Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by broog
Once you match to a specific airline can you then match to a third? Where does it end?
I think the only limiting factor is that most (if not all) airlines will only status match you once. Of course, elite challenges are pretty common too these days and that forces you to prove to them how much you fly--on their metal.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sensei
I think the only limiting factor is that most (if not all) airlines will only status match you once. Of course, elite challenges are pretty common too these days and that forces you to prove to them how much you fly--on their metal.
Unless you open a new account and get a new status match
Old Dec 26, 2008, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kkjay77
I've matched status on NW a couple of years ago in November and it was only good for about 4 months.
I didn't get the card next February, and my status became GM due to lack of sufficient flying.
I sent a couple of emails to request the extension, but they declined.
I moved to CO and am happy so far.
NW has a habit of doing things like this -- even when matching late in the year -- which means there are plenty of status matched beneficiaries who found that NW policy quite frustrating from March 1st and beyond.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:41 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by GUWonder
NW has a habit of doing things like this -- even when matching late in the year -- which means there are plenty of status matched beneficiaries who found that NW policy quite frustrating from March 1st and beyond.
I can understand if I matched status in, say, August to have enough time to fly at least 50K miles, but NW expected me to fly full mileage in a month and a half.
That's not reasonable IMHO.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I can understand if I matched status in, say, August to have enough time to fly at least 50K miles, but NW expected me to fly full mileage in a month and a half.
That's not reasonable IMHO.
Well... thats why one should always ask in advance how such a sttus match will work.

Flying 50K in 1,5 months is too hard and will obviously lead to the fact that one will not re-qualify. So the point of a status match is basically lost. Then NW should introduce a challenge like UA/AA. fly X amount of miles in 3 months.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 9:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Does US Airways/Dividend Miles program offer "match" status? If so, what requirements/procedures. Thanx.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: US Gold
I'm longstanding *G on US out of London and am considering my options for next year. I originally started flying US because they flew to PHL, had laptop power outlets at every seat incl economy, and have generous enough carry-on baggage rules that I never have to check anything. #1 and #3 still apply. But the airline has gone way downhill, as everyone knows, and although they haven't taken the power outlets off the intl Airbuses (unlike the domestic Airbuses), they fly Boeings some of the time that have no such facilities. I have 138,000 FF miles I can't use for upgrades because I never buy tickets above the $ limit required; the only benefit to being gold is using the club (now gone from LGW), automatic domestic upgrades (but I fly US domestic very little), preferred seating (fast airport exit), and getting through checkin and boarding faster. I'm tired of the crap food, beancounting policies such as inadequate fuel that 2x this year had us diverted to gas up so we could hold at PHL and delayed 4 hrs each time.

I fly just about exactly 50k/yr, mostly London-PHL or London-SFO or LAX. So far planned but not booked for 2009, RT to ORD, SFO, IAD (or PHL).

Which FF program would you switch to, and why? If I'm going to do it, now is the time.

wg
Old Dec 27, 2008, 4:08 pm

Let's see...
LHR to ORD, SFO, IAD; all of which are UA hubs.
I guess in your case it's simple.
UA might be the best option for you as E+ is nice enough TATL.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 5:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
Does Delta Match LH SEN?

Hi guys

I am an LH SEN with some upcoming activity on Delta.

So do you think they will match me? Are there any preconditions? Anything special I have to say - write, or do I just send in the copy of the card via Fax to Delta?

(but i will not loose my status at lh by matching will I?)

Regards

Kiez
Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:24 pm

DL should match your LH SEN status, but I'd get a match from NW.
DL will only match your SEN status to Gold Medallion while NW will probably match to Plat.
As today's Dec. 27th, I'd guess the status match on NW should safely valid through Feb. 2010.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

To add to kkjay77's excellent suggestions, you won't lose your status with LH by matching.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: US Gold
Let's see...
LHR to ORD, SFO, IAD; all of which are UA hubs.
I guess in your case it's simple.
UA might be the best option for you as E+ is nice enough TATL.
I forgot to note that I assume also several PHL flights, where UA doesn't go. I've been burned by them in the past where they've refused to credit miles for flights with the wrong fare class (not always easy to tell at time of booking). Have they improved in this respect?

Do they do status matching w/ US?

wg
Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:05 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
CO or NW?

Hi,

I have a fair bit of US domestic travel next year, largely on CO/US, starting from late Jan.

I hold a BA Gold and BD Gold and a thinking a status match may be in order.......

Can anyone advise as to the best programme to match to and how long it takes to get a card and so on? If i'm going to do it i'd like to get the card as proof of status before i'm away to avoid having issues when I travel.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL should match your LH SEN status, but I'd get a match from NW.
DL will only match your SEN status to Gold Medallion while NW will probably match to Plat.
As today's Dec. 27th, I'd guess the status match on NW should safely valid through Feb. 2010.
NW will only match North American Top Tiers / immediate competitors to Platinum.

In general you can say that the average *G member will recieve SkyTeam Elite with either programm.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 1:32 am

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
Thanks to those both here and on the DL board whose tips enabled me to match for Gold Medallion. The status was invaluable as I hit a delay LGW CVG on my first trip and misconnected. Everyone else going to Vegas on the flight was rebooked for the next day but Delta rebooked me proactively the same day via MSP. Compensation miles were also added without me having to ask.
The status also got me lounge access at LGW in Terraces (still trying to figure that one out-but it was appreciated).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.