explaining you'd like to shift your busy to them if they'll match your current status
Thanks Gleff! I emailed a copy of my elite card and 6 months worth of flight activity today (screen-shots from the AF/KL website) to [email protected] and received a response one hour later that I had been matched from AF/KL Platinum Elite to UA Premier Exec. 3 month challenge for 15k miles, which should be easy! Checked on the UA website and my new status was showing straight away. Bye bye AF/KL and their stripped down Flying Blue program; bye bye Skyteam! Hello to * and non-stop flights (the mileage run die-hards will frown!) :-)
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Is NW still matching status? Do they match AS?

I just got my Alaska MVPG and was wanting to see if NW would match. Primarily I want to retrieve an unused NW ticket, which I'm guessing I could do without a change fee if I had status with them.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 6:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Miami Boy
Yes, I did. I called Delta and asked about the status match. They claimed to know nothing about it, however, when I mentioned the process of faxing my statement from other qualifying elite status program (AA PLAT, in my case), she all of a sudden knew what I was talking about. She provided me with the fax number that was listed earlier in this thread to Delta. I took a couple minutes and typed up a quick letter explaining why I wanted DL elite status: change in business travel patterns, frustrations with AA (not really though), desire to give business to DL, etc. It took maybe 3-4 weeks since I had sent the fax for them to change my elite status to Gold Medallion. I actually found out, when they had pulled me from my economy seat at the gate and informed me of the upgrade. What a terrific surprise! Best of luck to you.

Any luck on UA or USAIR matching AA status?

(first time post, so apologies if I'm not using appropriate lingo or etiquette)
US still provides some kind of status match to AA elites.

UA does too, as noted above.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Jlove
I just got my Alaska MVPG and was wanting to see if NW would match. Primarily I want to retrieve an unused NW ticket, which I'm guessing I could do without a change fee if I had status with them.
Anyone have any thoughts?
I requested an NW status match in mid-February, received Gold (based on equivalent UA) about 5 weeks later

Don't know if they match AS but worth a shot; however don't expect overnight action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.