Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:48 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Yes. I've had a similar experience. Not sure why they are doing this. I'm wondering if anyone has any good insight.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by hobo13
Any reason to be concerned about this? What do they mean by saying that NW will be the base? The assumption all along has been that WP will go away making this a free match, but if they keep WP as the base, maybe not..... thoughts?
Great question, given that I just faxed in my request to NW.

Then again, holding out forever on status matches might not be all that different from hoarding miles... devaluation might make the same status later on less valuable. In other words, if NW granting me 1+ years of Plat means I can not match again with TheNewDelta later on, it's not the end of the world for me and I am not going to worry about it now.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:09 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by hobo13
I answered my own question, empirically.

Yes, NW matched my UA 1K status by granting me NW Plat through 2010. This does seem strange that they would do this, considering I was NW silver at the time. Maybe they are currently handing out status like candy..... if you're not going to exist in another year, what difference does it make?
How long did it take you to get matched?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GVA
How long did it take you to get matched?
About a week. Similar response from NW was reported by Lucky on his blog.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Great question, given that I just faxed in my request to NW.

Then again, holding out forever on status matches might not be all that different from hoarding miles... devaluation might make the same status later on less valuable. In other words, if NW granting me 1+ years of Plat means I can not match again with TheNewDelta later on, it's not the end of the world for me and I am not going to worry about it now.
I don't disagree. I'm not going to worry about it. In the (future) worst case, we can always plead ignorance, saying that we matched to NW which is obviously now defunct, and that this should have nothing to do with DL.

That said, I wouldn't have done this otherwise, as I doubt I'll fly SkyTeam more than 2 or 3 times next year.....
Old Nov 14, 2008, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Frankly I wouldn't worry too much about which airline's FFP is the base, but that's just me. It's going to be a new airline, and I'm betting in the future it wouldn't be too difficult to argue that it was a different airline back then, and that therefore another status match would be reasonable.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 1:23 am

Programs: DL DM (Now Gold...)
Originally Posted by Discplayer
I faxed a status match request to NW with copies of my DL Plat statements on Friday, 31OCT08. No response as of yet, 05NOV08.
No response by 11/15/08, should I send again? This happen to anyone else?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Discplayer
No response by 11/15/08, should I send again? This happen to anyone else?
Do we have any reason to believe that NW would match DL?
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Received confirmation email last night from NW informing me that my BMI Gold and UA 3P was being matched to NW Silver through Feb2010. I was hoping for NW Gold, but Silver is just fine by me. 2 free checked bags, and (maybe once in a blue moon) an upgrade to F!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 2:38 am

Programs: SQ*G
CX match

CX only offered to match me to silver status based on Krisflyer Elite Gold. I'm guessing they match PPS to gold?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 2:04 pm

Programs: Skyteam
My wife's request from UA 3P to DL Silver was approved within 24 hours.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
UA 1K to NW Platinum

good thru 2/10, confirming email follows:

Dear jfhscott,

Thank you for contacting WorldPerks in regard to upgrading your WorldPerks account, xxxxxxx. A variety of criteria, including information from your United Airlines mileage summary, is considered when evaluating requests from members to match elite status from another airline. After reviewing the information provided to us on your Mileage Plus account, your Northwest WorldPerks account has been upgraded to Platinum Elite status. This one-time complimentary membership upgrade will remain valid through February 28, 2009. Your credentials are now being processed and will be mailed to the address on file. You may expect to receive your Platinum Elite kit in approximately three weeks. In the interim, WorldPerks Elite members are now able to print off theirtemporary WorldPerks reference card through nwa.com, if a PIN is established. From the nwa.com Home Page, select WorldPerks, then ManageMy Account, then select Request a WorldPerks Reference Card, or click onthe following address at:

[link deleted]

If you have difficulties with the process, please contact our online support group at [email protected] or 1-800-692-6955 open 24/7. Due to the timing of your 2008 complimentary Platinum Elite upgrade, please be advised that your Platinum Elite membership will be continued through the 2009 program year beginning March 1, 2009. You may expect your credentials for this program to be delivered to the address on fileprior to March 1, 2009. We sincerely appreciate the support we receive from our members. We areworking hard to distinguish our airline as a carrier of preference and we hope you will allow us the continued privilege of serving your air travel needs.

Sincerely,
[name deleted],
Manager WorldPerks Service Center
Old Nov 20, 2008, 5:36 am

Any info on US ?

Not interested in flying US but curious if they are doing status matches, given what appears to be a widespread defection of their elites.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Not interested in flying US but curious if they are doing status matches, given what appears to be a widespread defection of their elites.
Most recent info I've seen is that they stopped doing matches and now only have a for sale option.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by jfhscott
good thru 2/10, confirming email follows:

Dear jfhscott,

Thank you for contacting WorldPerks in regard to upgrading your WorldPerks account, xxxxxxx. A variety of criteria, including information from your United Airlines mileage summary, is considered when evaluating requests from members to match elite status from another airline. After reviewing the information provided to us on your Mileage Plus account, your Northwest WorldPerks account has been upgraded to Platinum Elite status. This one-time complimentary membership upgrade will remain valid through February 28, 2009. Your credentials are now being processed and will be mailed to the address on file. You may expect to receive your Platinum Elite kit in approximately three weeks. In the interim, WorldPerks Elite members are now able to print off theirtemporary WorldPerks reference card through nwa.com, if a PIN is established. From the nwa.com Home Page, select WorldPerks, then ManageMy Account, then select Request a WorldPerks Reference Card, or click onthe following address at:

[link deleted]

If you have difficulties with the process, please contact our online support group at [email protected] or 1-800-692-6955 open 24/7. Due to the timing of your 2008 complimentary Platinum Elite upgrade, please be advised that your Platinum Elite membership will be continued through the 2009 program year beginning March 1, 2009. You may expect your credentials for this program to be delivered to the address on fileprior to March 1, 2009. We sincerely appreciate the support we receive from our members. We areworking hard to distinguish our airline as a carrier of preference and we hope you will allow us the continued privilege of serving your air travel needs.

Sincerely,
[name deleted],
Manager WorldPerks Service Center
How long did it take for NWA to responde?

Last edited by FLLUAFlyer; Nov 20, 2008 at 8:39 am Reason: Found answer elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.