Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2009 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Admirals Club, TrueBlue, AF/KLM Flying Blue
I'd love to match to an Asian Airline... Had anyone ever had any luck?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 9:42 am

I sent Delta a fax request asking for status match on Christmas Day. At the time I was a Premier Executive 1K on United (on January 1, I found out United made me Global Services member). Today I logged into Delta.com to check in for a flight and saw that Delta granted me Gold Medallion status.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
You might as well ask NWA for a status match. While DL will only match you to Gold, NWA will match you to PLatinum. With the merger an recipricol upgrades, it is (almost) the same as being PM on DL. Also, when the programs merge later this year, you will be a DL PM!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Brick
I sent Delta a fax request asking for status match on Christmas Day. At the time I was a Premier Executive 1K on United (on January 1, I found out United made me Global Services member). Today I logged into Delta.com to check in for a flight and saw that Delta granted me Gold Medallion status.

How did they know?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Since I work for a consulting company, I tend to fly places for fairly long periods of time (6-12 months) and then switch abruptly to a new location for the next gig. I'm based in DC, so the biggest carriers are obviously UA and US. So in 2008, I reached both UA Premier and DL Gold (I was in Atlanta for a good part of the year).

For the next several months, I will be flying from DCA to EWR on Continental and I'm at a bit of a loss of where I should be crediting my miles and whether or not I should (or can) request a status match from CO, preferably based upon my DL status since that is higher.

I would continue crediting my DL Flights to CO, except that the 50% MQM's kill me due to the fare class that I'm booking. I don't believe I can credit my CO flights to my UA account yet, but would that be the best option once that is available?

I feel like CO Status is of relativiely little use to me, since they have severely limited options out of DC. Add that to the fact that the 737 i take Monday mornings is half empty and I'm relegated to a turbo prop on the way back.

Suggestions?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
I'm a Continental platinum and I FAXed in a request to Northwest to comp my status. I FAXed a letter and copies of my 2008 OnePass online statements to the name and number listed in the EMail response I received from NW before Christmas and have heard nothing back from NW (positive or negative). My FAX machine indicated that the FAX was properly sent. Has anyone else noticed a delay this long in receiving a response? I'm thinking of resending the FAX.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA, IHG
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
I'm a Continental platinum and I FAXed in a request to Northwest to comp my status. I FAXed a letter and copies of my 2008 OnePass online statements to the name and number listed in the EMail response I received from NW before Christmas and have heard nothing back from NW (positive or negative). My FAX machine indicated that the FAX was properly sent. Has anyone else noticed a delay this long in receiving a response? I'm thinking of resending the FAX.
I'm a UA 1P and requested a status match of NW on 12/17. Fax was successful but I haven't heard anything back yet either. I hope they haven't stopped matching b/c of the pending merger. From what I had previously read, normally match requests were answered pretty quickly. I'm hoping it's just due to the holidays.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
I first sent an EMail to NW requesting the status match, and they replied back with information on who to FAX the request to and what information they needed. This indicates to me that they are still doing status matches (they didn't come out and say "no way") but perhaps they are just behind because of the holidays as you mentioned. I reFAXed my request today so we shall see. The vast majority of my EQMs on OnePass were from flying Northwest and I sent copies of all of my 2008 online statements so I hope that will convince them that I really do plan to continue flying NW.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uavking
I sent it in very early Friday morning, but haven't heard back yet. I'm in the same boat, as I was mostly interested in the domestic lounge access, but it'll be useful for the other Oneworld bennies if I let AAdvantage Plat slip.
Well... I will see if I can somehow extend my EXP membership with CX, JL and later this year (once BA miles count as well) flights to europe on BA that I do not route through Canada.

Anyways the practise that US Airlines do not grant their top tiers lounge access is a big turn-off for me On United I solved it easy with various *G memberships, on oneWorld thats a little tough. And I dont like BA EC, QF QC and Asia Miles. Leaves me with little to no choice.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:15 am

I'm a Continental platinum and I FAXed in a request to Northwest to comp my status. I first sent an EMail to NW requesting the status match, and they replied back with information on who to FAX the request to and what information they needed, which indicates to me that NW is still doing status matches from CO since they specifically mentioned info needed from my OnePass account. I FAXed a letter and copies of my 2008 OnePass online statements to the name and number listed in the EMail response I received from NW before Christmas and have heard nothing back from NW even acknowledging receipt. My FAX machine indicated that the FAX was properly sent to Emily Hayes at 218-254-7567 (the name and number given to me by NW's EMail). I reFAXed my request yesterday and still nothing. The vast majority of my EQMs on OnePass in 2008 were from flying Northwest and I sent copies of all of my 2008 online statements so I hope that will convince them that I really do plan to continue flying NW. Has anyone else noticed a delay this long in even receiving a response?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:09 am

I have sent emails to LANPASS just before the New Year, but have not received any reply. I have used both email addresses and from now on I am going to be sending reminder emails every three business days.

Even without status match, I should attain Commodoro status at the end of my DONE4 (I have put six LA segments in D in this itinerary that goes over 100K km). But I am looking to be matched to at least Premium Silver status as I would like the 100% bonus miles on my LAN flights (and LA codeshare flights) on my DONE4. Hopefully, the match will be done before the end of the month.

I am requesting this match with my UA 1K status (exp. Jan 2010).

I'd be interested in others requesting status match to LAN on their success stories.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by roder
I would continue crediting my DL Flights to CO, except that the 50% MQM's kill me due to the fare class that I'm booking
Do you mean continue crediting your CO flights to DL? Unless you see value in status at CO, I'd say continue crediting to DL to maintain status there, and if you're still doing the hop when CO transfers to Star, credit them to UA - although it won't be as much as DL which has a 500 mile minimum.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Just got an e-mail back from LAN re the request I sent last week. They want your last six statements, not just your most recent as I had sent.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by uavking
Just got an e-mail back from LAN re the request I sent last week. They want your last six statements, not just your most recent as I had sent.
You mean six months, right?

I actually sent a PDF copy of my UA online summary page listing flight activities of last 23 months. So, hopefully that will do (over the last 23 months, I've logged more than 250K BIS miles on my UA account).
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
Originally Posted by brahms77
You mean six months, right?

I actually sent a PDF copy of my UA online summary page listing flight activities of last 23 months. So, hopefully that will do (over the last 23 months, I've logged more than 250K BIS miles on my UA account).
What email address are you sending this to? I sent them a couple of emails and never heard anything back from anyone at all. If someone can PM me that I would appreciate it, plus was there any specific wording you used, other than that I told them my travel was changing to be more inclusive of South America and *A and UA didn't work for me with those changes and was looking to bring my business to a new carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.