Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat, Thai Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold
Qantas

Hi

I am going to fly 3 or 4 times to Australia in the next six month and as a Delta Plat (but also Thai Gold) I was wondering how best to approach a possible status match request. Any advice?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 3:54 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by blueclub
Hi

I am going to fly 3 or 4 times to Australia in the next six month and as a Delta Plat (but also Thai Gold) I was wondering how best to approach a possible status match request. Any advice?
I've known several extremely frequent flyers ask Qantas (as recently as December) and the answer has always been no.

There are of course many *A airlines to and from australia you can earn with using your Thai status. Domestic is a little more tricky.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ediemac1
Hi - I searched and didn't find anything, so here goes.

I am AA Plat. After learning that Delta would be starting a direct flight to CDG from my home airport this year, I requested a status match from them. (Which was granted in under 24 hours!!!!) Three weeks later, Delta announces that the RDU-CDG route has been postponed until 2011.

If I understand previous posters correctly, Delta will only status match once. I really won't need the match til 2011. There's no way I will requalify on my own.

Is it worth the time to ask Delta? And, if so, any suggestions on the correct dept/number to call or email?

Many thanks - Edie
Its worht sending an email to customer services - what do you have to loose?

Of course with the DL/NW merger on the horizon, you could just ask for NW to status match in 2011. Same difference as far as I understand and I assume the integration will be essentially complete by then.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
What are the chances?

I'm AA Plat by way of a challenge. What are the chances of getting a match on NW/DL or CO?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flying chef
I'm AA Plat by way of a challenge. What are the chances of getting a match on NW/DL or CO?
Extremely good. I was matched to NW Gold without any issues and never looked back.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
When to apply?

Originally Posted by uavking
Extremely good. I was matched to NW Gold without any issues and never looked back.
Would it be best to wait until March 1...I'm thinking if I get a match, it would last 'til Feb 2010. Correct?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
Hello:

I am currently Premier. I do not have status with any other airline. I will probably hit premier exec with segments and miles but that will happen in April / May. Any way for me to challenge to 1p?

I am flying SFO - DEN - TUL and back Mondays and Thursdays ~ 3000 EQM and 4 EQM / week. It will take me 15 weeks to hit PR Exec.

Is there any way for me to hit PR Exec any faster? I don't want to MR. 1K is probably out of reach.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA, IHG
Originally Posted by ThompsonBr
I faxed my request on 12/22 and specified confirmation of receipt on the fax. Of course I never received the confirmation. I was able to contact someone from worldperks on 1/5. She stated that my request was entered into the system as received on 12/30 and it typically took 4 weeks for answers.
I'll echo this experience. I sent in my status match request to NW on 12/17. I called today (1/13) to see about the status. After being put on hold while the worldperks agent checked with her "clerical" dept (or something like that), I was informed that it had indeed been received but that these things typically took 4-8 weeks to get a response on. It was "still being reviewed." Hopefully I'll get an answer soon!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
Hi. I'm currently platinum with Continental and am looking to get matched to the same level on NW. I was wondering if after the status match is completed, do you still retain your status on your old airline (CO in my case) in addition to getting the status on the new airline or do you lose status on the old airline?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Welcome to FlyerTalk, amm1020!^

When you status match your status remains the same in the program you matched from. Continental won't even know you matched.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Does anyone know what level on Alaska's MilagePlan I would get if Iam currently a AA Gold?
By the way, this is my first post, with hopefully lots more
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: UA GS
Hi all,

I faxed in a letter to CO to match from UA 1P. In the letter I included all the necessary information, with the exception of a copy of my 1P card, as I hit 1P in mid-December, so I haven't received a 1P card yet.

I got a message from CO OnePass telling me that I could go on ua.com somewhere and print a duplicate of my card showing that I'm a 1P. They already have a printed copy of my entire 2008 statement showing all miles flown, and my 1P status.

I've been through ua.com, which I was already pretty familiar with, and can't find any option to print a temporary 1P card.

Has only one else had this issue, or does anyone know where this option is on .bomb?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (Lifetime Gold), AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Continental Status Match Fax #

FYI, I just faxed my information for a match with Continental and their fax number has changed from the one posted in this thread. It is now:

713-324-3702
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tulane41
Hi all,

I faxed in a letter to CO to match from UA 1P. In the letter I included all the necessary information, with the exception of a copy of my 1P card, as I hit 1P in mid-December, so I haven't received a 1P card yet.

I got a message from CO OnePass telling me that I could go on ua.com somewhere and print a duplicate of my card showing that I'm a 1P. They already have a printed copy of my entire 2008 statement showing all miles flown, and my 1P status.

I've been through ua.com, which I was already pretty familiar with, and can't find any option to print a temporary 1P card.

Has only one else had this issue, or does anyone know where this option is on .bomb?

Thanks in advance!
I don't think you can do this on UA. I can't find a way to do it (i'm only base level though trying to use up old points).

I had a similar situation with CO when I matched as I didn't have a card. I explained this on an email and like you sent a statement indicating my status. They did the match within 24 hours of the email.

I'd just email back and explain - pretty sure you won't have any issues.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: US Plat, DL Gold, WN when needed, PC Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
Delta status match

My thanks to the OP for this thread. I sent my US DM account info to Delta along with a short cover letter on Jan 2nd, and noticed today that I got matched to Gold Medallion. It took about two weeks, not too bad. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.