Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 1:12 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Simon78300

Telephoned today and got "Mais non Monsieur! Vous êtes Skyteam et nous sommes *A! C'est absoluement impossible!
I am wondering what will be the response if I want to be status matched from another *A carrier. I am also *Gold on TG ROP.

Mais non Monsieur! Vous êtes *A et nous sommes *A! C'est absoluement impossible?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:37 pm

Finally NW comes thru!

Faxed my AA Plat info about a month ago in late Dec, just received an e-mail saying that I've been granted NW Gold.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Does anyone know if Amtrak matches any Airline status?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by al613
Does anyone know if Amtrak matches any Airline status?
I never even knew that that Amtrak had a loyalty program.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by lallyr
I never even knew that that Amtrak had a loyalty program.
Their status is almost as good as Greyhound
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:07 am

Received a match to silver yesterday, a little disappointed given I will reach silver by the end of March anyway and that they did not match my gold status with CO.

Originally Posted by ThompsonBr
Thanks,

I will update when I get a response. Here's what I've got for 08.

• 6 Northwest segments via my Worldperk account
• 72 Northwest segments via my Continental One pass account
• 8 Delta segments via my Continental One pass account
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:10 am

NW request

Received a match to silver yesterday, a little disappointed given I will reach silver by the end of March anyway and that they did not match my gold status with CO.

Originally Posted by ThompsonBr
Thanks,

12/22 - I will update when I get a response. Here's what I've got for 08.

• 6 Northwest segments via my Worldperk account
• 72 Northwest segments via my Continental One pass account
• 8 Delta segments via my Continental One pass account
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
As discussed much earlier in this thread (post 1478) I decided to go for an NW match in the hope that it would be consider a "free" match, what with Worldperks going away.

Having noted a few cases reported here of NW matching to plat, I decided to wait until I had UA1k - which I got by the skin of my teeth with 100.5 segments in late December. As my last few UA flights were very obvious segement runs, I just faxed in a copy of my account status - not any kind of statement.

I finally got a response back (took about 3 weeks):

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for contacting Northwest Airlines in regard to upgrading your
WorldPerks account XXXXXXXX

We are unable to grant complimentary WorldPerks Platinum Elite; however, after reviewing your United Airlines account your WorldPerks account has been upgraded to Gold Elite status. This one-time complimentary membership upgrade will remain valid through February 28, 2009. (Panic)

As your account was upgraded at this late date during the 2008-2009 elite program year which ends February 28, 2009, credentials will not be processed. (More Panic)

Due to the timing of your 2008 complimentary Gold Elite upgrade, please be advised that your Gold Elite membership will be continued through the 2009 program year beginning March 1, 2009 (phew). You may expect your credentials for this program to be delivered in approximately three weeks.
So, no plat, but I did get Gold through 2/2010, so I have another year of ST status now that my CO Gld is about to die, and should be good for UG on the occasionat NW/DL flights I take.

Last edited by dgwright99; Jan 31, 2009 at 12:06 pm
Old Feb 3, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: Grounded
Originally Posted by orangecoatkid
UA is back doing status matches this year

I just got my approval from UA to match my NW status to Premier Executive (challenges and other things aside)
Quick question: does anyone know if the United challenge is truly a "once-in-a-lifetime" thing or is that just wordage to scare people away?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
What about Mexicana?

There was a post in the first status match thread, about being able to status match through Mexicana. They seem to have a good program, with unlimited upgrades to all their destinations, including southern South America and Europe. Is this still possible to do?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:51 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mirobatka
When you status match to UA and they offer you a challenge, it is said that you get the elite benefits upfront for the duration of the challenge.

Does that mean that you earn mileage bonuses on the flights that you take in those 90 days?

Do you get the bonuses even on flights on other *A carriers? (I know those flights don't count towards the challenge).

Thanks!
Contrary to what an earlier poster said, as a UA elite, to the best of my knowledge, I have never gotten mileage bonuses on other *A carriers when credited to my UA account.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Contrary to what an earlier poster said, as a UA elite, to the best of my knowledge, I have never gotten mileage bonuses on other *A carriers when credited to my UA account.
I have - but it depends on the carrier. I get the 100% RDM bonus on TATL flights on LH. If you fly paid C or F, you will get also an EQM bonus and RDM fare bonus on TATL flights. ^

However, for my other LH flights (i.e. non-TATL) I only get a fare bonus - and no bonus EQM and RDM.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:08 am

Programs: AA-1MM
I have never received any bonuses on UA for any other *A flights. That is one reason I am letting it lapse and sticking with OW...
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I mailed my United Premier card and 2008 statement to NWA on January 17. Still no response, but I anticipate one anytime in the next week or two.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:55 am

Programs: BA silver
Any response from Delta matching elite status?

Just asking one more time:

Has anyone received a status match from Delta? I sent in a request last week asking for a match to my CO gold, still no response. I see many responses from people who received matches from CO, NW, UA, etc. but no DL.
Anyone out there get lucky with DL, if so, how long did it take?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.