Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm thinking you should receive a new card in January reflecting the extra year of status, but I'm not positive. I'm not worried, and I'm in the same boat.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:02 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I'm thinking you should receive a new card in January reflecting the extra year of status, but I'm not positive. I'm not worried, and I'm in the same boat.
I've matched status on NW a couple of years ago in November and it was only good for about 4 months.
I didn't get the card next February, and my status became GM due to lack of sufficient flying.
I sent a couple of emails to request the extension, but they declined.
I moved to CO and am happy so far.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond
NW would love to keep your business from CO right now...do it. You're correct NW will not upgrade CO elite companions on award tickets and CO will not upgrade NW elite on award tickets.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:24 am

NWA fax number for status match

I am also requesting a NWA match of CO Gold status, but I can't find the dang fax number. The previous one I received (218/254-7564) is out of service.

The best I can find now is 651/367-8459, but I fear my request is going to drop into a black hole. Anyone have a better contact number?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
218-254-7567 ....
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by gleff
218-254-7567 ....
Thanks,

I will update when I get a response. Here's what I've got for 08.

• 6 Northwest segments via my Worldperk account
• 72 Northwest segments via my Continental One pass account
• 8 Delta segments via my Continental One pass account
Old Dec 22, 2008, 5:25 pm

Forgive my lack of knowledge in this area, but how does the airline you match to know that your status is real? Can someone forge it, or do they actually verify it somehow?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 5:41 pm

Once you match to a specific airline can you then match to a third? Where does it end?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by broog
Forgive my lack of knowledge in this area, but how does the airline you match to know that your status is real? Can someone forge it, or do they actually verify it somehow?
IATA keeps a master list of all flyers with status, and member airlines can consult their database to verify.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

IATA keeps a master list of all flyers with status, and member airlines can consult their database to verify.
Really??

I believe you, but I'm rather surprised that someone bothers to keep a master cross-carrier database of such things. I'm even more surprised that the carriers would publish their data into the pool. What good does it do them??
Old Dec 22, 2008, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Really??

I believe you, but I'm rather surprised that someone bothers to keep a master cross-carrier database of such things. I'm even more surprised that the carriers would publish their data into the pool. What good does it do them??
Sorry, I was totally kidding

I suppose I shoulda used a smiley
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by broog
I assume that one could simply test this by opening a fake BMI account and just sending a fake scan of a AA Platinum card and ask for status match. While being hardly legal and totally immoral, IMHO, this would work. I don't think they'd know the difference because I'm not convinced that they verify status on the competing airline. I doubt that a competing airline would want to help a competitor hand out status to a customer, and lose that much more of their business...
Old Dec 23, 2008, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roadtripman
assume that one could simply test this by opening a fake BMI account and just sending a fake scan of a AA Platinum card and ask for status match. While being hardly legal and totally immoral, IMHO, this would work. I don't think they'd know the difference because I'm not convinced that they verify status on the competing airline. I doubt that a competing airline would want to help a competitor hand out status to a customer, and lose that much more of their business...
Please do not do this.

Some people might well get away with it, but this is not only dishonest but also throws a monkey wrench into the process for everyone with a legitimate request. Starwood was apparently a victim of fraud and has now lengthened their match procezs to allow much greater scrutiny, what once took 1-3 days now seems to take in many cases a full month!

Airlines do not generally have a way of validating status with other carriers, they take either or both of a (1) copy of your elite card (2) printout of your flight activity.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 2:27 pm

Please do not do this.

Some people might well get away with it, but this is not only dishonest but also throws a monkey wrench into the process for everyone with a legitimate request. Starwood was apparently a victim of fraud and has now lengthened their match procezs to allow much greater scrutiny, what once took 1-3 days now seems to take in many cases a full month!

Airlines do not generally have a way of validating status with other carriers, they take either or both of a (1) copy of your elite card (2) printout of your flight activity.
I agree. It would screw it up for other people. Strange that they have no way to verify though.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 3:05 pm

Please do not do this.

Nah, it's not something I'd do personally. All I was saying is I'm sure it could be done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.